Chapter Fifty Five- I Confess, I Love You

I dedicate this chapter to one of my best friends who has helped me and encouraged me so much with this story. But also with helping me create a special scene in this chapter that you've all been waiting for.

So... without a further a do, I give you. My amazing readers, the chapter you've really wanted to read throughout this whole book.
love you all xoxoox
comment and tell me if it met up to your expectations :) & votes !
Kirstiee xooooxox

CHAPTER FIFTY FIVE

There's a moment when you first wake up that you're only able to focus on one thing, for me- it was him.

I thought that I was going to die. I thought that once that car hit me, that I was goner. Though there was a moment before I woke up that that bright light disappeared and it was replaced with the unknown. It was as if I was drowning.

No, wait. It was as if I drowning in my own darkness that I heard it. His voice. "Alley, please.... wake up. I need you." It was the beacon of hope in that deep and dark place that resurfaced to a brighter light.
He was who I focused on first. My eyes on his. The one I thought that I'd never see again. A smile brightened his face. It was so beautiful.

"Don't move." He muttered to me. "Just stay still." I stopped moving and stayed where I was though my eyes started to droop closed again, the darkness consuming me once again. "Alley!" My shoulders were shaken, causing a deep pain on my side and my eyes to snap open. "Stay with me."

I smiled to myself and mumbled drowsily. "I'll always stay with you."

Caleb grinned. "How do you feel?" I felt a light squeeze on my hand and looked down. He was holding my hand.

"I feel..." My eyes met his. "I feel like I was just run over by a car."

He chuckled. "That's because you were." Suddenly, that smile disappeared. "Don't ever do that again."

"Do what?" I mumbled. My eyes ran across the room. It had that annoying hospital smell that I hated. Plus the room was bare and clean. Where was everyone?

"Leave me." His face was suddenly angry with a deep frown.

I swallowed hard, feeling my throat tighten. "But... you hate me."

His eyes widened. "Alley, I don't hate you. I-" He stopped and shook his head. "Just.. I don't hate you."
Those tears threatened to spill. "You don't?"

He nodded and gave a closed mouthed smile. "No." A tear spilt which he easily whipped from my cheek. His hand laid on my cheek for a few seconds longer. "Don't cry. You don't need to worry about that anymore OK? Just know that I'm not about to leave."

"Okay..." I said shakily, I swallowed hard as my eyes ran around the room again. "Why do we keep having a habit of meeting at the hospital after I bleed everywhere?"

He shrugged and smirked. "The hospitals my new favourite place as long as I'm concerned. It's where I met you."

I smiled back. "Where is everyone?"

"Everyone's in your mum's room, they've been waiting for you to wake up but I told them that I'd stay here."

"My mum-"

"She's fine." He smiled. "A little shaken up when she heard about you but the surgery was a success Alley. She's fine. The cancer's gone."

I gave a relieved smile and a weak laugh. "Everything's going to be OK."

He nodded and squeezed my hand. "I promised your sister that she'd be fine remember?"

I smiled though it broke. "Caleb...." I took a deep breath. "Why are you here?" Not that I wanted him gone or anything but that hostile expression that had been on his face just hours ago had disappeared with a new warmth. It wasn't quite the same look that he had looked at me when we were friends. Well, it had a trace of that. But he was staring at me with something new.

Something that made me want to squirm and hide with embarrassment.

His answer surprised me. "Do you trust me?"

I smiled, a memory forming in my mind when I had asked him the same question. "I do." I said it so powerfully that it sounded like I was marrying him. I wish...

"Good." He smirked. "Then you're just going to have to trust me. I'll tell you but right now... It's not the right moment. Just trust me for now though OK?"

I gave a short nod and a smile. I could do that. He's trusted me through so much... I opened my mouth to say something but the door suddenly opened.

Bell squealed. "You're awake!" She ran towards me, knocking onto my bad side and making me scream out in pain. "Sorry!"

Though just when she was about to move away, I hugged her lightly towards me.

"They-They weren't sure that you'd wake up." Bell cried. "I thought that I was going to lose you."

I whipped away her tears, feeling my own start to well. I pushed back her hair. "Hey, I'm still here OK?"

"Thank god!" Sam busted into the room, tears were falling down her cheeks effortlessly. She pushed away Caleb from the chair beside my bed and hugged me tightly.

I hugged her back and gave a weak laugh. "You were worried?"

Sam shrugged and rolled her eyes. "Please. I was practically skipping around this place. I knew that you were fine." Caleb rolled his eyes at her and gave her a pointed look. Sam grinned, "But in all seriousness if you die before me, I will you kill."

I frowned. "That doesn't even make sense."

