3

Kelly

"And done," I finished up my assignment and sent it.

"Kelly," I heard a knock at my door.

"Come in," I allowed. In walked my mom.

"Oh hey mom," I greeted, "I was just finishing up an assignment."

"Oh sorry to be a bother," she whispered.

"No don't worry about it," I mentioned, "what's up?"

"You do know your dad and I are super proud of everything you do right?" she asked cautiously.

"Yeah," my voice trailed off suspiciously. I knew exactly where this was going.

"Are you sure you really have considered this whole being a spy thing?" she questioned.

And there it was. The main reason for the fights between my parents and I for the past year and a half.

"Yes mom. I have genuinely considered it," I gritted through my teeth.

"It's just," she stuttered, "honey. Do you even understand how dangerous this can be? I mean think about what could happen to you on one of your missions. Not to mention how you could targeted in everyday life. I mean being apart of the first family already makes you a walking target. You don't want to make it even worse."

"Mom. I received the best training from the SISA, I was one of the top performers. Shouldn't that be reason enough to trust me and the fact that I'm going to be able to do this? Plus I'm doing this to protect myself. To protect us," I explained.

"But Kelly we already have protection from the secret agents, the security of the White House and so many more organisations and people. Why do you want to do someone else's job?" she questioned.

"Because mom, I never wanna feel as helpless as I did when Grayson took that bullet for me ever again. Why can't you just understand that?" I looked at her with broken eyes.

"You know what. Clearly I'm not going to be able to change your mind on this so just forget I said anything. I genuinely hope you're happy," the last part she said a little spitefully.

"I gotta study. Could we maybe wrap this up?" I asked, quite annoyed.

"Okay," she said sternly and got up. Before I knew it she was out of my sight.