The Game

Ganther Uries Neric Asuncion's Point of View

"GANTHER URIES NERIC ASUNCION!!!" I woke up because of the loud voice coming from outside my dorm. I checked the time. It's just 9 am in morning. I took a deep sigh and stood up to open the door.

"Kit, it's too early to wake me up..." I lazily said. I even yawned in front of him. He scratched his neck a lot before leering at me and then entered inside my room. 

"What's wrong?." I asked him. I can see his uneasy aura. His eyes were filled with worries.

"G-ganther, Don't attend in the ball later." My forehead creased and look at him.

"Why?. I'm scared that you might involve. They are so eager to bring down the Leighton empire. They'll not hesitate to kill people who might block their way."

"You are one of them right?. One of the people who want them down. Everything was planned. You and Slade are already a couple outside of this university and you are part of those people who killed those Leighton's men. And the plan was, the moment that Slade transfer here the war will start right?. It hasn't started yet but all of you are calculated everything.." He averted his gaze. "So, you are really choosing the other side. Not those people that did everything to you. Onyx's family is the one who's supporting you, in your education. Isn't it? You said you are indebted to their family?." I even sounded curious. Tears escaped to his eyes. I see nothing but anger in his. 

"L-leighton empire is sick. They're the ones who killed my parents. And adopted us. At first, I don't have any idea. I thought they really did save us. But it turns out that they are just manipulating us. Using us. They're f*cking evil." I smirked at him. I don't know what's in my smirk all of them were stunned as they saw the real me.

"Do want makes you happy, Kit. Don't mind me. I'm not going to block your way. I don't care" I make sure it is some like a matter of fact.

"You are my friend, Ganther. I care for you. You'll be stuck in between. Onyx and you are close." I chuckled. And walk towards my chessboard. I took a white pawn and handed it to Kit. He looked at me full of astonishment.

"It's you. I'm sorry for bursting your bubbles but, Kit you are just one of my toys. Since we met you. I just saw you as one of my pawns." Pain crossed his eyes but he smiled.

"Ganther, one day... you'll acknowledge me as your friend too. Not a piece of a pawn in a chessboard because I feel it. You are just not aware of your own emotions-." I laughed as I heard that.

"Emotions?. Kit the emotions that you are saying are already buried along with my past. This is me, everyone is just my toy." I don't know how long we stared at each other. The last thing I knew Kit left me with a disappointed gaze. I don't know why my smile slowly vanish as I heard the door closed.

"Ganther, do you have a date later?." Alex asked me. I was at the Cafeteria with them. Slade and Kit are nowhere to find.

"None, is that necessary?." I innocently asked. They laughed. Onyx ruffled my hair and pinched my cheeks.

"I'm sure he doesn't have, no one wants to date someone who looks like a child." They laughed even more at what Onyx said. I can't help but look at them one by one. The bond that they have is something everyone will envy off but behind the mask of that friendship that they have, are the monsters that are going to destroy each other too.

I look at myself in the mirror. I'm wearing a tux color red wine, which is the color of the night. My hair is still dyed with red. I looked at the time it's already 7:45 pm and the program is starting already. I grimace first in the mirror before turning around and going to the big hall where the ball was being held.

Even from a far, I can hear that music that playing inside the hall. As I entered. Some of them took glances at me but I didn't mind. I roamed my eyes to look for them. As I spotted them. Onyx raised his arm. I went near to them. They handed me a drink. I stared at Onyx for a long time. He's wearing a tux too, but he looks like, bad boy. His hair is messy. The three buttons of his white polo shirt under his tux are open. His necktie isn't fixed too but he looks so nice. I shifted my gaze away. My eyes bore on the couple. I almost grinned when I saw see Misha at the table. Orion is holding her waist. Like someone will steal his girl. But someone already did.

"You look handsome tonight, little bean..." Onyx whispered to me. He's sitting beside me. 

I shyly smiled. "T-thank you, you too." It winked at me.

"I know, you don't need to remind me." He winked again.

"Stop that, Onyx. Ganther might puke because of your wink." Alex mocked.

"Ganther, you look playboy on your get up," Orion said. I chuckled at his statement. And because of that, I received a glare from my little sister.

"I am just going to the Comfort room" I informed them. They nodded. Before I could even get into CR someone blocked my way. It's Eivan, one of my classmates.

"Ganther, Kit wants me to give this to you." He handed a folded paper.

"Thank you." I was about to walk pass at him when he blocked me once again.   

"Why?." He grabbed something on his tux.

"Kit, also tell me to give it to you. And he said I should warn you. I don't know why I need to warn you. But it seemed you know something. And I trust them that you are not a threat to our plans." He stared at me for a few seconds before speaking again. "You need to stay away from Onyx's group. We'll attack by no time. If you don't want to be involved stay away." With that, he put a dagger on my palm. And left me. I smirked. I don't what I'm going to do with Kit. I open the paper.

'Keep safe.' Inevitably smile at what I've read. Kit never fails to amaze me. I crumpled the paper and throw it in the trash bin.

I hide the dagger in my tux. And go back to our table but before I was able to reach our table the lights turn off. I clearly heard the gasps and shouts of my co-students. They're panicking.

"Don't move or else, you'll die." A shivering voice from the speakers makes everyone shivered in fear. I couldn't help but sneer. They are starting. The voice is sounded like a robot but I know it's a man.

"We will be going to play..." It laughed. The voice is so deep and cold. "Kill the kings of this hell. The Leighton's twin and others."  He cackled again. I can hear the cries of others because they're frightened. Pathetic. Cowards.

"But if you can't kill them. Just choose. Kill yourself or kill someone." Suddenly a timer appeared on the big screen of the hall,l it's not moving. The timer is set from 9 pm to 5:59 am. "As the clock starts ticking our game will start. And the game will be called. Bloody time. survival is the fittest.-." A long bang from outside roared. The speaker laughed again.

"Oops, someone's tried to escape. But sad to say the whole university is under my control. The gates are locked and no one can open it not until the kings are already breathless. This game will just stop if they're gone. Yes, as long as they're breathing no one can go out in this university. But because I am kind. You still have freedom. Do you know the film series? The Purge?." No one dares to answer.

"No one allowed to kill every 6 am until 8:59 pm. We will call it angel's time. In that hours you can still live normally. You'll still study. Besides it's that's the purpose of this school. Bonding with others. But when the clock strikes exactly 9 pm the game is on. 9 pm until 5:59 am will be called devil's time. It'll be over exactly 6 am in the morning. If someone tried to kill at angel's time you'll die and even your family outside will die. Mark my words. I'm not joking." Everyone turned silent again. I don't know how long the silence enveloped the whole hall. My hands start shaking. My sweats are rolling down from my forehead. I shut my eyes off to calm myself until he spoke again.

"If you are brave enough. Look for me. And kill me... Find me Onyx and Orion." After saying that the timer on the screen starts ticking and the next thing I knew everyone is running for their lives.