Chapter Fifty- Seven- Definitely Worth It

CHAPTER FIFTY SEVEN

Caleb fixed the mask on my face, his fingers brushing against my cheek and leaving an electric spark. "We don't have to go in there you know."

"You're kidding me right?" I smiled. "I am not going to miss out on this opportunity."

Even under his black mask, I could see him roll his eyes. "This is stupid."

I brushed his hair away from his face as my smile widened. "Trust me this will be worth it, to see the look on her face."

He shook his head, then a smile brightened his face. "You look so beautiful."

I looked down at the short puffy pink dress, it looked like Barbie had thrown up on it. Sparkles were scattered in random placed around it while two sparkled straps held it up around my shoulders.

It was like Christmas in my closet since Mrs Conner's had given me those load of clothes. The mask was also pink but in a lighter shade.

Caleb's smile widened. "I have to be the luckiest guy in the world."

I gave him a look, "Or the stupidest."

"To be dating you?" He smirked. "No, just lucky."

My eyes followed up the house, "Why does everything have to be so over the top with her?"

"Because she's an over the top person." He snorted and offered me his arm.

I looped my arm in his. "I have no idea how you even went out with her."

He stopped walking and faced me, "I want you to know this..." I watched as he took a deep breath and stared into my eyes while I frowned. "Alley when I first saw you in the hospital... whatever attraction I fell for in Mel, it started to deteriorate. I noticed the way she was because I noticed how good you were and..." He smiled a breath taking smile. "I realised how I didn't want anything that she could give me, I wanted something perfect. I wanted you."

I grinned and wrapped my arms around his neck. "I swear every time you say something that makes my heart skip a beat, I think I'm about to die."

His lips touched mine with a quick peck, making me want so much more. He grinned, "I love you so much."

I grinned back, "Good, now let's rub it in her face." I dragged Caleb up the stairs with me for a few steps before his arm looped around mine and he was leading me up the stairs.

I was transfixed by the colours as we walked up the fancy white house. Every inch of the house was filled with hanging fairy lights. Inside music blastered from speakers, balloons and streams hung from every inch of the roof and lights flashed.

The room was packed, people rubbing up against each other in a large floor board room. A DJ stood on the side of the room.

"Crap." I muttered. "Are you sure that she won't recognise us?" I had to yell in his ear for him to hear me.

Half of his laugh was drowned out, he leaned towards me. "Cold feet?"

I rolled my eyes and dragged him with me through the house. Outside more fairy lights were scattered on trees and poles. The area was huge. A pool was in the middle where some people were jumping in  fully clothed. People were also seated around a fire laughing together. But it was quieter.

"Where's Sam?" I frowned, rubbing my hands together anxiously. "She said that she was coming."

Caleb's hands wrapped around mine, stopping them from moving. "What's the matter?"

I took a deep breath. "I just realised why I don't mess with Mel..." My eyes stayed on a glowing tree. "It's an endless cycle. She'll get jealous that I'm with you and she'll try and break us up." I frowned. "She has a weird obsession over you."

He grabbed my chin, forcing me to look at him. "You don't need to be scared of her Alley, you won't ever feel like that again." He smiled, "I have it covered."

"What do you mean?" I frowned, something dawned on me then. My eyes widened, "Caleb. What did you do?"

"I'm looking after you Alley. It's my fault that she's around you like this." He suddenly had that hot but annoying smirk. "I mean look at me, it's hard not to see why she's obsessed."

I shook my head , causing him to release my chin. "It's not a joke Caleb. She's crazy. I don't want to see you get hurt."

"I can take care of myself." I opened my mouth but his placed his finger over my lips. "Just don't worry about it OK?"

I sighed as my eyes ran across the room and away from his eyes. "Well, there's someone we might have to worry about."

His eyes met where I was staring. Suddenly, his face heated and his hands shook. I didn't mean anything from the comment. Just for the fact that he was walking towards us. "If he comes over to us, I'm going to have to hit him."

I frowned, "What are you talking about?"

"I told him about how I felt about you, I didn't want to tell you because I thought that you're too good for me." He paused. "Still are. Anyway I asked him if he thought you had any feeling for me and he said no." His jaw clenched. "Even though all of you knew. He just wanted you all to himself."

Aiden was obviously oblivious to Caleb's expression at the moment because he walked right up to us. "I know why you're pissed." Or maybe not, he was just a dumb ass. "And it was stupid. I just wanted her."

"We were best friends Aiden. You don't betray a friend just because you want a girl." Caleb snapped, walking towards him with his fists raised. "You've changed into a real dick."

"Woah." Aiden raised his arms while grinning. "Things just got serious. I'm sorry that I wanted out of the Conner's light. I need to be myself."

"Conner's light?" Caleb raised an eye brow. "What the hell are you on about?"

"All my life everything has been about you. Once I saw how badly Alley was falling for you, I knew that she'd choose you." His eyes met mine. "Bad choice by the way. I could have made you so happy." He exaggerated the word 'so' while grinning. "I knew that if I event wanted a chance I had to play dirty."

"Well, I hope that that one date was great for you Aiden." I rolled my eyes. "'Cause that's all your going to get." I tugged onto Caleb's arm. "Come on."

