9

Kelly

I fixed up my hair and put on my jacket. I waited to hear my parents leave for the civil banquet they had to attend tonight. All the staff were getting ready to leave.

As I heard the bodies leave the house, I decided to head downstairs and get my car keys.

I went outside and unlocked my black Mercedes, getting in and driving towards the gate. The guards were trying to give me a tough time but I eventually cracked them, convincing them to let me go.

Cole was staying at one of the most expensive hotels in Washington. Which didn't surprise me, he had shown that he was a child of wealth. I was buzzing. Which is surprising, I didn't expect to be this excited but I was. Of course a part of me had felt a little bad for moving on from Grayson but I think time had done more than enough for me to be almost healed. I was just excited because for the past almost two years it's been nothing but spy training and school. It was nice to have something to look forward to.

After a few minutes I arrived at the hotel. I had to put the hood of my jacket on and slip into the lobby. I didn't want anyone knowing I was here. Not because I was embarrassed or anything, it would've just been better to keep a low profile.

I saw Cole waiting for me in the lobby. He saw me and flashed a smile.

"Hey," he greeted me with a hug.

"Hi," I greeted and hugged back, "did you find your way okay?"

"Yeah I did. I drove myself," I said.

"Oh really? When did you get a car, last time I checked you didn't have one," he stated.

"I got one for my birthday in July," I said, pointing to my car through the doors.

"Nice," he smiled, "you look great by the way."

"Thanks. You too," I smiled, "so is there a nice and private restaurant in the hotel?"

"Ummm we could try the one just around the corner here. But if you're not too comfortable with that we can go to my hotel room, order some room service and just chill?" he asked with a warm smile.

"I think that's better," I gulped a bit. I didn't know how to feel being alone with Cole in a hotel room but it was better than potentially being seen at a restaurant and causing a media frenzy.

He led me up to his room. He unlocked the door and let me go in first. I saw the beautiful view of Washington from the other side of his room.

"Hey I can see my house from here," I pointed to the White House in view and laughed.

"Oh yeah," he laughed with me, "I forgot how funny you are."

"Pshtt stop," I rolled my eyes playfully and sat down on the couch.

"You hungry?" he asked as he placed his hand on the side of my head lovingly.

"I could use a little something yeah," I smiled and looked up at him.

He picked up the phone and called for room service. He ordered quite a feast for us. After some time it arrived. I asked him that the hotel employee not enter our room on account of my wishes to keep my presence at the hotel a secret.

"Here," he pushed the cart of food towards us, "bon appetit."

"Oh you know French?" I asked him.

"Oh no," he laughed and looked to the side, "literally just that one phrase. Anyways let's eat."

We dug into the food on the cart.

"Do you want some wine?" he asked.

"Since I drove here, not tonight. Thank you though," I smiled and continued eating.

"Alright then," I saw his face get a little flushed, "so what's been going on with you? I know we have a lot to catch up on."

"Just been trying to get through college man," I chuckled, "and how about you? Basketball training in Canada? I didn't even know you played basketball."

"Yeah. I been playing since I was ten. I'm actually being scouted by NBA agents right now. There's talk of me getting into the NBA draft once I've graduated," he explained with a gleaming smile.

"That's amazing Cole. I'm really happy for you," I smiled and then remembered that night as my smile faded, "listen Cole."

"Yeah?" he asked as he sipped on his wine.

"Are you still mad at me about what happened with that whole Grayson situation?" I asked. I was genuinely curious. I found it hard to believe that he had gotten over it.

"Listen Kelly," he held my hands, "I should be asking you that question. I was completely out of line. In a way we both just got mixed up in all the craziness and it did take me a while to get over it but I am over it. Especially considering the fact that Grayson won't interfere with us anymore due to the fact that he's no longer with us."

"Wait," I paused, "how did you know he died?"

"Umm," he stuttered, "Alaine told me."

The look on his face told me something. It told me that he knew something that he wasn't telling me. His body language was telling. I think I was walking into danger. I decided to look at my watch as a diversion.

"Oh look at the time. I gotta go. It was nice meeting up with you Cole," I got up and walked to the door.

"Wait lemme at least walk you to your car," he interjected.

"It's okay. I had a great time," I faked a smile. I hugged him quickly and gave him a little smooch, just to lower suspicion.

"We should do this again," he mentioned.

"For sure," I smiled and was on my way.

Something isn't right here.