WAR

Ganther Uries Neric Asuncion's Point of view

When I open my eyes a white ceiling greeted me. I'm sure I am at the infirmary right now. My body is heavy, even my breath isn't normal. I slowly seated down to the clinic bed where I'm lying. My attention went to a tray full of food on the table. I saw a note on it. I grab it and read. 

"Eat. Make sure you'll finish it. You still going to pay for letting someone hurt you. I'm the one who should make you suffer. Only me.

-Onyx

I clutch my chest. What's wrong?. Why my heart is pounding?. I shrug my head and focus on the note that I'm holding I put it in my pocket and start eating the food.  The door opened exactly when I am done eating. The nurse comes in. She smiled at me as she saw me.

"You're already good to go, Mr. Asuncion. But before that, I need to know why you didn't put on your medical record that you have Nyctophobia?." I stare at her. 

"I don't have Nyctopbia." Her forehead creased.

"What do you mean?. You collapsed on darkness--." I cut her off.

"I didn't pass out because of darkness. It because of silence. Sedatephobia." I saw how her face wrinkled in question. I smile at her. Slowly I went to her. When I'm in front of her. I cupped her cheeks I hold her tightly. She tried to push me away but I'm stronger than her.

"I don't hate darkness. That's my best friend but I do hate silence. Silence is too loud and I am not fond of it. Keep this our little secret... or else." I move my lips next to her ears and continued my words. "The whole university will know what kind of demon you are hiding here." A terrified expression showed on her face. She looked like a paper right now, because of her pale face. She's shivering and tears are about to escape but she didn't let it. Feisty. Trying to be brave.

"H-how?." Her voice was cracking.

"You don't need to know. You are not part of the game. You are just a mere extra on it. So do what I'm saying. I'm not someone you'll want to mess up."

"Do you understand, missy?." Without a second thought, she nodded. I let her go. I left her inside the clinic like nothing happened. I checked the time it's 5:55 pm in the afternoon. I still have a class to attend. While walking to the hallway I didn't see any student. Normally, time like this there's bunches of students walking around. I grab my phone and to text Kit but to my surprised, I have already unread messages from Kit.

Today 1:15 PM

From: Pawn

Where are you? Where did they bring you?

Today 1:30 PM

From: Pawn

Hey!!?

Today 1:40 PM

From: Pawn

Ganther!!

Today 1:55 PM

From: Pawn

It's already class!

Today 2:00 PM

From: Pawn

Onyx is here! He's looking for you. He punched me!.

Today 2:30 PM

From: Pawn

Hey!

Today 3:30 PM

From: Pawn

The class is canceled. There's something that happened.  Students are not allowed to wander for a while. Someone was killed.

I stared at the last message that Kit sent to me. My side lip tilt. I continue walking until I reached the locker room. I hide right away when I saw a commotion inside.  From where I am hiding, I can smell the blood around the locker area. Onyx and others are there too. The council is complete. Even the headmaster is present. There are also men in suits. Base on their aura they are Leighton's men. Their faces screamed confusion. My eyes turned to the lifeless body that covered with blood. It has a hole in his head that indicated that it was shot in the head. His body parts are scattered inside of the locker room. There are words engraved on the face of that lifeless boy. 

'Hide. Seek. Die. Leighton Heirs.'

"F*CK!." Onyx snarled. His jaw is clenching. He's gritting his teeth. Madilim ang aura nito. Even Orion has the same expression. 

"I THOUGHT THOSE THREATS ARE JUST F*CKING PRANK!." Orion snapped. other's almost jump because of his anger. 

"They are messing with us. And they dare to enter inside my territory. And they declared war." His baritone voice was cold. Cold than before. His voice has a hint of danger. His fists are clenching.  Even though calmness can see in his face, everyone can feel how mad he is. And it's dangerous. Indeed Onyx is a vicious piece that I have on my chessboard.

"It seems that the true show is about to start." I hummed beneath my breath. I can feel the smirk slowly creeping to my lips. Seeing them frustrated, frighten, and angry makes me feel so satisfied.

"The white pieces are now moving, Onyx you need to move too, as the king of the black pieces." I stayed for minutes to observed. Until Onyx asked his men, and the headmaster to leave.  Ilang minuto 'ko silang inobserbahan. Only him, his friends, and his twin left to the area.  I turned my back.  I'm about to take a step when my phone vibrated.

Today 6:30 PM

KING:

I know that you are hiding. Get out.

I don't have any choice but to get out. I made sure that I'm looked nervous. I let out a deep sigh. And come out to the corner where I am hiding. They immediately saw me. I acted like I'm trembling as I saw the body. I even swallow many times to make them believe that I'm scared. 

"You look stupid." Bry suddenly said. They laughed at me. I flinched when Tyren wraps his arm around my shoulder.

"Bry, don't be so rude to our little bean."

"Are you okay, Ganther?. I heard what happened." Orion asked. His furious expression a while ago was gone. He is calm and even smiling.

"Y-yeah." I replied. Someone pulled me away from Tyren's grip. His strong arm snaked to my waist.

"You already enjoying, Tyren's touch." He coldly said. I looked up at him. As eyes met I feel another wave of stranger feeling inside, that's why I averted my gaze away from him.

"Hey, Onyx where the two of you going?." I heard Alex asked. When Onyx suddenly walks away from them and still holding me. He didn't answer. He just 'tch' on them.

I am not familiar with the way we are walking until we stop in from of a door. He kicked the door to open. He dragged me inside. It's an abandoned room. Far from the main building. It's hideous from other students and staff.

"Are you okay?." His voice was gentle. What are you playing Onyx?.

"Huh?." He gives me a dagger look.

"I'm asking you!. Are you okay?." I nodded. I gasped as he pinned me on the wall. He held my shoulder carelessly. It's hurt. His nails are wounding my flesh.

"Listen to me, Ganther. No one should harm you without my consent. I'm your master. Don't let them hurt you. I don't want to see you again almost lifeless. It's hurting my ego. Ako ang dapat gumagawa no'n." He hissed. I don't know what got in me but I just found myself asking a question.

"Why are so mad at me, Onyx?. Did I do something for you to be mad at me like this?." I don't know why my voice was so soft and sounds like hurting?. He didn't answer. I smiled at him. And slowly pushed him away from me.

"I really appreciate your help. But I really don't understand why are so eager to make my life living hell. You are just the same to them." I turned my back to him and left him shock and I don't know why.