5

Kelly

"Miss Richardson," Pamela, one of the house's workers, called.

"Yes?" I answered as I was walking down the stairs.

"There's a car waiting outside for you. It's from the SISA," she explained.

"Oh," I remarked, "thank you Pamela."

She left as I got to the bottom of the stairs. I went outside and saw the black Bentley waiting for me.

"Agent Richardson," the driver got out the driver's seat and opened my door.

"Thank you," I got in. I was actually still confused as to what was going on.

I sat back and tried to relax but parts of my body kept tightening up. Maybe I had already done something wrong.

"Do you have any idea what this is for?" I asked the driver.

"I'm sorry but I have to keep that confidential until we arrive at the headquarters," he stated and the conversation pretty much ended there. After forty five minutes of driving we arrived at headquarters.

The door was opened for me and I got inside. We went into a lobby and then into an elevator.

We got to our floor and as the doors opened, I saw Officer LeBlanc standing by a table with computers surrounding him and people working by the computers.

"Agent Richardson," he greeted me, "welcome to the headquarters."

"So this is the rumoured sacred land that all training agents want to get to some day," I chuckled, "happy to be here Officer."

"I called you here today to give you your first mission," he explained.

"You really think I'm ready for my first mission?" I asked.

"If I didn't think you were ready would I have called you in?" he asked with a smug look.

"Go on," I allowed him to continue.

"So as you know, America does have enemies and we have gotten intel that the French plan on infiltrating the government and overthrowing the institution from inside. We're still not sure how they're planning on doing it but there's secret meetings going on, whispers in corners and all that. We're still lost in translation a bit but that's where you come in," he explained.

"What do I have to do Officer?" I asked.

"We need you to go undercover as in an informant in the French Embassy. You're going to be training to be a spy for the other side. Snoop around and report back. Figure out what angle they're trying to hit us from. Gain their trust and all that," he explained and handed me a file.

"When am I being launched?" I asked.

"A week and a half from now," he answered.

"Do you think that's enough time?" I asked nervously.

"Of course it's enough time. You're ready Richardson. I'm counting on you. Your family is counting on you. The whole country is counting on you," he stated. Damn. Talk about pressure.

"Okay," I nodded slowly, "I'm on it Officer."

"Good. You'll be called back the day before to see if you fit and you'll be launched. A week and a half. I suggest you brush up on your French," he suggested.

"tu n'as pas à t'inquiéter pour ça," I smiled.

A week and a half. Better get to work.