18

Meghan's POV:
I walked into AP Algebra Two and immediately noticed the blonde at the front of the class wearing the same outfit as me.

"Hey!" A guy named Jeff from homeroom said when he saw me.

"Who's that?" I asked him. I had never seen her before.

"That is Bridget Cline, she's a senior and just moved here from Indiana." Jeff told me." Are you mad that she's rocking that outfit better than you are?" I hit him on the arm and made my way over to her.

"I assume you shop at Forever Twenty-One." I commented when I went up to her. She looked me up and down a huge smile spread across her face.

"Oh my god, you're so cute! It's like looking in a slightly shorter mirror." Bridget said." Where have I seen you before? Are you internet famous?" She asked me. Some kids in the class laughed a little bit but she looked confused.

"Dude she's kinda dating Luke Hemmings." One girl said.

"Who?" Bridget asked. When she said that I almost cried; finally someone I can be friends with and not worry about them only being my friend for the boys.

"You are awesome and I don't care if you hate me but you're my new best friend!" I told her before taking her to a seat. The whole class period she and I chatted and I got to know her a little better before she and I split ways for Global History.

When lunch rolled around I sat at my usual table which was now empty since the seniors I sat with last year graduated. I saw Bridget come in and I waved to her, offering her a seat. She gladly came over and sat down before pulling out a huge bag full of food.

"So are you really dating Luke Hemmings? I asked a kid in my Chemistry class about you and he described this guy as the "gayest member of the gayest band in the world"." She explained, pulling out food from her bag and setting it on the table.

"I am dating him and no he's not gay. If he is then it'd be a shock to me." I replied." But yeah his band is pretty gay." As our conversation about the guys continued, I started realizing who this girl reminded me of; Michael.

"By the way, I'm in your American Lit. class next period." Bridget told me." I know it's a junior class but there were no good senior English classes except film analysis and something else."

"Awesome." I replied." Are you seeing anyone? I might have the perfect guy for you."

"That'd be a no from me. No offense but LA guys are practically ninety percent girl." Bridget answered." Why?"

"Well my boyfriend's good friend, he's Australian is single and the more I talk to you, the more I see him in you." I told her." And I just heard what I said and I mean that I see a lot of his personality in yours."

"When can I meet him?" She asked, taking a big bite of a sandwich.

"Uh, not really sure. They're about to leave for a small world tour and after they'll be in LA permanently so maybe when they're here for their first show." I replied." Trust me he's worth the wait."

"I don't doubt you on that." Bridget said." Believe me when I say this though, if he wears a leather wrist cup or brightly colored pants, I'm out."

*
*
*

We walked into American Lit. and I noticed a girl sitting in the back by herself.

"Hey stranger." I said, going up to her." Mind if we sit down or are there assigned seats?"

"Sit where you want." She replied.

"I've never seen you here before. Are you a senior too?" I asked her, not recognizing her from the halls or anything.

"As flattering as I find you thinking I'm still in high school, I'm a senior in college and I'm here for a month as a teaching assistant." The girl replied." I'm Izzy."

"Oh, sorry." Bridget told her." I'm Bridget and this is Meghan."

"Yeah sorry, you look so young for a senior in college." I added. She chuckled to herself and closed her notebook.

"It's fine, you aren't the first people to mistake me for a student today. And my secret is moisturizing." Izzy joked. Soon the rest of the class came in and the teacher introduced herself and Izzy to everyone before she got started with our first lesson.

"Unfortunately Izzy will only be with us for a month before going back to UCLA to finish up school and get her first teaching degree." Mrs. Brown said." Make your time here count."

The rest of the day drew on before it was finally time to go. I met Bridget outside her last period as she asked me to and we made a plan to meet at a nearby Starbucks.

I went out to my truck and left the school lot before buses left and was able to make it there a few minutes before Bridget. As well as I got to know her over a few class periods, it wasn't enough to determine if we can be friends no matter how much I want to set her up with Michael.

"I'm telling you, Mrs. Brown had a huge booger hanging out of her nose for most of the class." Bridget told me as we ordered coffee." It was so gross. I'd drop her class just for that."

"Really? I'd drop the class because she mocked my accent by doing a Steve Irwin impression." I replied." It was insulating."

"I thought it was funny when that kid in front of us mumbled," why are you in American lit. if you aren't even American." Bridget chuckled as we got a seat." You know I love your accent but it was pretty funny." I rolled my eyes and sat down. Just then strolled in a familiar face.

"So is this where college kids go to do homework?" Bridget asked Izzy as she came in.

"Hey guys." Izzy replied." And to answer you question, yes and only when the dorm Wifi is acting up."

"We have an extra seat f you want to join us." I offered. She glanced down at her watch hesitantly before sitting down with us.

The three of us got to talking and thankfully Bridget brought up Michael and Luke when Izzy said she recognized me from online so I was able to slip Ashton into conversation. I wanted my brother settled down before he's thirty and so far he not getting anywhere so i deemed it upon myself to help.

"I have to go but it's been great. I'll see you guys tomorrow. Text me if you wanna meet up again tomorrow." Izzy told us before leaving. I looked at the time and realized we had been here for two hours and the boys are probably wondering where I am.

"I'll see you tomorrow morning, Bridget. Text me when you get to school so I can show you where I hang out before advisory." I told her before walking out to my truck.

When I got home the three boys were waiting for me." Where have you been?" Jack yelled.

"Sorry but I made friends today so we went to Starbucks after school." I replied." The best part is, one of them has no idea who Luke or you guys are!"

"How is that good?" Jackjack asked.

"I don't have to worry about her using me to meet you guys, duh. Where have you been? Don't you remember Cameron?" Cameron was a girl I met my first year living with the boys and the first time she came over, she stole two pairs of Jack's underwear.

"I never got those underwear back." Jack commented." They were new too."

"Well she moved away and probably does science experiments on them." I told them. I then proceeded to tell them all about Bridget and Izzy including my plan to set them up with Ashton and Michael.