Chapter Fourty- Seven- Rule Number One, Never Trust The Devil

CHAPTER FOURTY SEVEN

My eyes stayed on the red light till slowly that small spot disappeared.

He was gone.

My heart sunk inside my chest.

He really is repulsed by the very thought of me wanting to kiss him- not Blake. OH DEAR GOD, I WASTED MY FIRST KISS ON BLAKE!!

I'm such an idiot! RULE NUMBER ONE, NEVER TRUST THE DEVIL.

The impact of two hands slapping together made me cringed with each clap. Next was her high pitched laughter, "Oh wow, he's such a good actor."

I swallowed back my tightened throat, though weakly I turned around. "What are you talking about?"

She smirked. "Caleb knew about your feelings babe. This was his whole idea."

"You're lying!" I screamed, I stormed towards her. "No more lies Mel! I want the truth!"

That smile started again. That bravo I suddenly felt drained away and was replaced with dread. "How long did you really think it would last till he would realise how much you're in love with him?"

"He doesn't-" I took a deep breath. "He's never noticed me that way." I sounded like I was trying to convince myself, not her.

She raised an eyebrow. "You don't think he knows? Your feelings arn't covered babe. I mean really, what did you think? That he would want you?" She shook her head sadly, "Who would really want you?"

"This was just a big game to you." I whispered, my voice shook. "You were pretending to be my friend."

She grinned. "You threw away your real friend hunny. It shows just how much of a real friend you are."

My mouth opened like I was a damn gold fish. "I can't believe this. You played me."

She laughed, "What and you expect me to believe that it was only your friend Samantha who was messing with me? You wanted Caleb all along."

"So did you." I snapped.

She shook her head. "At least he knows I do."

"What are you? Afraid that he'll find out that I do?" Even when I said the words they sounded like a lie.

"You don't believe that." She grinned, "The possibility of him ever wanting you sounds so foreign to you. And so it should, he wont ever want you. He told me so himself."

"You're lying again." I hissed. "Caleb hates you."

"Am I?" She pressed her lips together while giving me a pity look. "Caleb told me that he wanted to drive you away from him. He didn't know what to say to you so he asked for my help. We were in this together Alley. He asked me to get rid of you."

"So you what? Put me in a closet to embarrass me to death?" I snapped.

"Didn't it work?" She grinned.

My eyes landed on the crowd near the building, slowly they were departing back inside. My heart sunk. "I don't care what any of them think."

"Sure you do." She laughed, "You care about what everyone thinks about you." She flipped her hair behind her shoulder carelessly, "Now are you going to move schools? It's what he wanted."

"Funny because that's what I wanted for you." My voice sounded so cold, so detached.

"We can't all get what we want babe." She smirked.

"You're still lying." I whispered.

"Am I?" She raised an eyebrow while still smirking

"Caleb would never do that. I'm his best friend." I sounded even more unsure to myself, "This is just what you do. You make me doubt myself and make me feel like shit." I stood up straighter and stared her in the eye. "But no more. I won't take this anymore Mel."

"If you think that I was trying before Alley then you have another thing coming." She laughed. "You'll be the first one who will want to leave, trust me."

"I'm not giving up on him just because he supposedly hates me." I snapped.

"Really?" She laughed, "Try and talk to him for the next couple of weeks then we'll see who believes who."

"This is just one of your games Mel. I'm not playing anymore."

"You already are." She laughed. "He hates you Alley, get it through your sick head. He doesn't want you."

I felt no shame as my knees buckled from under me, my stomach dropped to the floor. Tears started to fall down my face without meaning to. Slowly, I heard the sound of Mel's laughter ringing in my ears and the sound of her footsteps retreating.

"Feisty tonight aren't you? Anyway what I was trying to say before you so rudely interrupted me." He gave me a look which I ignored, from the corner of my eye I saw him roll his eyes. "You're going to have to kiss me."

I sucked in a breath. "I'm not going to kiss you."

"Melanie isn't stupid, she will know."

I slapped myself on the head with my cheeks heating. "Of course! How could I be so stupid! The only thing you get through this is another girl you can check off your list and brag about!" With every word came a louder shout.

Besides my words, he started grinning. "You're the last on my list, I've kissed every girl in our year besides you."

"That not true." I spat. "You haven't kissed my friend Sam."

He raised his eyebrows. "Samantha? I kissed her last year. I promised I wouldn't tell anyone."

I snapped out of my daze from the past. That date felt like so long ago, when Mel had made out with Blake and we had caught him.

Of course this was just a scheme to Blake. All he wanted was the record to kiss every girl on his stupid list.

And now he has.

I can't believe I fell for it. Why did I possibly think Mel was my friend? I'm an idiot to ever trust her. She wants Caleb and hates me for ever thinking that I could have him.

She's a spoilt brat.

And to believe that Caleb was in it as well? That he would have planned all of this and let Blake do this to me?

He wouldn't. I know he wouldn't.

Even though I knew this to be true I couldn't help but think that yet again, Mel has planted a seed of doubt inside me.

And here it was again, another of her games that have destroyed me. I felt an load of guilt as I stared at Sam's door. There was yelling inside, lots of it.

It was Sam and her mother. They never got along right, that's why Sam always came to mine. She was probably in need of an escape these whole weeks.

I don't know how long I stood on her doorstep till I had the courage to knock. My heart jumped inside my chest at the sound of footsteps. I expected to see Sam's mum but instead a wisp of red greeted me.

Sam turned white when she saw me, she stood shocked.

Everything surfaced from inside me the humiliation, fear, loneliness and betrayal. I did something that I couldn't stop- I bursted into tears.

"I-I'm so sorry." My voice sounded broken. "I'm an idiot. I trusted her and she played me... He even hates me." I whispered, "Please. Please, you can't hate me... please...I'm so sorry!" I bursted out.

That blank look in Sam's face didn't change. Instead she reached out and wrapped her arms around me. I immediately did the same, my whole body shaking as those tears continued.

"I forgive you." Sam whispered. Before it had felt like a piece of my heart was filled when Caleb and I had became friends again before the party, but now it felt like that part of Caleb was torn and this part with Sam was replaced.

My heart was never going to be one.

_________________________________________________

Will Caleb and Alley work it all out? Around 10 more chapters till the end, its getting close!
xoxoxooxoxo over and out, comments and votes would be good :)