Chapter Fifty- Nine- Goodbyes And Forgiving

CHAPTER FIFTY NINE

Mr K leaned forward in his chair. "Alley is an honorable student at Beverly Hills High, we would like to keep it that way."

Mum stared at him with a leveled stare. "Maybe I should move my honorable daughter somewhere else. Where matters will be fixed."

"Mrs Sanders-"

She interrupted. "My daughter has been bullied from this girl. I want her out of the school or I move my daughter else were." She glared at Mr K. "This behaviour is unacceptable-"

"Mum-" I muttered, my cheeks heating.

"No it is Alley!" She stared at me with a desperate look. "If you had any idea that it was her who did this to you, then you should have came to me earlier!" Her eyes moved towards Mr K again, "My daughter should feel as though she can voice what has happened between her and this girl!"

Mr K's own cheeks her heating. With embarrassment or anger, I couldn't tell. "Mrs Sanders there were amounts of evidence that your daughter had stolen that money, we found it-"

"And who told you that she stole it?! That little bitch who framed my little girl-!"

"Mum!" I exclaimed.

"Honey." Dad grabbed her hand, "Calm down."

We sat in Mr K's office where three chairs were placed in front of his desk. Mr K of course, sat behind his desk. Mr K stared at at mum with bewilderment. "Mrs Sanders-" He took a deep breath, "I can assure you that Melanie Casio will be punished for what she has done, she has already been expelled."

That instantly lightened my mood. "Thank god." I muttered under my breath.

"Well I would hope so!" Mum got to her feet and quickly grabbed my hand, "Come on." She stormed out of his office. Leaving dad to give an embarrassed smile and follow while I stumbled forward from her hand.

Mum stopped in the hallway, her face still flushed with anger. "I can't believe-!"

"Mum!" I yelled over her, "It's over! You heard what he said, Mel's been expelled."

Her eyes met mine. This time she no longer looked angry but upset. That was worse. "Why didn't you come to me Alley?" She wiped away a tear. "I know that I was angry and I shouldn't have. I should have listened to you but you could have told me about her Alley. I would have protected you. You're my daughter, it's my job to protect you."

Instead of immediately answering, I pulled her into a hug. We stayed that way for a few moments as dad stood behind us. I noticed Mason not that far away, at the end of the hallway. "I'm sorry." I mumbled.

She patted me awkwardly on my back before pulling away, she wiped away more tears again while smiling. "I love you so much hunny, I'm so sorry that I pushed away and reacted the way I did."

"It's OK Mum." I smiled back.

Dad held onto her hand, "How about we go out for some lunch?"

"I need to still go and pack up my books but I said that I'd hang with Caleb afterwards."

Dad smiled and patted me on the back with his other hand, "Alright. We'll see you back home."

I watched them leave before turning around and almost having an heart attack from Mason. He stood in front of me with a glum expression, though his lips twitched when I jumped. I hit him, "Don't do that!"

"What was all that about?"

"Just my mum going spastic about Mel, finding out it wasn't me who stole the money and almost killing Mr K." I paused. "Oh, and Mel got expelled."

"Thank god." He muttered.

"I'd say lets celebrate but you look like someone just died." My eyes widened, "Oh my god! someone didn't die right?!"

He shook his head with a small smirk. "No."

"OK..." My voice trailed off, "Whats wrong?"

"It's Sam-"

"You better not be breaking up with her!" I exploded before he could say anything. He didn't answer but stared at me with a pained expression. "What! You can't! You guys are meant to be together!"

"I know." He sighed. "My families moving. My dad just had a job offer and if everything goes well there then we'll be staying there permanently."

"B-but..." I frowned, "You can't move! The three of us have been best friends forever. Things will be so weird if you leave."

This time he smiled. "I think that things will be fine for you. Caleb's become a large part of your life now-"

"You're still my best friend Mase."

He grinned, "Thanks A."

My smile faulted. "What about Sam? Things won't be fine for her."

He sighed as that pained expression returned, it almost made me want to return my comment. "She's strong. I think that she'll be fine."

"What about a long distant relationship?"

Mase shook his head, "You know that she doesn't believe that those work." He shrugged one shoulder, "And she's right. They hardly ever do. The whole time I'd be away, I'd just want her back in my arms and to kiss-"

"Too much information already." I interrupted. "You can't just ignore her forever, when do you leave?"

