Chapter Fourty- Four - Invitations

CHAPTER FOURTY FOUR

I stared across the room, I watched as Sam flicked her red hair behind her shoulder and laughed at something that Caleb just said. They were all smiling and laughing. 

My heart beat with envy. I wanted to be over there. I wanted to be laughing at Caleb's jokes.
...I wanted Caleb.

No, wait... I wanted my best friends back.

I felt my throat tighten as I thought back on Sam's words. No matter how many times I tried to text Sam or Caleb, there was no answer.

Face it Alley. You got yourself in this mess so you need to fix it. I wanted them back but there was something else I wanted, possibly even more... I wanted my revenge on Mel.

Hatred on her was the only thing that kept me from running towards Sam. Sad, I know.

But I had to do this. Otherwise, Mel would still be here and more friendships would be broken because of her.

I had no idea what Sam was saying when she said that I was turning into Mel, I would never do that. It's all an act! Can't she see that I'm doing this because she asked me to?!

Anger replaced the envy in a second. There was also an annoying high pitched soud on my left. I turned towards Mel and frowned.

She had this furious expression on her face as she stared at me. Like anyone not listening to her would end the planet. I sighed, "What?"

She rolled her eyes, "I said did Blake invite you to his party?"

I shook my head as my eyes drifted back to the happy table. Never had things been this bad between us. I hated it. I hated losing her. I hated this whole thing. "What is it Alley?" Mel interrupted my thoughts, "Missing your best friend?"

I didn't answer as I had this extreme urge to hit her... If she was on fire and I had a glass water, I would drink it.

Yeah, that's how much I'm disliking this.

"I told you." Mel demanded. "You don't need her...Or Caleb."

Interesting. Never has Mel really bought Caleb in a conversation. This should be interesting. "So you're over him?"

I could practically see both Sienna and Sophia wince and lean away from the table. Even the cheerleaders looked afraid. Mel though made a careless flick of her hair and smiled, "Of course I am. You still like him right? I mean, were best friends Alley." She stared at me. Though her expression was warm, those eyes made me feel cold. "I wouldn't go for a guy if you still want him."

I swallowed and forced a smile, "Right." And with that I got up from the table. "I should leave."

I stormed out of the cafetria. It seemed like the only thing I was doing lately. I didn't realise that they had left the cafetria as well, my heart sank when I stopped in the corridor. The smiles on there faces faded when they caught my eye.

You know that feeling where your stomach feels like it's literally about to drop, the room tilts a little and you feel like you're about to puke? Yeah, I felt that.

Sam stared at me with a cold expression, to say that things were awkward would be an understatemnt. I felt the rest of there eyes on me as my legs moved robotically away. It hurt for her to stare at me like that.

Like I was a stranger.

Like I wasnt her best friend.

Like I was no one.

The day continued on in a slow but long blur. Physical Education had to the be the worst. I was partnered in a group of dodge ball with Caleb. I wasn't the best at PE, which made it worse. Usually I'm with Sam and we both sit at the back. Though I was stuck without anyone. All of my cheerleading friends were in the other group; along with Sam, Oliver and Mason. Caleb sort of looked like he wanted to there as well. But the worst part of all of this was the awkwardness.

I stood there awkardley and almost paralized as everyone screamed around me and dove away from the ball.

So you can imagine the ball coming towards me and my only reaction was to stand there. The ball hit me squarely in the face. I groaned at the impact and stumbled towards the bleachers. I looked up and noticed Mason staring at me with a satisfied smirk. On my way to the bleachers, Caleb's shoulder bumped into mine. "Nice one." He spat sarcastically.

Now that hurt as well. I felt tears brim the edges of my eyes. I don't know what it was, maybe it was because of the ball or maybe it was this lonely feeling.

Coach Siesta ordered me to go and get an ice pack. I ended up sitting outside of the gym, on the floor with an ice pack against my cheek.

I sat there, bitting onto my lip and staring forward blindly. I looked up to at the approach of footsteps to welcome two people I despised.

Hayden and Blake both smirked as they stood in front of me. Blake was the first to speak, "Where's your usual crowd Sanders? Did you realise that there a bunch of douches?"

"Go away." I muttered numbly. Really, I could not deal with this.

"What's wrong Alley?" That smirk on Hayden's face disappeared when he nealt down to my height. "Is it that Mason kid? He hit that ball at you pretty hard."

I shrugged and stared away from him. Blake gave an awkward shrug when Hayden stood up again. "Concider this a formal invite to my party, its tomorrow night."

"I'm done with parties." I responded.

"Not this one." Blake smirked before he dropped something near me on the floor. "Be there."

Hayden gave me an half smile before they walked away. I shook my head while I closed my eyes and rubbed my temples. "What did they just say?" A voice demanded. I snapped my eyes open in time to see Caleb grab the invitation from the floor. With a quick scan, his cold eyes landed on me. "You can't go to this."

"Well, I just might." I snapped. "Why? Do you suddenly care or something?"

"Blake's parties are always wild." He shook his head. "Well, I guess if Mel's going then you have to go as well right?" My jaw tightened when I didn't answer. Caleb sighed and started to walk away, only he stopped and turned around. "Why did you do it Alley? Why did you throw your best friend's books on the floor, humilate her in front of everyone and choose Mel?"

"B-because..." My voice broke. "It's hard to explain."

He gave a deep sigh. "You're still going to Blakes aren't you?"

"I'm grounded." I muttered.

"That wont stop you." Caleb dropped the piece of paper near me again. "You're not going alone. You can come over mine at 7 and we'll go there together." His eyes met mine. "Then you'll have plenty of time to explain."

I watched Caleb walked away as a cold feeling spread through me. Dammit.

___________________________________

Just a little short. haha sorry about that guys. thoughts on this chapter? :)