Chapter Twenty-Six- A List, Love And The Past

CHAPTER TWENTY- SIX

"Oh honey! Are you okay!?" I just walked out of change rooms and opened the heavy door to be bombarded by my mum. Bombarded? What the heck did that word even mean? Mum held onto my face with both of her hands. Probably making my face look like a well defined fish.

I was so hot.

"I'm fine." Though it sounded like I said 'Mfin'. Sam came from behind me and laughed in her hand.

Mum shot her a look as she reluctantly let go of my face. "I don't like that girl."

I raised an eyebrow. "What girl?"

"Your captain!" She screeched, "I'll have a word to her." Mum tried to walk behind me but I blocked her way.

"No, you won't. I already did."

Relief washed over her face, "Did you kill her?"

"Did you seriously just ask me that?" I laughed.

"Well hide the body and nobody will know." This is why I love my mum, her jokes were always so inappropriate. Well, I hoped she was joking.

"And everyone will rejoice!" Sam added enthusiastically.

I rolled my eyes. "Guys were not going to kill her."

Mum pretended to look defeated. "Are you sure?"

I laughed again and looked behind her. I frowned, "Where did everyone go?" The room was practically empty. Except for a few people standing around and talking.

"Oh the game finished about ten minutes ago. You missed it." Mum frowned. "Were going out for dinner with the Conners, Helen's just over there." She pointed towards the bleachers where Helen shut her phone and started walking towards us. "The boys already left with Isabelle and Anna."

"Oh." Sam and I said the same time.

"Do you want to come Samantha?" Mum asked.

Sam smiled sweetly, "Sure." And I knew what she was thinking- free food. My mum never allowed Sam to pay when we went out.

"You girls ready to go?" Helen smiled at us and we nodded eagerly. We followed the adults to the car and climbed into Helen's car. It was black and shiny. I didn't know what it was but by the leather seats and the smell I could tell it was expensive. Hey don't judge, I just don't know about that stuff.

The ride there was in comfortable silence as we listened to the radio. When we got to the restaurant we instantly noticed our families sitting at a long back table. I noticed Oliver and Aiden there with Caleb.

Helen sighed. "I still can't believe he did that."

"I could have sworn I've seen that boy before." My mum replied.

I frowned. "What are you talking about?"

Helen paused. "Caleb punched a boy and had a time out. He nearly wasn't allowed to play."

"Why would he do something like that?"

Mum shrugged. "He looked angry." She frowned. "I really could have sworn I've seen the boy before, maybe you know him."

We arrived at the table and they sat down. I stood there biting my lip. Maybe I know him?

"Alley?" I looked over at Sam who frowned at me and slid the chair out. I sat down, hardly realising that I was next to Caleb.

I leaned forward, "Mum what did he look like?"

"Hm?" She turned away from my father as I could feel everyones eyes on me.