"You don't want it to." She winked.

I rolled my eyes. "I still worry about you."

That grin widened. "And I worry about you." That smile suddenly disappeared. "You're my best friend Alley Sanders. I love you to pieces." And that evil smile was suddenly back. "Put me through that once again and there will be a price to pay."

"You can't just keep things all nice and sweet can you?" I laughed. "I love you too Samantha Stevens."

She cringed. "Ew. Full name, really?"

"Hey. We heard that you're awake." Mason and Oliver's heads popped around the corner of the door.

"We come bearing gifts." Mason added with a smile.

"Well, if it's gifts then that's OK." I laughed. I pushed my myself up from my pillows and received a warning look from Caleb. I gave him the same look before I won that small staring battle and he helped me sit up. By the time that I was sitting up, I had a hot feelings spread around my arms where he helped me up.

At least I know that I didn't loose feeling.

Mason came over and placed the flowers on the table before he gave me a huge hug. "I'm glad that you're OK." He mumbled.

Oliver hugged me next then gave me a giant bear. "Me too." He leaned in close to my ear and whispered. "The bear is in case you get lonely, you can think of it as Caleb."

I smacked him away with a laugh.

"I'm going to go and tell Mum and Dad that you're awake." Bell grinned before running out of the room.

"You know." Oliver started. "She looks a lot like you Alley. Except she's cute."

"So nice." I muttered as everyone laughed. "You don't think I'm cute?"

Oliver shook his head and sat at the end of my bed, "Nah. I think that you're beautiful."

"Awh. How sweet." I rolled my eyes. "How did you guys find out-"

"Sam." Caleb voice interrupted what I was going to say. His eyes moved away from glaring at Oliver to staring at Sam. "Can I talk to you outside?"

Sam frowned. "Yeah, sure."

I watched as they walked out with a frown. "What's that about?"

Oliver and Mason stared at the open door, to a walking away Caleb and Sam. "I have no idea."
Dad bursted in the room, with Bell close behind her. He was in my arms before I could even say 'Hey Dad!'. He hugged me close. "Thank god that you're OK."

I smiled. "Where's Mum?"

"She's not allowed out of her bed. She wants you to roll yourself over in a wheel chair to her room." He grinned though it quickly disappeared. "Alley because of your condition the doctors were unsure that you'd make it out of this. It's a miracle that you're alive. A total and utter miracle-" He frowned and stared at the empty chair next to me. "Talking about miracles. How is Caleb out of here? He never left your side when you were a sleep."

I frowned. "Never?"

Dad smiled, "No. He kept crying, holding onto your hand and saying that he couldn't leave your side."

I blinked. "He did?"

Dad didn't hear what I said though, he kept on rambling. "I don't know if we can get you in a wheel chair though, I might have to ask the doctors if we can just wheel your bed into your mothers-"

Though, I was past the part of listening. I was staring out the door. Down the hallway, I could see two figures intently talking.

He cried over me... He cried over me... He cares. He cares about me.

I still had that nagging thought in the back of my mind. I could trust Caleb but that thought kept asking- why?

Two weeks passed from that day and I was still left with that one thought. Caleb had visited me almost every day, without an explanation of why. Though my heart felt warm whenever he was there. It was just like old times. Like we were friends again. I felt completely and utterly safe and.... in love.

I sat on my bed flickering through channels with an bored expression, I excepted it to be Caleb who bursted into my room (since he hadn't visited once today) and yet it was Sam. "It's time!" Sam screamed as she ran in the room.

"Time for what?" I sat up and started at her with bewilderment.

Sam clicked her fingers together while grinning a wide grin. Mason and Oliver walked in with the same smiles on there faces and... wearing tuxes?

Oliver handed me a bunch of red flowers. I gripped onto them while frowning. There was a tag on them that read 'To the most beautiful girl.'

I frowned, looked up and opened my mouth. Though Mason passed me a big white box. There was also another note on it. I ripped open the letter while gaping like a fish.

What was this?

'Just for you.' I opened the box to another letter which I instantly grabbed. Under it was a bright purple dress. It wasn't exactly the same as the one that I wrote to prom. It had the same colour but while my Prom dress had been puffy, this was straight and tight. It was also strapless. I read the next letter, the material falling out of my hands and into the box. 'Follow the petals.'

That's it? No, love from blah blah? I looked up to find Mason and Oliver walking out of the room.

"Sam, what is this? What's going on?" I bursted. "Time for what!?"

Sam simply grinned her annoying grin. "Do you trust me?"

Why were so many people asking me this? "Of course I do, but-"

"Then there's no discussion. Let's get you ready."

