Chapter Fifty- Four- The Truth Is Revealed

CHAPTER FIFTY FOUR

CALEB

"CALEB CONNER'S!" I ignored her and increased my pace. Anger built up inside me.

Stupid. Stupid. Why did I go there? It was only going to end badly. "STOP NOW!"

"LEAVE ME ALONE!" I bellowed behind me.

"NO!" She screamed. Next thing I knew it, I was being tackled to the ground. I fell into a wet puddle, though I was able to twist myself around first. My arms kept most of the damage to a minimum. Though I could feel my hands were throbbing from the fall.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!" I yelled and glared at Sam through the rain.

She stood over me, her red hair wildly spinning the wind.

She impatiently whipped it away. "YOU DON'T GET TO THAT!" She screamed. "HER MOTHER IS IN THE HOSPITAL. YOU DON'T GET TO JUST RUN AWAY!"

"I HAD TO!"

She laughed a crazy women's laugh. "NO! YOU DIDN'T! JUST BECAUSE SHES HEAD OVER HEELS IN LOVE WITH YOU AND YOU CAN'T STAND TO BE AROUND HER, IS NOT AN EXCUSE!"

Something inside me dropped, I think it might have been my stomach because suddenly it was difficult to stand up. I stumbled forward. "What did you just say?" I asked weakly.

Sam frowned. "What?"

"What did you just say!?"

"That you have no excuse to run away just because you can't deal with the fact that she loves you!"

I laughed. "No she doesn't." I stepped forward. "She doesn't love me."

Sam stared at me with an blank expression. "You didn't know?"

"I'm the one who loves her." I laughed and shook my head.

"You do?" She stared at me blankly.

"She's not-" I started.

Sam suddenly slapped me. The impact made me stumble back. "Don't be an idiot! Don't you dare start that stupid cycle of 'Oh trust me, I'm the only one with these feelings! I can't possibly do anything and destroy our friendship!'"

"But-" I frowned.

"But nothing!" Sam yelled.

"Mel told me that she knew and that she didn't care, that's why she made out with Blake!"

Sam shook her head. "WOW! YOU TWO ARE SO STUPID!" She laughed. "That's where you wen't wrong. Trusting Mel."

I frowned. "Then what-"

"Mel told Alley to get in that closet because she told her that it was you. She had Blake go in there and pretend that it was you." She shook her head, an relieved expression filled her features. "Mel told her that you knew that and were disgusted by it. And frankly, the part of you ignoring her and making her feel like shit, really did not help."

I stared over her head while she spoke till my eyes slowly met hers. "You mean it? She loves me?" Sam smirked and gave a short nod. "I have to fix this."

That smile grew. "Go get her."

I couldn't whip that smile off my face as I ran through the rain and back to the hospital.
Alley, Alley Sanders... I love you. Her face filled my mind as memories flooded before my eyes.

I laughed and stared around the room. It was bare and extremely clean. "So you don't have anything?" I watched as she shook her head. "Well I honestly would give you company but I really have to go."

"Okay." She said. She looked like she thought I was joking.

I frowned slightly and gave a serious expression. "Honestly I would." She really thought I was joking.

She blinked with an blank expression, as if she was trying to figure something out. Suddenly she smiled. "I believe you."

I couln't help but smile. "You know you should smile more often." I stared a little longer before, I walked out of the room. That smile... it was contagious. How have I never noticed her before? She's hard not to miss. Something then occurred to me, I turned around back towards the room. "Oh." I placed my hand on the door and grinned. "I didn't get your name."

The girl suddenly stood up from the bed and swayed a bit as if she was dizzy. I took a step towards her but stopped when she seemed to have regained her balance. Whoops.

"Oh, um. My names A-Alley, Alley Sanders." She stuttered, her cheeks growing a deep red.

I grinned. "Alley." I repeated and nodded. It suited her. I liked it.