5

Luke's POV:
"I hope Ashton drags your face on the concrete." Michael said when I told them I was thinking of asking Meghan out. They were out on a walk and this was the perfect time to tell them.

"Hey!"

"Luke what is the lowest chance you are gonna fuck up and break this girl's heart?" Calum asked." Besides I think she could do way better."

"She probably already has a boyfriend." Michael added.

"Again, hey!" I yelled." Look I really like this girl. She makes me really happy when I'm around her and when we touch I kid you not there's like a spark or something. She gives me butterflies and when we preform all I'm thinking about is impressing her with a sick guitar riff or holding a note for a long time, I don't know! The other day I was on her Instagram and some guy commented on her picture calling her sexy and I just really wanted to comment back to him saying," lay off that's my girl"-" I said, pacing.

"But she's not." Calum interrupted.

"I know. I just-I just really like her." I told them, sitting down.

"I just hope you don't hurt her." Michael sighed." But your feelings seem genuine. Best of luck to you." He got up and patted my shoulder before leaving the room.

"Yeah. If you guys do it, be quiet and don't make a mess." Calum joked, following Michael.

"You're disgusting!" I called to him. I sat back on the couch and turned on the tv.

Ashton's POV:
"It was so weird, I thought he was gonna die." Meghan explained, continuing her story about a time when Jackjack accidentally ate shaving cream while drunk.

I nodded in agreement but I didn't listen much. All I could think about was Luke asking out my sister.

"I have a question." I said.

"Shoot." She replied as we nearer the bus.

"Do you have a crush on Luke?" I asked as we stopped in our tracks.

"Why?" She replied.

"I wanna know, I won't be mad. I'm just getting a vibe that you do." I shrugged. If she says yes then Luke will no doubt end up asking her out.

"Yeah, I do." She answered." But I don't think he and I will date, ever."

"Oh? Why not?"

"Something tells me he sees me more as a sister than a love interest. Kind of like Michael and Calum. Even if that's not true, he's luke fucking Hemmings and I'm just...well I'm just me." She explained." Not that there's anything wrong with me, I'm gorgeous." She joked.

"Be careful there sis, cockiness is gonna go to your head." I joked back. She playfully shoved me as we kept walking." Besides, luke isn't all that special. He's basically a man child."

"If he's a man child what does that make you?" She asked with a giggle.

"A smart, educated-" she cut me off.

"You forgot the air quotes around educated."

I rolled my eyes as we kept walking." As I was saying; he's not all the media cuts him out to be. He's just Luke."

"Well I think he's pretty great." She mumbled. As we approached the door and decided to tell her.

"Then you should know that Luke likes you too and is planning on asking you out." With that I went inside.

Meghan's POV:
"Then you should know that Luke's likes you too and is planning on asking you out." My heart skipped a beat.

Luke likes me? A huge grin smeared across my face as I followed Ashton inside.

"How was your walk?" Luke asked me when I came inside.

"It was good." I answered." A truly beautiful day."

He went back to looking at his phone as I went back outside to call the house.

"Hello?" Jack picked up after a few rings.

"Hey it's me. Jackjack around?" I asked.

"I'm here." He said.

"Just wanted to check in on you three, make sure everything is okay." I told them." Any luck with Sam finding a place?"

"He's got a few nearby options but he's waiting to see if that awful woman across the hall moves out." Jackjack said." If not, there's a complex across the street."

"That's good. I don't like that woman; I swear every time she walks that rat she calls a dog, it leaves poop in front of our mailbox." I replied." Is she finally getting evicted for it?"

"No. We think it might have something to do with not being able to afford the place anymore. She's retired, single, ad frankly that dogs is too pampered." Jack explained." Either way I hope she leaves."

"Okay well, keep me posted. Tell Sam I say hi and I'll talk to you guys later." I told them before hanging up. As I was about to go inside, the door opened and out came luke.

"Wanted to see this beautiful day you were talking about." He said. He looked around unamused." I've seen better." With that he turned to go back inside.

"Actually, luke." I said, getting his attention." Can I ask you something?"

"Yeah."

"Ashton told me you liked me, is that true?" He looked me in the eye as I asked. His eyes lit up a little bit and his cheeks turned a shade of pink.

"Uh- yeah, I do. I really like you, Meghan." He said sheepishly.

I had my answer. A small grin grew out of the corner of my mouth as I tried to contain my joy." Well then, would you like to go out with me sometime then?"

Luke scratched his neck and said," Sure," with a smile on his face, keeping eye contact. I smiled back at him and headed back inside.

"Isn't the guy supposed to ask the girl out though?" He asked

I turned back at him just as I opened the door.

"They aren't "supposed to". It may happen more often but that doesn't make it the official rule, besides god knows how long it would've taken you to actually ask."