I stared at her for a couple more seconds before sighing. "I'm not getting any more information out of you am I?"

She shook her head and smiled. "Just trust me."

So I did. I sat with my head spinning as Sam worked on my make up and hair. I walked in the bathroom and placed the dress on once she was done. It was beautiful. The dress fit me tightly and it looked... well, I looked hot. It fit me all of those right places.

Sam had plastered a deal of make up on my face from foundation, eyeliner, liquid eyeliner, blush and eye make up. My brown hair was styled in long curls which ran past my boobs with the top part of my hair pinned back with bobby pins.

It was perfect. "I want to see!" I could practially hear her jumping outside the door.

I twisted the door knob and walked out. Sam gave me a big juicy grin. "You my friend, are a babe."

"So are you." I winked, once I realised that she was also wearing a dress. What was this? Formal day? Did I miss the memo?

"Come on." Sam practically dragged me out of the room after tossing a pair of black heels at me. I stumbled out of the room.

"Is this really necessary? The side me isn't really healed yet."

"It's better, That's why we had to wait so long." Sam replied.

"Wait so long? Who. Is. We?" Dear God, please give the strength to not hurt this girl.

"Sam-" I stopped.

Just as I realised what was on the floor. Red and purple petals portrayed a type of path for us as we followed them. I stared down at them, the whole time while my mouth continued to open like a stupid fish.

WHAT IS GOING ON!?

We passed the ladies at the desk, Grandma Lynn's friends grinned up at us. "Good luck." One of them said.

"You look absolutely beautiful." The other said. They then laughed at my expression.

My cheeks heated as soon we were in the elevator. More petals were thrown inside. The smell overwhelming us as soon as Sam pressed the down button.

"I am so freaked out right now." I muttered.

"I know." Sam snickered. "Just roll with it."

We ended up following the petals down the lift to outside. I stopped at the entrance to another pile of petals in front of... a limo.

I looked at Sam and gave a deep sigh. She grinned and held out a piece of black material.... a blind fold. "Trust, right?" I frowned.

She nodded while grinning wickedly. "Trust."

Sam placed the blind fold over my eyes and helped me inside the end of the car. The door was closed behind us and before I knew it, we drove of.

I was left to my thoughts for the next 20 minutes. To say that it was running wildly would be an understatement. I kept thinking up of predictions of what this was. A joke. I was being filmed at this very moment. That was the best one that I could come up with. The only one that sounded sane in this crazy situation.

Slowly, the car rolled to a stop. "Sam-" I muttered uncertainly.

"Hang on." She replied. There was a sound of the car door opening on her side, then shutting closed. I sighed in the silence, while my heart rate increased. The door on my side was opened again. "Come on."

I grabbed hold onto Sam's hand blindly. "Are you sure that you don't need any help?" A voice asked, I was sure that it was the driver.

"No, It's fine." Sam said. "Thank you." I was led forward. The blind fold came off when we suddenly stopped.

It took a while for my eyes to adjust to the colours. We were at the top of a hill, it overlooked Beverly Hills below us. Fairy lights also hung on trees next to the path that I was about to follow. Red and purple petals were on the path. I heard only the sound of my footsteps as I walked, turning around I noticed that Sam had stopped. She smiled and nodded her head to the path.

I swallowed back my nerves and did what she said. This was a joke. I'm being played. Why is Sam doing this? Why am I trusting her? What is going on!?

The petals suddenly stopped. I looked up.  Oliver and Mason stood on the side. Under a white tent. Speakers were set up beside them. Mason sat there on drums and Oliver with a base. They all had large grins on them.

Then, on the end of the path was another figure in a tux. Though unlike my confused frown, he was grinning.

Caleb Conners.

"Caleb..." I walked towards him. "What's going on?"

His eyes were on mine, in an intense stare. "Alley...." He breathed out a shaky breath. I stood in front of him. Never had I heard Caleb sound nervous?

"Caleb, you're making me nervous. What is this?"

"We've been played Alley." Caleb finally said, after a moment of silence. "Alley, I don't hate you."

"Played by who?" I frowned.

"Mel." He shrugged and swallowed hard. "But I'm not going to let her do this to us anymore Alley. We deserve this." He took a deep breath. "Alley you're my best friend-"

And yet, there it is. He said it. He wants to be friends. Is it so stupid that my head ran to conclusions about all of this? Caleb continued, "But I'm in love with you and you're all I ever wanted."

Silence followed. I didn't say anything. I stared up at him with my mouth hanging open. Wow, I must have looked like the coolest person. I shivered as he offered me his hand. My favourite smile filled his features. "Would you like to dance with me?"

Something formed in my brain then, another memory.

