Diamonds

'We are diamonds and we are shining...'

Ganther Uries Neric Asuncion's Point of View

"What do you want?." He asked while looking at me.  I walk closer to him. I saw how he swallowed hard. I stop in front of me. He was stunned. I pulled out the knight piece in my pocket and placed it in his palm. The piece that represents him.

"W-what this is, Ganther?." He looked at me with confusion. I just give him a grin.

"Hold your own piece." I casually said. "You are now out in my grasp. I'll let you decide your own side. Where piece board-."

"WE ARE NOT F*CKING CHESS PIECES, ASSH*LE!!!!!." He yelled at me. He was vivid. I scoffed.

"You're not?. Then why are you moving accord in them." I'm not shocked at all when he pulled my collar.

"Ganther, you don't know what story behind all of us. Those toys that you are referring are human. They have emotions. We are all in pain, doubts frustration. S-sometimes I just wish that we didn't born like this. I want to run but where?. I want to escape but how?. Those questions are killing me inside." He harshly let go of me. He throws the chess piece to the floor and steps on it but it didn't break at all. Because it's not an ordinary crystal. Tyren picked the piece and stared at it.

"D-diamond..." He mumbled. He gazed at me.  "Gather, w-why?..." I bravely met his eyes.

"All of my pieces are made from diamonds do you know why?. Because I do believe humans are like diamonds." I get something in my pocket again. It shined even it's dark. It has the number 1 engraved on it. 

"Y-you are controlling other lives not to destroy t-them... Y-you played t-their life because you want to f--." I cut him off.

"Maybe yes or no, but it doesn't matter. Here..." I gave it to him.

"W-what is this-."

"Tyren, when the final stage of this game is already happening. I want you to choose... Freedom or Stupidity."

"G-ganther..."

"Freedom. Choose to leave this place than waving a war because of nonsense reasons. Stupidity if you didn't listen to me. Be stupid and let them treat you like a dog with a leash. I'm giving you your piece to move freely. When I say freedom isn't not just leaving this place and run away but letting yourself decide on what you want. This game is played by all and all the players should have the right to choose. "  I turned my back to him but when I remembered something I faced him again.

"Onyx was hurt. And still hurting. He cried and he can't accept the fact that his friends are betraying him. He might look tough in all of you but he needs care, he needs someone who'll stay by his side. He might the so-called king in this palace he cannot be called king if no one is behind him. This is not just Onyx enemy it's all of you..." After saying those I left him.

"4 more..." I whispered. I came back to my room. As my foot set inside my room. My tears start streaming again. But my side lip lopsided grin.

"I'm getting numb again..."

Onyx Ollivader Faiz Leighton's Point of View

"Do you really fall for him..." A statement came from Misha. I didn't even take a glance at her. I just continue looking dull in distance.

"So what?." I coldly asked. I heard her sobs.

"I thought you love me?. Babe, you see the true him. That sinister smirk and aura that's the true Ganther. He's a monster." An image of Ganther flashed to my head. The way his aura becomes dangerous. It's different from the usual Ganther I saw before. His innocent aura was gone the moment his eyes turned into lifeless ones. He's playing with me?. I felt again the chills that I felt when I met his lifeless eyes. It's so cold that everyone who could see it will shiver in fear. That's not my innocent baby. It's a monster like me but he is much more terrifying than me.

I came back to reality when I felt Misha's lips on me. I pushed her away. I saw the pain engrossed in hers. 

"I love you, Onyx..." I just give her a cold gaze.

"I just agreed on your proposal because I want Ganther to be safe. And you are right. If I stayed at his side, he might be in danger. I love him and if leaving him will make him save then I'll do it. Tulad ng usapan natin. You'll stay beside me. Make everyone thought that you're the one I treasure." I left after uttering those words. I left her shedding tears

I went back to my room. I tried to wipe away my tears.  I don't have any right to cry because I'm the one who let this thing happened. I don't know why I am crying. It is because I hurt Ganter?. I suddenly chuckled. Did Ganther is really hurt?. Or the thought that Ganther is really just playing all along?.

"What is a lie?. And what is true?." In the end, I just let my eyes shed. Did I just lose another person that makes me want to stay alive? My mind is in chaos. I don't know where I'm going to believe. But one thing that mark in my head is. I let him go to make him safe. Misha's right, he'll be the target if I stayed beside him. This game is getting to my nerves. I'll end it. I'll be the one who'll win this. I snapped back to my senses when someone knocked on my door. I wiped my tears and stood up lifelessly and opened it.

"O-onyx..."

"Tyren..." My eyes grew big. When he kneels down and cry all of the sudden.

"Hey, what's wrong?." I asked him.

"I-i betrayed. I'm one of them, Onyx. I'm one of those traitors on your side. I'm sorry. I-." My fist immediately landed on his face after saying that. He fell to the floor. I pulled his collar.  He just let me. I punched him until I feel tired. When I'm done. I was panting. I sat down on the floor. His face is filled with his own blood right now. The corners of my eyes were burning indicating I wanted to cry again. My chest was heavy. Because at first, I have a confrontation with Ganther and now?. This. Tyren one of my best friends being a traitor. I can see the remorse in his eyes.

"I trusted you..." He bows down his head and kneels again. He nodded slowly.

"I-i know. B-but believes me. Everything I saw and acts towards you and towards others, it's true." 

"Why are you now kneeling in front of me?. Why did you reveal yourself?." He cried harder.

"Because someone said, I should pick between freedom and stupidity. And here I am choosing freedom. Not freedom in this place but freedom to the leash that restraining me to choose my best friend."

"Ever since we meet are you on another side?." I asked but now my voice was calm.

"Y-yes, they let me be friends with you to gain your trust until the true plan begin. And it's to bring your empire down. B-but Onyx believe me. I feel belong to all of you. That's the only place I feel I belong. That I'm not a puppet or a piece of the chess piece that manipulated by other's desires." His hand is trembling when he pulled out a knight chess piece in his pocket. It was made in crystal or diamond. 

"O-onyx, I'm a diamond. All of us are diamonds. Our lives are worth it like a diamond. We cannot just waste it in a stupid game of greed. Our breath shouldn't fade away like what happening here. Every day I feel so ashamed because of the people we killed just to make them satisfied. We are not just a player inside. We are the fighter. I'm willing to face the consequences of my action. If you want to kill me right now. I'll accept it." I can feel his sincerity. Hearing those words is refreshing. Diamond... No one tells me that word will give me encouragement to save many lives. No one deserves to die just because of power.

"I'll forgive you, Tyren but tell me who's behind this f*cking game?. And the other traitor in our group?." I asked. I saw how was he's stunned. He avoided my gaze and the name that he said makes me broke my heart more.

"Your twin... Orion is your real enemy, Onyx..."