"No." Caleb shook me off. "I'm not leaving."

"He's not worth it Caleb." I eyed his clenched fists, while getting a bad feeling.

We fell into a few quiet seconds while Caleb stared at Aiden who was smirking like an idiot. He was acting like another Blake. It was disgusting. "You're right." Caleb finally said, "He isn't. I don't even know why I would even bother."

Aiden raised his eye brows while looking like a smart ass. "Listening to your girlfriend? You know I should have just kissed her instead of hesitating and letting her lean away. At least then I would know what type of satisfaction Blake had."

Everything from there on was in slow motion. I watched as Caleb turned back around, his fist raised. Though it wasn't his that hit Aiden.

It was mine.

Aiden fell backwards, the impact making him land on the floor and my fist to start throbbing with pain. He stared up at me blindly, while blood started to flow from his nose. "You know I just realised how much of a dick you really are Aiden. You're disgusting. Stay away from us."

And with that, I grabbed an stunned Caleb and dragged him away. We ended up inside where Caleb wrapped his arm around me while holding onto my other hand. He leaned towards me, "Are you OK?" His thumb rubbed around the turning of black. Ouch. Who knew that hitting someone would be so painful? "That looks like it hurt."

I grinned and wrapped arms around his neck while that hand wrapped around my waste. "It was worth it."

He still looked stunned as he stared at me, "You just hit Aiden."

"Yeah." I shrugged. "You were taking too long." I laughed and looked around. People around us were also slow dancing. The girls were all in colourful dresses with masks while the guys were also wearing masks with suits. "I think that were dancing." My eyes met his, "Is dancing our thing?"

He blinked. "I have a girlfriend who knows how to throw a good punch." He was still staring at me blankly. "A girlfriend who just hit someone and made them bleed."

I wrapped my hand around his cheek. "Are you OK? You seem a little shocked."

Suddenly he grinned, "I have the best girl friend ever."

I winked, "You know it."

He shook his head while his eyes ran around the crowd. His eyes met mine again where that grin widened. Taking one hand off my waste, I watched as he took off his mask and threw it on the floor. "I don't want to hide anymore, I want everyone here to know that I finally know who I am because I'm with the most beautiful girl here."

I smiled, "Who are you Caleb Conner's?"

"Yours."

My breath literally left my lungs at his words and him, he kissed me. I melted into him, not caring who was staring as I tangled my fingers in his hair and pulled him closer towards me.

We were interrupted by a loud, "STOP!"

I glanced towards the voice, a girl in a black dress and mask stood on the small platform of the stage while holding on to a mic. The music instantly stopped.

Mel was staring towards us as she started to storm towards us, "What the hell is this?"

I pulled away from Caleb and walked towards her, facing her. "You thought that you won didn't didn't you?" I ripped the mask off.

A blank look crossed her features. "What!" Her eyes flickered towards Caleb where that expression turned to shock. "But- but you can't end up together... it's not right." She said weakly.

I smiled while shaking my head sadly, "You think that everyone here is yours don't you? News flash Mel, no one here likes you."

The mic was still on, our voices carrying around the speakers as everyone froze and watched this unfold.

Mel laughed and shook her head. "Don't be stupid." She raised her voice even louder. "Everyone here loves me!" She smirked at me while rolling her eyes, "If you don't like me then leave!"

I watched as all colour from her face drained, she ripped off her mask and stared as people started piling out of the room. I tilted my head and smiled, "Look at that. I was right." My eyes locked with hers. "Maybe you shouldn't have asked that. You just gave everyone the opportunity they wanted."

I felt Caleb's hand wrap around mine. "I wouldn't be surprised if the school called up in a couple hours Mel."

She stared at him with wide eyes, "School..?" Her eyes flickered towards me, "Caleb. Don't do this. Not her."

I watched Caleb shake his head, "It's over Mel. Accept it." Caleb dragged me through the crowd towards the door, I didn't look back as we pushed through. Eventually we ended up outside.

I smiled towards him, "So you still don't think that it was a good idea to go?"

He grinned, "I will follow you with anything you want to do women. I trust you."

Sam, Mason and Oliver stood at the end of the departing crowd. Staring around in confusion. We walked towards them.

"I don't get it." Sam frowned. "Why is everyone leaving? What did you guys do?"

Caleb grinned, "What did didn't we do."

Oliver's eyes widened. "Serious?!"

"No!" I smacked Oliver, "Don't be gross! Ow!" I clutched my hand as Caleb softly held it towards him.

"We should get that looked at. You might have sprained it."

Sam was staring at my hand. "WHAT! DID YOU HIT SOMEONE?!"

Oliver shoved Sam on the shoulder. "I told you to hurry up! We missed out on all of the action!"

Caleb lead me towards his car while the rest followed and started asking what happened. When I got up to the part of me hitting Aiden, I couldn't help but notice the satisfied smirk on Caleb's face. It made my own grin form.

There should be a 'best girlfriend' award.

__________________________________________________________

THREE CHAPTERS LEFT!! SAAYY WHAAATT!!
Votes and Comments ! xoxoox love you all !