12

Cole

"I still can't believe you almost blew our cover!" Alaine yelled as she vigorously flipped through pages of the file on her desk.

"I didn't blow our cover," I retorted.

"So then why did she ask you how you knew Grayson was dead?" she gritted through her teeth.

"I told her that you told me. But after that she left," I explained.

"She's onto us," she clenched her fist, "we need to throw her off."

"Did you guys hear?" Grayson questioned bursting into the room.

"What's going on?" Alaine asked.

"The embassy's training unit is getting a new recruit. Said her name's Claudette Rousseau. She's coming in today," he explained.

"And?" I scoffed. It was pretty useless information to us.

"They say once she's done with training she's going to be recruited to our project of planning to overthrow the White House," Grayson explained.

"So we're going to have viande fraîche? Interesting," Alaine brewed in her thoughts.

"Vi what?" Grayson questioned.

"Fresh meat," I rolled my eyes, "if you're gonna be working with us you have to learn how to speak French you imbecile."

"What did you just call me?" Grayson grunted as he walked closer to me.

"I've fought you once. I can do it again," I huffed.

"Arrêter! Stop it you two," Alaine shot both of us a look, "I'm going to head down to the Embassy and see what the deal is with this new recruit. Maybe see if I can be the one to train her so that there's no mistakes added onto this team."

"Let me come with you," I ordered.

"No," she held up her hand, "I need you to go and talk to Kelly and convince her to go on another date with you. Open up about some more stuff, ask about her family. That's what we really want."

"Come on does he have to go on another date with her?" Grayson questioned annoyingly.

"Don't tell me you still have some sort of feeling for that wench? You sacrificed feelings when you decided to commit treason," Alaine pointed at Grayson and left, slamming the door behind her.

"She's right you know," I scoffed and left the room.

The Spy - g.d [The Bodyguard Sequel]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें