11

Meghan's POV:
It was around eleven at night when I called Luke's house since he hadn't responded to my texts yet.

"Hello, Hemmings residence." His mum answered.

"Hi Mrs. Hemmings, this is Meghan Irwin calling to see if Luke is around." I said. Unlike the first time when his mum picked up, he was around to save me from talking to her. He speaks highly of his mum and I wouldn't want to make her not like me

"I'm sorry dear he is out with his dad and brother for the afternoon. Can i give him a message?"

"Yes, could you please tell him to call me back or check his phone message when it's convenient for him." I replied.

"Will do. Take care sweetie!" His mum said before hanging up. Since Luke wasn't around i called Ashton because I forgot to do it the first time Luke asked me to and it's about five days into this break and I still haven't done it.

"Hey, what's up?" Ashton answered." You caught me in the middle of lunch."

"Do you want me to call back later?" I asked.

"No no, everyone's here if you wanna say hi." He suggested." You're on speaker phone with me, mum, Lauren, and Harry."

"Hi guys." I said. I was about to cry; I hadn't spoken to mom or Harry in a long time.

"Meghan! How's everything in LA?" Mum asked.

"Do you know anyone famous?" Lauren added.

"When are you coming home?" Harry asked.

"Soon bud...I hope it's soon." A tear fell from my eye." I miss you guys so much. Everything is great here; I'm starting my junior year of high school next month and then hopefully I can move home for college depending on how well things go here. I am planning to fly down there soon, maybe for Christmas or Michael's birthday in November."

"We would love that so much." Mum replied.

"Ashton can you take me off speaker phone for a minute so i can talk to mom." I requested. When i positive it was just me and her I began to speak again." Mom Ashton knows about the situation with dad; his new wife and family, how he's in New York now, everything. I know it was your choice when or if to tell the other two but I think you should. They have a right to know and I get that he isn't yours or their favorite person but they should still know."

"I know. Ashton told me earlier in this tour when they left for the pre tour, that he would stop at nothing to get you to come with him and I figured you wanted to tell him yourself." She explained." They'll know soon, I promise. Here's Ashton."

"Is that all you wanted to say?" Ashton asked." I can hand you off to Harry and Lauren."

"Tell Lauren to Skype me later with Harry. I'm sure we have plenty to talk about and it's almost midnight so I want to be well rested for that." I told him." Tell everyone I love them and we'll talk soon." With that I hung up and sunk into my bed. Just then the door opened and jack stepped in.

"Hey, noticed your lights were still on. Up for a midnight run to Waffle House?" He asked. I smiled at him and grabbed my shoes before we rushed downstairs and to the car.

When we got to Waffle house we took a booth in the empty diner and ordered some coffee.

"So who were you on the phone with so late into the night?" He asked me.

"Ashton and my family. It's like three or four in the afternoon for them and I wanted to return his message from a few days ago." I answered." I would've gone outside but I saw some large animal back there yesterday and I don't want to be attacked."

"It was probably a coyote and maybe staying inside at night is a good thing; lots of creepy people walking around at night and animals." Jack said, taking a sip of his coffee as the waitress set mine down in front of me.

"Thank you." I told her. Jack ordered some food while I awkardkh waited." Just the coffee for me, thank you." I said when she turned to me.

"I have a question for you." I said." When you and jack leave for Omaha for thanksgiving, would it be okay if I fly down to Australia for Michael's birthday and to see my family?" I asked."We get out Tuesday the seventeenth and we are back in school the 30th."

"Sure. Jack and I will be flying back to LA the twenty seventh so depending on how long you stay we might not be able to pick you up from the airport." He replied." You're not going anywhere for thanksgiving?"

"I don't celebrate thanksgiving, I'm not American. The only reason I did last year was because you couldn't leave me at home alone for a week and a half." I explained."I'll only be gone for a week at most. I'll fly down the nintenth and stay with my mom for a week, visit with them, etc."

"Sounds like a plan." The rest of the time at waffle house we chatted as jack ate his burger and by time we got back it was almost two in the morning.

Luke's POV:
When my brothers and I walked into the house, mum stopped us and made up leave our wet suits and towels in the laundry room.

"Luke sweetheart your girlfriend called while you were gone. She wanted me to tell you to call or text her back at your convenience." Mum said." Called around three."

"Thank you for taking the message." I replied. I turned my phone on and waited to get the messages she left. There were two texts from Meghan, a phone call from her, and several texts from Ashton about her coming down here during November and Christmas time.

I couldn't reach her cell so i called her house, not keeping in mind that it was around two in the morning there.

"Gikinsky, Irwin, Johnson house, Jack J speaking." Some guy answered.

"I'm looking for Meghan, it's Luke calling." I said.

"She's not home right now can I take the message?" He asked." While I have you here is it true that you and Meghan are dating?"

"Please tell her to call me back when she can regardless of time." I answered." And yeah we are. I thought she told you by now."

"Got it. Thanks Hemmingway." The guy said before hanging up.

I hadn't met her roommates yet and something told me from that conversation that they want to tear me limb from limb for dating her.

Meghan's POV:
"Do you think coming here was a mistake? To LA I mean." I asked Jack on the car ride home.

"I wouldn't say so. You didn't know at that age that things with your dad would take another turn. You were going and you weren't aware of the gravity of it all." Jack explained." Plus you wouldn't have ever met me or jackjack. You would have never gotten to live in our beautiful condo and most importantly you would have never gotten to be where you are now; you're independent, you're mature, a hard worker. You do a lot for the guys and I and we're the adults. Maybe you wouldn't have ended up like this is you stayed, maybe you would have. All I can say is don't question the choices you already made because you can't go back and change them. You have to keep moving forward and hope that it'll get better."

"You're right." I sighed as he parked his car in our driveway and we walked through the garage to our house. When we walked in, jackjack was sitting at the island waiting for us.

"Hey." I said to him. He gave me a smirk before tossing me the phone.

"Luke called. Asked you to call him back whenever." Jackjack explained." Also it's been confirmed, she and Luke are dating."

Jack jumped up and down and gave jackjack a high five.

"He told you?" I asked." More importantly you already knew?"

"I'm surprised you didn't tell us immediately." Jack said." We're your best friends and you kept your love a secret."

"Yeah because any time I go near a guy you threaten to rip off their nut sack." I replied." We've only been dating a few weeks so I wouldn't call it "love"."

"You love him don't you?" Jackjack asked. I shrugged and put the phone back on the holster even though on the inside I was screaming yes but they didn't need to know that.