His eyes passed over my head, "Tonight." Tonight?! What!? He can't be leaving like this! "I need to go and tell her now."

I swallowed back the lump in my throat as a mountain of memories flashed before my eyes with him. "You haven't told her yet?"

He shook his head, "I've been trying to but I just couldn't..."

"She's going to be so heartbroken." I whispered. I didn't mean to make him feel bad but I couldn't help but think about my other best friend and the way that she'll take this.

Pain flashed in his eyes. "Take care of her though alright?"

I nodded, "I hope that everything goes crappy for your dads new job."

This time he smirked. "Me too." His eyes met mine. "Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you. Hayden's leaving as well."

"If only it was just Hayden and Mel moving." I muttered. "You sure that you can't stay? I could talk to my dad and beg for you to stay with us?"

That smile widened. "I can't. My parents would say no."

I gave a nod. "Dammit."

"I think that you're missing the point here. Hayden and Mel are moving."

"I wonder why Hayden's moving." I frowned.

He gave me a pointed look. "I guess that he couldn't get what he came for."

"He's such an ass." I muttered, "I'm glad he's moving."

"Just not me?" He smiled and pulled me into a hug.

"Defiantly not you." I hugged him tighter. "Will I see you later?"

I felt him shake his head, "I need to go home and get my things then were going straight to the air port."

I felt tears fill my eyes, "So..." My voice broke. "You're telling me that this is the last time I'll see you?"

He snorted and pulled away so he was just holding on my shoulders. "Don't be so dramatic. I'll come and visit whenever I can and I'll email you or whatever." My tears fell as he wiped them quickly away. "Don't cry."

"I'm going to miss you so much." I mumbled.

He smiled sadly as I watched his own tears form in his eyes, "I'm going to miss you too A." His hands fell at his sides. "I love you OK? We'll keep in touch."

I smiled, "I love you too Mase."

He gave him another hug which lasted a few moments before he pulled away, gave me another smile and ran down the hall.

I don't know what made me do it, but I was suddenly running down the hallway myself. It took me a while till I found him, though he was outside near his car and dumping a box in his boot.

Just as I walked over, it slammed shut. "Hayden."

He turned around, "What are you doing here?"

"Getting my books..." My voice trailed off. Obviously. "I heard that you're leaving."

"I am."

He didn't say anything else so I continued, "Why?"

"Because I destroyed everything here for myself...with you." He stared at me. "I'm sorry what happened Alley. Everything with Mel. I didn't mean to tell her about your condition and bringing back the past. Whatever happened between us then... I destroyed it when you found me with that other girl. I was naive to think that you'd forgive me and take me back."

I found my voice. "You made me think that I was some kind of freak-"

"I know." He interrupted, "I freaked out when I realised that I actually loved you."

"When you love someone you don't insult them and make them insecure about themselves! I thought that Caleb would never love me because you made me feel so unwanted and disgusting for my condition!" I took a deep breath and stopped.

His face had slowly shattered. "I can say sorry for a thousand years Alley and it won't any difference." He paused. "I really am sorry though."

"I know." I sighed. "But I forgive you."

He stared at me with shock. "Y-you forgive me? Just like that?"

I shrugged, "It wasn't 'just like that' Hayden. I've had this grudge against you for years... but it's time to move on."

He nodded. "Thanks Alley. I couldn't agree more."

I smiled in relief. "Next time don't destroy what you have with a girl because you're scared. Tell her how you feel."

He smirked, "I'll keep that in mind. That's good advice." I nodded and turned to leave though his next words stopped me. "You were too good for me anyway." I smiled at him the same moment he said. "I hope that things work out well with you and Conner's. You guys deserve each other."

I walked away in shock. Never in my life had I expected those words from Hayden.

I guess that a lot changed this year. Including ourselves.

________________________________________________________________________

ONE CHAPTER LEFT!

QUESTION TO ANSWER IN COMMENT- WHAT HAS BEEN YOUR FAVOURITE MOMENT IN SOMEONE LIKE YOU?

thanks for reading! love ya all ! xoxo  comment and votes are  appreciated!

NEWS ON THE SEQUEL IS SOON TO BE ANNOUNCED!