Chapter Thirty- One- You Deserve Better

CHAPTER THIRTY- ONE

CALEB

His eyes were level with mine, I watched as one his eyebrows slowly raised. I knew what he was thinking- I was going down.

I slowly smirked. "Bring it."

He chuckled. "Whatever you say Conners."

"On the count of three." Aiden called, I felt his eyes dart between us. "One... Two...Three."

My eyes snapped towards the ball, I smacked it towards my side of the court and watched Blake's eye turn down.

I spun around , the ball swiftly landing in one of my teams hands. He didn't move.

I frowned. "What are you doing?" I shouted.

My eyes gazed around the room, everyone was turned towards the door. Blake was smirking, still inside the circle.

My jaw set in an angry line. "What are you doing here Hayes?"

"Isn't it obvious?" He leaned against the door, grinning like an idiot. "I want to be apart of the team."

"Our try outs were months ago. You're too late."

He raised an eyebrow. "I already talked to coach Siesta. She said that she's happy to have me on the team." He shifted his head to the side. "I don't think that you have much say in the matter."

My eyes turned dark and I glared at him. "You're not going being apart of this team Hayes."

He suddenly chuckled and leaned away from the wall and towards me. "I'm the best there is Conners. You need me."

"I really doubt that." I muttered.

"Why don't you want me here?" He asked.

"Because I'll be tempted to hit you again." I snapped.

He raised an eyebrow. "So she told you?"

"Yeah she did and she deserves someone so much better than you Hayes."

He chuckled and stopped in front of me. "You mean like you?"

"No, not me." She can do so much better than me, I added silently in my head. Someone who won't hurt her. "But defiantly not you. Stay away from her Hayes."

"No." He glared. "You don't know her like I do Conners. I never meant to hurt her."

I opened my hands out to Aiden who threw the ball towards me. I caught it and spun it on my finger. "You destroyed your chance when you did. Leave her alone or I'll have to make you."

"Is that a threat?" His lips turned up in a smile.

My voice turned down. "She's my best friend, I don't want you around her."

"You can't help it if she does." He glared.

I laughed sarcastically. "Well right now, she really doesn't."

"You like her don't you?" He smirked. I raised an eyebrow and felt a quick blush on my cheeks.

Huh, that never happened.

"Who's to say that she even wants you?"

"Who's to say that she even wants you?" I retorted.

He smirked. "She always want me."

"Don't be so sure of that." I scoffed.

He chuckled. "Well, why don't we just say that we'll let the best man win."