Chapter Ninteen- Unexpected News

CHAPTER NINTEEN

I didn't want to hear this. What was Oliver doing? My whole body tensed for his answer, Sam and I held our breaths.

"I- I don't." Caleb stuttered. "It's not like that, you don't understand."

Oliver gave a harsh laugh. "Maybe for you."

Caleb frowned. "What's that meant to mean?"

I felt the urge to suddenly punch Oliver when a wave of heat consumed me. I wanted to scream and jump out of the locker, but Sam's grip on my arm stopped me.

Oliver placed his arms in the air, a look of innocence on his face. "Nothing man, I just mean if you don't want her then I was thinking that maybe I could date her."

I wasn't exactly sure of the look that crossed Caleb's face but in an instant it was gone; usually I could read him like a book so I was left extremely confused when his face turned blank. What was he thinking?

Heck, what was Oliver thinking?

The next worst thing happened. My phone started to beep and the ring tone 'Animals' by Neon Tree's blasted from it. I knew it was extremely sad that the song I'd chosen as my ringtone was the one that Caleb and I had sung together after mini golf.

"Turn it off!" Sam hissed.

My hands fumbled with the phone and it dropped onto the floor the same moment that the door opened. I met confused green eyes.

"Alley? What are you doing in here?"

My cheeks flamed a deep red and I bent down to retrieve my phone. "Nothing."

"Do you and Sam always hide in the locker?"

I heard Aiden snicker and I rolled my eyes. "No."

"Then what are you doing?"

Anger filled me and I stormed past him. "Nothing!" The door closed with a loud classified bang and I winced.

Wow, I was turning into such a drama queen. When had my life become so drama filled all of a sudden?

"Alley?" His hand tightened on my arm and I stopped moving down the hallway. Was it bad that just the simplest touch from him made my heart race? I swear the guy was going to give me a heart attack.

"Sorry Caleb." I whispered, my voice sounded stung. "I need to go home and put more clothes on, or else ill look too cheap."

He moved in front of me and sighed. "You know I didn't mean it."

"You always say what you mean." I crossed my arms over my chest. "What do you want?"

A look of hurt crossed his features, I almost blurted out something stupid. "I wanted to apologise." He took a deep breath and grabbed my shoulders. "Alley I don't like fighting with you, this whole weekend I was a wreck. I could hardly sleep."

I bit my lip and looked away. "There's nothing going on with Blake and I." Just him and your girlfriend.

"I know." He sighed. "I'm sorry about that; I think I just don't like it when guys are all over you, I'm just protective of you."

"You mean like a brother?"

He nodded. "Yeah."

"Great." I sighed. I sped walked down the hallway again and almost walked into the door.

I heard Caleb snicked behind me and I stepped outside. "What!" I snapped, turning around to face him.

"What?" He laughed and rolled his eyes. "What do you want me to say Alley? I've already apologised." He shrugged and started to light a cigarette.