Chapter Eight- This Means War

CHAPTER EIGHT

I slammed my locker for the last time today and piled the books I had into my black backpack.

"Whoa." Sam said, "I'm sensing some deep dark energy."

"You mean anger?" I grumbled. "Yeah there's a lot of that."

She gave me a look and piled her books into her own bag, "Come on we'll go back to mine and I'll give you the best therapy after a bad day - chocolate."

I didn't say anything but followed her back to her car. Sam turned up the music on the way, Colbie Calliat's 'Fallin For You' blasting through the speakers.

Great.

By the time we pulled up at Sam's I was almost in tears, Sam rushed me inside quickly saying a hello to her mum before running up the stairs and pushing me down onto her bed. She went back out of her room and came back with chocolate and after school snacks.

I munched on them quietly as she sat next to me on her bed. Even though I felt dead inside, a part of me warmed at how Sam was always there for me.

Mason walked in and paused. "Whoa who died?"

"That's what I was about to ask her." Sam rolled her eyes and looked at me.

We were both seated with our legs crossed in the middle her bed, facing each other. Mason climbed over us and sat between us.

They both expectantly stared at me, I sighed. "Caleb has a girlfriend."

"He what!" Sam exclaimed.

"So?" Mason said, they said this at the same time.

I couldn't help a little smile when Sam slapped him upside the head. "Idiot!"

"What!" He yelled. "I don't get it! Alley said that they were friends!"

"I take it back." Sam rolled her eyes. "You're not gay. A gay guy would know why his best friend was upset."

"I told you I'm not gay." He grumbled. "And what does that have anything to do with it? What am I mean to know?"

Sam looked at me and I nodded slightly. "Alley has feelings for him you idiot."

"Huh." Masons bottom lip juttared out and he gave me a puppy dog expression. "You told her before me?"

"No, she guessed." I smiled slightly.

"Oh." He turned his attention to Sam. "How did you know?"

She rolled his eyes. "All girls know these things, it's like a sense."

"Does this work for guys as well?" His expression became frightened.

Sam looked at him confused and his expression changed blank. "Huh?"

"Can you tell when a guy likes you?"

Sam didn't seem to hear him, she looked at me. "So who's his girlfriend?"

I looked uncertainly between Mason and her. Did Mason have feelings for her? "Melanie Casio."

Sam fell of the bed.

Mason and I both yelped at the same time before she sat up and stared at me, her expression shocked. "Her!"

"Yeah, her."

"Well I officially hate her."

I rolled my eyes. "You hated her before this."

"No, I disliked her before." She raised her eyebrows at me. "Come on what did she say to you?"