Chapter Thirty- Five - Stop Hoping And Start Forgetting

CHAPTER THIRTY- FIVE

My eyes were stuck to the screen which were widening with every second, feeling someone's eyes on me, I turned away from the screen.

"What would you do if someone told you that you were accepted into Hogwarts?"

"Technically someone doesn't just 'tell you' you get a letter when you're eleven." I grinned at him. "I sadly didn't get mine."

Caleb raised his eyebrows, his lips stretching into a smile. "You waited for one didn't you? You're so sad."

I shrugged while still grinning and turned back towards the TV. Harry Potter had to be my favourite series. It was only the second day of holidays. From the corner of my eye I could see Caleb sit down beside me. Yesterday's events had been interesting...

Caleb, causing me to answer about my date with Aiden had been unpleasant. I didn't expect him to react the way he did.

Once I gave him a small nod, Caleb had mumbled something to Mason and handed over the keys. After that I watched him walk down the road.

Later on when I had asked Mason what he said, I was told that Caleb said that he needed time to think and was going to walk home.

To say that I was completely and utterly confused would be an understatement. Of course we had arrived home before Caleb. But even when he had arrived home, he went straight to his room and didn't come out. The only explanation I had received was from Mrs Conners who had told me that Caleb wasn't feeling well. I was watching Harry Potter in the lounge room when Caleb surprised me by walking in. It was the first I'd seen him since yesterday.

I bit down on my lip before blurting out. "Are you feeling better?"

Caleb's features turned from startled to confused and finally a blank mask. "I'm better." He muttered.

I frowned at his coldness. "Caleb." Slowly his eyes tore away from the screen and met him. "Are you OK?"

"I just didn't expect..." He sighed. "I didn't expect you to say yes to Aiden."

"Oh." I mumbled, my eyes trailed behind him.

"Alley?" I heard him give a loud swallow, as if he was nervous about something. I nearly laughed at the thought of Caleb ever being nervous. "Why are you going on an date with Aiden?"

I licked my lips and met his eyes. Because I'm tired of knowing that I can never have you. That you will never be interested in someone like me. Instead I answered with, "I don't know."

There was a short silence where Caleb suddenly held onto my hand. "Alley... There's something I have to tell you..." There were two things I noticed in that moment. A genuine nervous look on his face, a look that took me by surprise and... The door opening.

Caleb jumped away from me. Our hands torn away immediately. Sam slammed the door closed and ran up the stairs. She stopped when she saw us though and gave an confused frown. "Alley! Come on! You have to get ready!"

I watched her fly up the stairs. Was it really time?

It couldn't be right? My heart started to hammer.

I stood up and sighed while giving Caleb an sheepish look. "I'm sorry I have to go." I was starting to feel my own nerves as I walked up the stairs. But why did Caleb look so nervous and why did he hold my hand like that? Shut up Alley, you're already reading into this too much. I need to stop hoping and start forgetting. But I stopped anyway, "Caleb what did you want to tell me?"