15

Kelly

"That is all. Disperser," Miss Beaulieu, the contraption control trainer, said.

I left my table and ran my hands through my disgusting hair. I really hated this black hair I felt like a witch.

"Claudette," I heard my name being called out. I turned around to see Noelle smiling at me.

"How tired are you?" she asked.

"Why do you ask?" I responded coyly, tilting my head.

"A couple of the recruits and I want to go and chill out like the Americans do," she giggled, "would you care to join us?"

I had to think quick. Would spending more time with them be potentially exposing myself or a chance for me to extract more information? I decided to go.

"Oui. Where are we going?" I asked delightfully.

"One of the spies," she brought her voice down to a whisper, "assigned for Maison Blanche vers le bas said he knows this cool club inside the city. It's called um, Ultrabar."

"Magnifique," I looked down at my watch, "but I don't think I'll have enough time to go home and change."

"We will probably only leave for Ultrabar at 21h00. You have two hours until then," she smiled, "do you want us to come pick you up?"

"Non!" I panicked as she looked at me puzzled, "I'm sure I can get there."

"We will see you later. Au revoir," she smiled and walked away.

***

I arrived at Ultrabar with Derek.

"Thanks for coming in short notice Derek I really appreciate it," I fixed my hair in the backseat.

"No problem Kelly. I'll sit here and you just come out and let me know when you want to go home," he nodded.

"I promise not to be long. I just need to get something done this isn't for partying I swear," I got out the car and walked towards the entrance. I saw Noelle and a bunch of the other recruits standing outside.

"Bonjour!" Noelle squealed.

"Bonjour," I greeted her back along with everyone else.

"You look stunning. I love your outfit," she hugged me.

"Merci. Same here it's amazing," I gushed.

"I actually made it myself," she bubbled like a glass of champagne. Her enthusiasm was really something.

"Seriously?" I asked, genuinely astounded. She definitely looked like she had stepped out of a catalogue.

Just as she was about to answer, a man appeared in front of us signalled for us to come in. I guess that was the connection Noelle had because the line outside Ultrabar was excruciatingly long.

We walked into a scene of high energy. We were led to a VIP table at the furthest end of the room.

"Is this not great!" Noelle squealed loudly as she sat down.

I nodded with a smile. I tried to observe as much as I can. Keep an eye out for anything that I could collect as intel.

I watched as everyone around me was enjoying themselves, dancing and grinding on each other, not many of us were drinking because spy training requires you to watch your sustenance intake.

"How did you get us here?" I asked Noelle as she sat back with a small drink in her hand.

"The espionner I told you about earlier has a connection into the club. And I knew he could not resist making me happy because he is my bien-aimée," she gushed.

"That is so adorable. He definitely did us a favour this table is fantastic," I smiled as the music changed.

"Dance with me!" Noelle yelled as she grabbed my hands.

"Non, non. I don't dance," I giggled and shook my head.

"Come on, live a little as the Americans say!" she smiled and stood me up. I started dancing to the rhythm of the music, letting my guard down and feeling the atmosphere around me.

"There he is!" Noelle shouted as she turned her whole body around.

"Qui?" I questioned.

"My man," she blushed.

I turned my head over to where she was facing. I focused my vision to see who she was looking at. I looked back and saw Noelle had gone past me towards her desired target. I saw her run her fingers through his hair. His platinum blonde hair sticking out to me. I then realised who it was.

"Claudette," Noelle called out to me as she came up with him. I glanced over and saw Cole. My brain was trying to comprehend what I was witnessing, suddenly things had come together in my head.

"This is Hugo," she smiled and gave him a kiss.

"Nice to meet you Claudette," he took my hand and laid a delicate kiss on it.

"Oui. You too," I nodded with a fake smile, "excuse me."

I quickly went back to the VIP table.

"Are you having fun?" Iain, one of the recruits that tagged along with us, asked.

"Oui. I actually have to go. I am feeling a bit under the weather," I faked a cough and a queasy stomach hold.

"Let me walk you out," his thick accent intruded my ears.

He extended his arm and I grabbed it, as he led me outside.

"Iain tell me something," I stated as I put my bag on my shoulder, "how long has Hugo been working on his mission?"

"I do not know much about it," he began, "he has been here since before we were flown out here to train. He is not the only one working on White House Down."

"Thank you," I nodded with a quick smile.

"I will see you tomorrow?" he asked, his brown eyes giving off a warm radiance.

"Oui. Au revoir," I signed off and walked towards the car I arrived in.