One of them

Ganther Uries Neric Asuncion's point of view

Friendship is a thing easier to build but hardest to keep. I grew up without friends or what. I grew up inside the four corners of my room. For me, the word friendship is nothing, because it's will be one and they'll not going to stay in our life. Having a friend is more like having a weakness. They'll earn your trust but in the end, they'll be out of the picture in your life. Leaving you shattered and betrayed leads you to your weakest form.

"So, we're friends?." I mumbled while looking at the black chess that I am holding. A beam plastered to my lips.

"What kind of game are you playing with me, Onyx?. Keeping me close means more danger aren't right?." I'm not stupid. But I'll play with him. I'll find out what kind of tricks he wants to perform to get rid of me. For the sake of Misha. I put down the chess king that I'm holding. I grabbed the queen. Misha's smirk appeared in my head all of the sudden.

"You'll enter in my stage, Misha. You'll play along with those people. While me?. I will secretly be laughing while controlling each one of you."

I woke as the ray of the sun raised to me. Another day. Another day playing with them. I did my morning things before going out. Outside Kit, and Slade is waiting for me.

"At last, Ganther. Let's go I'm hungry." Kit excitedly voiced out. Slade chuckled and disheveled Kit's hair. I noticed Kit's ear suddenly turn red.

"Hey!, Ganther let's go to the cafeteria." I snapped back. I just nod and follow them. My forehead creased as I saw the others students acting strange. They should be glaring at me. They should be throwing me anything right now like they used to do. But now?. They are didn't even look at me. As if I'm just an air.

When we arrived at the cafeteria. They still don't pay any attention to us. No one even taking a glance at me-at us.

"It's weird, you should have bruises by now. They should be bullying you right now." Kit said as we sat at the table at the corner of the cafeteria.

I took a deep sigh. "Maybe because Onyx and I are now friends"

I and Slade were shocked when Kit stood up and yelled. "WHAT?!" He yelled.  All the attention drew to us because of that. 

I let out a chuckle and pulled Kit down to his seat. " Onyx and I-." I was cut off when a voice from my behind spoke.

"We are now okay." I turned my head behind to look at who spoke. It's Onyx with others. He's smiling while saying that.

"Can we sit with all of you?." He asked.

I nodded at them. "S-sure." I answered. They sat down. Onyx sat beside me. I just started eating. Kit, Slade, Alex, Tyren, and even Orion start talking to each other. The way they talked as if they hadn't bullied Kit before. They're talking about random things.

"Dang!. I should talk to you before nerdy kit. Tss." Tyren hissed the others agreed to him.

Alex hugged Kit suddenly. "You are f*cking entertaining.  I thought that mouth of yours just babbling about academic stuff only." Everyone laughed. 

I turned to Orion when he pokes my arm. "W-why?." I adjust my eyeglass. 

"I am glad that, my twin and you are now okay." I nodded.

"Ganther." I turned to Onyx he's still smiling. His aura is very different compare to the Onyx I met before. He about to speak when cold water splashed on my face.

"Oopps, sorry I didn't see you." Misha acted like she's in panic while saying that. I pushed her away from me gently and weakly.

"Misha!." Orion and Onyx both almost yelled.

Misha raised her eyebrow as she looked at the twin. "I-i didn't mean to-."

"You did it intentionally, Ms. Misha. I saw you." Kit said. Misha grinned then took a step forward to Kit. His face becomes pale. Slade hides Kit behind him that makes Misha grin more. 

"You're so brave tsk tsk-."

"Babe, stop it." Orion pulled Misha to his side.

"What's wrong with all of you?. Why are you sitting with these losers?. Talking and laughing with them?." She hissed. Her voice roared to the whole cafeteria. And all the students are now looking. She's making a scene. What a pathetic move. Onyx stood up and face her.

"Stop it, Misha.  We're okay now. And I want him and his friends to be part of our group." Gasped from Misha and other students boomed around.

"W-what?. Are you f*cking serious?! Onyx?. They're weak. They can't be part of our group. This f*cking faggot is not belong here. He's nothing but a weakling that should be gone in this place." She yelled and point at me.

I want to grin right now. Seeing her frustrated and angry makes me feel better.

"Misha, I am the leader of my group. And since when you become part of us?. You are just my twin's girl but not part of our group. This is my decision and it's final." Onyx almost yelled and he grabbed me away from the cafeteria.

"I'm sorry about that." He apologized we are now on the rooftop of our building department. He let go of my arm and lean to the grills.

"I-it's okay." I heard him heaved a sigh.

"Ganther, I want you to be part of our group. The three of you. Kit, Slade, and you."

"B-but we're not like you-."I stop when I saw him looking at me. The way he looks at me, it's like he wanted to tell me something.

"I want to know you more, Ganther." A weak smile crept on him. "I want to know if you and she are in the same situation. I want to save you. I don't want you to end up like her." He whispered something that I didn't hear.

"W-what?." He just shrugged and walk to closer. The next thing I knew he flashed a smile. Not an ordinary smile. A smile that assuring me about something. A smile that gave me a strange feeling. I don't know why but I can feel my heart pounding the moment I saw that beam and his eyes met mine.