The Art of Manipulation

Ganther Uries Neric Asuncion's Point of View

I can hear their footsteps, their shouts that out of pain. Everyone went mad. Everything is in chaos. But instead of being scared. I'm laughing so hard as if their screams are funny. I have never been excited like this. Never. Just now. I don't know many times other students bumped me while running. 

I licked my lips pulled out my dagger. Maybe it's not bad to play along right?. It was dark around but I could feel the people around me. This is why I love darkness. Darkness is my advantage. My saving grace. I chuckled as I grip my dagger tightly. I don't have any plan to kill my pieces. And killing isn't my thing. Maybe controlling. Dahan-dahan akong lumayo sa hall. Until I reached into the cafeteria. My shoes are the only thing that can be heard in the hallway. I stop walking when I saw one of my classmates running in my direction. Even it's dark I can see how terrified he is.  He bumps me which makes us fell down to the ground. 

"F*CK!." I heard him curse. It's Dennis Espada.

"Hey, Dennis." I know that he recognized me. I can also feel he suddenly calms down.

"Ganther?." I help him to get up. 

"Yes, it's me. Why are you running?." I innocently asked. He heaved a sigh.

"Someone's chasing me." He said. We hide immediately as we heard running steps.

"That's the one who's chasing me," Dennis whispered to me. I look to the one who's running and it's Slade. He didn't notice us and until he gets away. 

"It's our classmate. Renato. He's your friend right?. Why he is chasing you?." I lied. He swears again. He didn't see that it's was Slade because there's no light at all. 

"Are you sure?." He asked. 

"Yes, he's holding a dagger. He looks so mad why?." Another bad word came from him.

"He said it's okay. He's not mad. He is lying to me." Anger is evident in his voice

" You are his best friend right?. What makes him angry to you?."

"It's none of your business." I took a deep sighed acted like I care.

"I-i'm sorry." I took his hand and placed the dagger in his palm.

"You see, he wants you to die, if I were you kill him first so that he will not succeed in his plan killing you. The person like him isn't a friend. He made you believe everything was okay but look what's happening right now. He is ready to stab you at your back. It's scary." His hands were shaking as he accepted the dagger. 

"You are right. I don't want to die. I'll not let him." He stood up and go out to the corner where hiding. And without any word he left me. I shrugged he's a weak one. I just easily ruined his mind and manipulate him to believe something isn't true. This is what I want about manipulation. Everyone is in your hand. You can control them. I left my hiding place and walked silently.

"AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH." My lips formed a smile as I heard that familiar sound. I slowly went to the place where the scream came from and there I saw Renato lying at the cold floor with blood gushing in his throat. Dennis and Cris, short for Cristobal.

"F*ck man, why did you kill him?." Cris hissed. Dennis laughed without humor. "I just did what he wants to do to me. He wants me dead. He's still mad at m-." He stops from talking when Cris yelled at him furiously.

"WHAT THE F*CK MAN?. WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?. HE'S NOT MAD-." He didn't continue his sentence because Dennis slit his throat too. There's no remorse in his face while looking at his friends lying on the floor while their blood is spreading around.