Chapter Thirty- Eight - Alley + Caleb = BFF

CHAPTER THIRTY- EIGHT

I squinted up at the sun and closed my eyes briefly. Rays of colours covered my sight when I squeezed them shut. I sighed and shifted closer towards the shade.

Feeling someone's eyes on me, I popped an eye open. Green eyes stared down at me. I frowned when he didn't say anything.

Was he upset because of what I did?

My mind flashed to the lake.

I gave a large gasp of air when my head reached the surface of the water. I grinned and stared at my friends. "Well, what are you waiting for?"

The guys all grinned. Expect Caleb.

He was frowning and staring at me. Staring at me like I was someone else. Sam said something to him as the rest of the guys took off there tops and jumped into the water. Why do guys have it so easy? There able to just wear board shorts and jump in the water while girls usually have to just put on an bikini.

Well, except me I guess. I didn't exactly do that.

I received a splash of water in my face, my smirk widening at Mason when I tried to dunk him. My laughter was loud enough to hear a mile away.

My eyes ran around the lake- Oliver and Aiden were trying to race. I watched Aiden come in first by an inch.

"Oi hot stuff!" Aiden yelled after his head re surfaced. "Wanna race?"

It took me a few seconds to realise that he was speaking to me. "Hot stuff?" I frowned.

"Those black bra and panties are soo hot." His eyes sparked. "Can't wait till you get out of the water."

"It's black not white." I snapped and splashed water in his direction.

He gave an annoying shrug while his smile widened. "Maybe you weren't as innocent as I thought."

I rolled my eyes, they landed on Caleb. He and Sam were sitting on the board walk talking. I ignored Aiden and swam towards them. Caleb instantly shut up when he saw me. He stayed silent.

"Hey." Sam grinned. "What are you doing?"

I hoisted myself up and sat next to her. "I'm gonna go tan. Wanna come?"

She shook her head and I watched her eyes briefly land on Caleb. What are they talking about? "Nah, I'll stay here."

I shrugged. "Suit yourself." I sat up and started to walk down the long board walk. Well, it felt long.

You know when you can feel people staring at you, your footsteps get all wonky and you can't walk in a straight line? Yeah I was doing that.

"Oi hot stuff!" I turned around and wished I hadn't. "I've decided that you really aren't innocent... or maybe you were just trying to impress someone." Aiden winked.

My face started to heat when a wave of embarrassment consumed me. Was that what I was doing? What the heck am I even doing? I'm in my bra and undies! "Never for you Aiden." I shot back before walking away. Though my eyes landed on Caleb. He was still staring, his face a blank mask. I hated that look. I never knew what he was thinking.

Like now.

I snapped in the present and continued to stare at Caleb.

I watched as he silently sat down beside me. I closed my eyes again when he continued to not speak. Finally, he spoke. "Are you going to put some clothes on?"

"Don't you like my body?" My eyes snapped open as soon as I realised what I just said. My cheeks heated and I quickly sat up. "I didn't mean-" I stopped mid sentence.