"You said that you never kissed anyone before." I felt my cheeks burn and I look over at him, he was staring at me. "How do you picture it?"

My eyes trailed to a nearby tree as I answered honestly, my cheeks heating. "With a band and music playing as the guy kisses me in the rain." I snuck a look at him and noticed him grinning. "Your making fun of me?" It was hard to not hear the hurt in my voice.

"No." His face was slightly alarmed as he stared at me. "I was just thinking about how I wished mine was like that."

"I don't know how." I whispered.

He grinned wider. "I'll show you." His hand wrapped around mine and his other arm on my waste. Though I did noticed the way he hesitated. My knees grew weak and I closed my eyes as he spun me around. The weight of his arms wrapped around me, felt like the world was just in one. This was where I was meant to be. I reminded myself to breathe easily, and opened my eyes.

His band played. Mason on drums and Oliver on base, though music from another speaker blasted  Caleb singing and playing. It sounded as if they were playing together, except for the part that Caleb was right in my arms. The song played was Give Me Love By Ed Sheeran. My heart rate increased when I caught him staring at me. My heart was beating so fast that I was surprised I wasn't about to have a heart attack. Could he feel my sweaty hands? "I like this look better. It's more you."

I smiled at him. "Thanks." My voice was barely a whisper. We dance in sync to the song's beat. I could feel his heart racing inside in his chest because we were so close. They thumped at the same increasing speed. I looked away, towards a tree with fairy lights. "You do?"

"I do what?"

My eyes met his while my heart continued skipping a beat. "You like me?"

"No Alley." He whispered. His eyes piercing mine. "I love you."

I bit my lip, tears filing my eyes. Weakly in a half whisper, "You do?"

He nodded a short nod, his eyes sparkling. "You're incredible Alley. You don't need to be anyone else. I love you the way you are."

"B-but it's someone like you.... You're the popular guy. You were never meant to like someone like me."

"Shut up," His eyes were dead serious as his finger softly lifted my chin to look back up at him, "I love everything about you, the craziness to the nerdy you. It's what makes you, you. I love you for who you are."

"You love me?" I stood like a stunned fish. My mouth still gaping open.

"Wow you're really slow tonight aren't you?" He grinned.

Rain started to drizzle the sky as I let go off him, stepping away. "You're lying." I whispered. "Caleb, you could never l-" I couldn't say it. I closed my eyes. "I'm a freak." The tears fell down my cheeks. "The condition I have.. You don't want me."

I stumbled backwards and before I knew it, I was running back towards the car again. I felt his hand wrap around mine first before he pulled me to a stop. I crashed into his hard chest. "You're not a freak Alley." The fierceness in his eyes and voice scared the crap out of me. I tried to pull away but his hand wrapped around my waste. Slowly, his eyes trailed to my lips. "Maybe this will convince you." My stomach dropped with a million butterflies taking over.

I watched with wide eyes as his hand found my chin again, tilted my head up and caressed my cheek. His thumb left a trailed sensation of heat where it touched my face. I couldn't stand looking into his burning lustful eyes anymore, So I quickly shut mine and swallowed hard.

After a brief hesitation...

His lips found mine and I melted into them. It started out soft, our lips working in sync till we were both fiercely kissing each other. My arms wrapped around him and into his smooth hair. My heart continued to beat fast as rain poured down heavily and drenched us.

Not that I cared.

He broke away from our heated kiss, as his lips started to trail down my neck. I shivered. He then started to agonisingly work his way back up towards my lips, giving them a sweet lingering kiss.

He smiled wickedly after breaking the kiss once again. "I've always wanted to do that." His eyes trailed to my lips. My eyes were still wide. "I can't believe that you didn't think I wanted you.. I was the one that thought that you didn't want me. Alley you're the most amazing-"

My finger pressed against his lips and he instantly stopped talking. "Shut up," I whispered. The wide look faded from my eyes and was replaced with a large grin. "I love you."

He grabbed my hand and kissed it. Slowly his eyes met mine. An cheeky expression covered his face. "Of course you do, I'm Caleb Conner's," I gave him a look and he grinned. "I love you to babe."

I made a face. "babe?"

"Sweetheart?"

I shook my head.

"Cutie pie?"

I widened my eyes in disgust.

"A?"

I smiled and laughed. "Better."

"I love the sound of your laugh." He smiled.

"You're such a dork." I grinned back.

"I'm the dork-"

"Just shut up and kiss me again."

He chuckled. "That, I can do."

His arms wrapped around me again and before I knew it he was kissing me hungrily as the lights above us twinkled and the music blasted from the speakers.

- Find a boyfriend.
- Kiss a guy in the rain.

Check.