03

Madelyn sat in her room in boredom not being able to sleep was the main concern. She kept having nightmares about Meredith when she drowned and flatlined and about her mother. Recently Meredith moved her mothers ashes into Madelyns closet because it "creeped her out" She sat quietly staring at her closet with horror.

Madelyn then enters the dining room to find Alex and Izzie. Alex is carving a pumpkin and Izzie is baking. Madelyn sighed looking at them with a confused look "What are you guys doing up?" She asked looking into the bowl Izzie was mixing up.

Izzie and Alex spoke in unison "Couldn't sleep" Madelyn hummed quietly going over to the counter holding the urn Weakness, frailty...death is all she could think about when holding this urn. Madelyn dumps her moms ashes into a Ziploc bag zipping it up.

Izzie furrowed her eyebrows walking over to her "What is that?" She curiously questioned scared of what she might say.

Madelyn held the bag up before looking at them "My mother" She plainly admitted to them.

Alex's eyes widened "Happy freaking' Halloween." He creepily said turning back to the pumpkin carving it again.

___________

Madelyn is in the locker room with the other interns Cristina made a weird look as to what everyone is looking at "What are we looking at?"

"Oh nothing, Madelyn put our mom in a baggie and brought her to work. So same old same old" Meredith mumbled sitting on the bench Madelyn chuckled holding the bag putting it in the cubby.

"I had to get her out of my closet. She was haunting me" Madelyn cringed staring at the baggie sitting next to Meredith who had a small smile on her face.

Alex scoffed "And now she's haunting us all" He commented in a creepy tone nudging Madelyns arm in a playful way She gave him a look.

"I'm putting her to rest" Madelyn told them rolling her eyes with a sigh behind it as Sydney enters walking up to them with a smile 

"Madelyn is cleansing. In tribal culture, when one wants to cleanse the past, one cuts off all of one's hair and buries it in the earth." She rambled they all stared at her weirdly she looked back up with a shrug "You might try that, too" Sydney awkwardly responded as Callie and Bailey enters.

Callie cleared her throat getting ready to speak "Okay, listen up. Today is a holiday, which means the pit will be overrun. You've got the usual drunken stupidity..." She said turning to Bailey who had wide eyes in agreement.

"And then you've got Seattle's annual chain saw pumpkin carving contest" Bailey announced she then smiled staring at Callie "I love this city" She said with a excitement smile , Madelyn grinned to herself putting the baggie away.

"Stay on your toes, stay on top of your interns, okay?" Callie enunciated making sure everyone understood.

Izzie cleared her throat "So we should round before heading to the pit or..." She shakily asked Madelyn turned her head with a weird look wondering why she was so afraid to ask Callie a question.

"Yeah, you should direct your questions to Dr. Bailey, Stevens" Callie dryly answered.

Madelyn weirdly frowned her face up "Oh, we're directing our questions to Dr. Bailey?" She questioned with a confused tone , Callie immediately shook her head.

Callie laughed lightly "Oh, not you. Just Stevens" She told her quickly and sternly Madelyn and Meredith gave each other looks.

Bailey furrowed her eyebrows confused herself "Why is Stevens directing her questions to Dr. Bailey?" She questioned turning her head to Callie who a blank face.