17

Cristina and Meredith are walking through the hospital hallways

Cristina and Meredith are walking through the hospital hallways. "I'm on my knees in a puddle of coffee, and he's lying on the couch playing with himself, you know? And not in a good way." Cristina complained to Meredith Madelyn ran up to them putting her hair in a ponytail out of breath , They both gave her dirty looks

"What?" Madelyn laughed out

"You were doing the Nasty with alex that's why you're late Again" Meredith said to her Cristina chuckled Madelyn rolled her eyes "But he's recovering from surgery, and you've read the studies on recovery and depression in surgical patients" Meredith said to Cristina

"I was not doing the Nasty" Madelyn clarified they both looked at her disbelievingly she scoffed "okay fine maybe i was but i'm not late-" she checked her watched and smacked her forehead "dammit" She muttered

"Yeah well he's not a patient, he's Preston Burke. He's just milking it. Now he's got me fetching his food and the paper and his slippers like I'm a dog" she complained Madelyn, Cristina and Meredith reach the elevator. Derek steps out of it, carrying two cups of coffee.

"Hey!" Derek exclaimed

"Hi! I had a dream about you last night!"Meredith grinned out Cristina and Madelyn looked at each other with a confused expression on both of their faces.

"You did? What was I doing? Bringing you coffee?"

"You were definitely not bringing her coffee. But coffee's good" Madelyn commented sarcastically Meredith pushed her a little to side causing Madelyn to clear her throat awkwardly.

Derek chuckled "I'm told dating starts with a casual invitation over a cup of coffee" He said to her handing her a coffee she took it smiling.

"Does it?"

"So Meredith, would you like to go out to dinner with me tonight?" Derek asked her she smiled brightly he leaned over to Madelyn whispering in her ear.

"How was that? Was that casual enough? That was good right?" Derek asked her worriedly Madelyn nodded whispering in his ear "That was great" Derek and Madelyn are actually close friends they give each other advice about relationships and other things and he mentors her trying to guide Madelyn and teach her the ways of Nuero.

"So we're dating" Meredith said with a grin

"We're dating. Pick you up at eight" Derek said before he walks off. The elevator opens again and Finn steps out of it, carrying a paper bag. Meredith grinned "Hey!"

"I was in the neighbourhood. Actually I wasn't but I decided you were worth the detour"

"I had a dream about you last night" Meredith told him Causing Madelyn to give her strange looks.

Finn smiled "Was it a good dream?"

"It was"

"And what was I doing?" Finn asked her Madelyn and Cristina walked up to them both with a smirk on their faces.