Chapter Thirty- Six- So Naive

CHAPTER THIRTY- SIX

CALEB

It was as if everything was in slow motion. My keys landed on the floor with a loud noise. I cringed and froze. Did she hear me?

I swear Sam was like a blood hound, I heard her running steps and with in seconds she was in the kitchen. "What are you doing?"

I swallowed. "My mum called, she needs my help."

"With what?" She frowned.

"Uh... Bringing clothes." Hey, it could happen.

"Where's the clothes?"

Crap. "There... In my car already." I was usually a good liar, but this. This was despicable.

"Oh." She suddenly smiled brightly. "I thought you were going out to spy on Alley or something."

I picked up my keys and gave an convincing laugh and rolled my eyes. "Yeah, because I'm that protective of her." Finally. I was getting my lying skills back.

Without another word I walked out of the kitchen. I cringed once the door closed behind me. Only if she did know that I really was that protective.

I wanted to hit Aiden for this.

Not to sound like a girl complaining about this but he knew about my feelings for her and he honestly does this?

Do all my friends want to go on a date with Alley? Am I the only one without the chance?

No, you don't want the chance. She deserves so much better than you. But Aiden... No, she can do better than him. Being friends with Aiden has showed me all he's done with girls and to think that he could be doing that with her right now.

Well, I wanted to punch him A LOT. I hurried my pace and slammed the car door behind me. It was only when I was in the car that I realised that I had no idea where they were.

My breathing was heavy as I sat there and stared blankly in front of me. What the hell do I do now? Where could they be? A restraint? Cinemas?

A knock on the window caused me to jump and hit the top of my cars roof.

I glared at Oliver and pressed the button down for the window.

"Sam said that you're going to take your mum some clothes." His eyes scanned the back seat. "Where are the clothes?"

I ignored him. "Did Aiden tell you where he was taking Alley?"

"Drive in Cinemas down the road. He took her to see The Dark Night Rises." He frowned. "Why do you care?"

"No reason." I snapped, I started the car and sped down the road. Really? Did he just want my answer so he could go on an date with her too? Isn't it enough that he's already gone out with her?

It wasn't even long till I found the drive in cinemas and parked my car. I immediately got out of the car and walked around.

I had no idea what I was doing here. Preventing anything from happening?

I didn't know. All I knew was that I couldn't stay home and just let this happen.

I sighed and sat down on a hill. The big screen sat in front of me. I'd been walking around for about 30 minutes trying to find Alley but there was no sign of Aiden's car. They could have moved on somewhere else. My fingers kept picking at the grass angrily and throwing it away beside me. How do you make yourself forget that you love someone?

The more I thought about this the more my anger surged. I should be the one taking Alley on her first date.