Chapter Twenty- Seven- Pain Mixed With Blood

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

"Alley please." Hayden grabbed hold of my arm just as I turned. "I know I hurt you but please give me another chance."

I stared at him in disbelief. "How can you expect me to give you another chance?"

Hayden opened his mouth to say something but was interrupted when the door opened. "Alley, your sister wants to go home."

I turned towards Caleb, biting onto my lip.

"Alley, please just let me explain." I closed my eyes for half a second before letting the breath I hadn't even realised I'd been holding go.

"Okay." I breathed, Caleb stared at me intently. "Caleb can you please take Isabelle back to yours? I'll take a taxi or something."

"I'll drop you home." Hayden received a glare from Caleb. "Or not." He muttered.

Caleb looked back towards me, his expression softening slightly. "Are you sure?" There was this look in his eyes that I couldn't place.

"I'm sure." And there it goes, the biggest lie of my life.

He watched me closely before finally nodding. There was an awkward silence as Oliver, Aiden and Sam walked out of the ice cream shop. Isabelle and Anna trailed behind them, not daring to speak.

Caleb was the last to walk towards his car. He gave me another unreadable look before leaving.

Hayden filled the awkward silence. "So is he your boyfriend or something?"

I wish. His voice had a tightened edge to it that made me look away from the retreating car.

Tears were still stinging in my eyes. "Start explaining." I mumbled.

He had a nervous look on his face, and I could tell that he was struggling to form words.

I stared up at him as rain started to lightly pour down on us. "Let's go to my car first." He muttered.

Without another word I silently followed him towards his car while those memories I'd try to bury for years finally resurfaced themselves.

"Please, Alley just go do something." My mum sighed.

I could hear the slight edge to her voice and could tell she was starting to get annoyed. Not good. "Mum." I moaned, grounding my teeth together. "You've destroyed me." I ran my hand through my brown hair that was perfectly straight. "I can't go out looking like this."

"You look beautiful!" She exclaimed.

"Youre my mum aren't you meant to love me conditionally besides what I look like?"

"Honey I just want whats best for you. Just go outside and strut your stuff. You look great."

Oh dear god, did she just tell me to go and strut my stuff?

It was terrible that only a few hours ago she had made me go and get this transformation. Now here I was trying to stay inside...in my comfortable shell. Away from the world. But oh no, she just had to make me so I was so un invisible anymore.

This had to be the worst day of my life.

"If you don't go outside then I'm going to throw you there myself." Just by the look in her eyes I could tell that she was wasn't joking.

I stood up from the couch and grudgingly shut the sliding door behind me. I turned around, about to walk back inside when she locked the door.

Dammit she knew me too well.