8

Kelly

"That's all for today. Remember to hand in your final assignment for your course by the end of the week," my professor signed off.

I packed up all my things and was heading for the door when I received a pleasant surprise.

"Hey there beautiful," Cole greeted me by the door of my lecture hall.

"Hi," I smiled, "what are you doing here?"

"I decided to drop in, just see how you're doing and actually take you out for lunch. You should be done for the day right?" he asked.

"Yeah I actually am but I'm not sure if I can do lunch today I'm so sorry. I have to be back at the house for some important 'president's daughter' stuff so yeah," I lied about the last part. I had to do more prep for my mission.

"Oh yeah, I forgot that even as offspring you still got some responsibilities," he chuckled, "it's okay though I actually should've asked. But we're still on for dinner tomorrow night?"

"Yeah absolutely," I smiled, "listen I gotta go but I'll see you tomorrow night. I'm going to leave in my car and meet you at your hotel."

"Perfect. See you gorgeous," he hugged me and kissed my cheek.

I walked away, looking back to see him smiling at me. I had a small flutter of butterflies.

Cole

I watched Kelly walk away and get into a car. My phone began to rang.

"Bonjour," I greeted.

"Are you with her?" I heard Alaine's voice through the speaker.

"Non. I tried to get her to go to lunch with me but she had to leave. I think she was lying about what she had to do. Should I follow her?" I asked.

"êtes-vous fou? The White House security will have you by the neck. Just leave her. Are you still doing dinner tomorrow night?" she asked.

"Oui. She's coming to my hotel," I stated.

"Excellente," she said and hung up.