Chapter Thirteen- You Can't Fool Me

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

"Caleb! Wait!" Melanie screamed after Caleb. "It's not what you think!"

Oh, yeah right. Caleb stormed down the hallway and towards the exit, I watched as she chased after him before turning my attention towards Blake. I gave him a disgusted look.

He smirked and I glared at him before turning to leave myself.

There was no way that I was going to be taking a lift with that asshole. How dare he do that? There was no way that Mel was going to ever leave me alone now.

"Hello?" Sam answered on the first ring. "Alley what's happened?"

"Code red." I said. "You won't believe what just happened."

"Where are you? Do you need me to pick you up?" I told her the street I was on and it wasn't ten minutes before her car pulled up on the curb.

"Get in loser! We're going shopping!" she yelled out the window the same time I got in. "Sorry, I was just watching mean girls."

I laughed and relaxed into my seat. "Mel cheated on Caleb." The car screeched to a holt and I was flung towards the dashboard, the seat belt tightened and I crashed back against my seat. "What the-"

Sam turned to me. "She what!

"Sam! You could have killed me!" I screamed.

She rolled her eyes and smoothly started the car. "So I suppose it was Blake's handy job?"

"I told him I wouldn't kiss him, I think he was determined to make someone kiss him tonight."

"Gross."

"I know."

"How did Caleb react?"

"He stormed out of there with Mel running after him."

She pulled up at my house. "So I suppose that you can't stay at mine tonight then, hey? You still have your shopping date with Melanie tomorrow."

I bit my lip. "Maybe luck will strike and I won't have to go."

"I can't believe that you gave her your number." I shrugged and Sam gave me a suspicious look. "Why aren't you upset about this? He's your best friend."

A grin formed my lips as I looked over at her. "Because Sam, I don't think that were going to have to do anything. Mel seems pretty able to screw things up without our help."

That night I couldn't sleep. My thoughts kept running back to Caleb, I sighed. Grabbing my phone I texted him.

'Are you Ok?' That was a stupid queston; if your girlfriend cheated on you then you wouldn't be OK. But I didn't know what else to write. The reply was almost instant.

'I'm fine. I'll tell you tomorrow.'

I frowned and chucked my phone on the floor. I buried my face in my blanket, how could he be fine? I shook my head; he must be trying to act all tough. Boys are stupid.

hey ba bum ba eh ba bum.... I'd fight for you. I dropped to the floor, reaching for my phone and stopping the song 'Fight for You' by Jason Derulo.

"Caleb?" I grumbled. I laid on my floor with my blankets wrapped around me like a cocoon.

"Is that how you always answer your phone?" I sat and looked down at the caller ID. Shit. "Hello?" I could practically feel her smirking.

"What do you want Mel?" I said. I couldn't help but smile at my tone, my voice sounded tougher than I expected.