01

Madelyn pulled on her lab coat with her name now on the front of it in cursive

Madelyn pulled on her lab coat with her name now on the front of it in cursive. She grinned to herself now staring into the mirror of the locker room , She had changed some things about her looks. No more ponytails they were only temporary for intern year now her hair is cut shorter and has more of a lose beach wave curl.

After the wedding incident she had decided to take a vacation. She went to Hawaii with Cristina and Meredith , it was actually supposed to be her honeymoon but they decided to take along. It was fun and kinda depressing all in one she missed george a lot he failed his intern exam so they had to talk about some things. After the trip to hawaii she went to LA to visit William he went back to med school and was starting his internship soon she was really proud of him.

Looking around the locker rooms she seen all the news interns excitedly. They all looked nervous it reminded her of how she and Meredith were when they first started. Reminiscing all the good moments she snapped out of her thoughts walking into the hallway looking at the group of interns surrounding her.

Madelyn turned around looking at all the fresh faces "Welcome!" She greeted them all with a small smile they all grinned but it faded once her smile wiped off of her face "I have five rules. Memorize them" She stated walking past them they all followed her like some lost puppies "Rule number one, don't bother sucking up, I already hate you. That's not gonna change" They continued to follow her as she walked throughout the halls walking into the nurses station she stood there staring at all of them.

The pagers were on the desk Madelyn cleared her throat pointing to the pagers "Trauma protocols, phone lists, pagers. The nurses will page you. You answer every page at a run...a run. That's rule number two" She told them now walking away again as they grabbed the pagers quickly not following her she turned around looking at them with a annoyed face "You're supposed to follow me" She spoke up in a stern voice they all looked up nervously before following her again.

They started walking in the halls again "Your first shift starts now and lasts 36 hours. You're grunts, nobodies, the bottom of the surgical food chain. You run labs, you write orders, you work every second night until you drop, and you don't complain" Madelyn recited Baileys speech to them because it was really addictive and good. Madelyn is showing her interns the on-call rooms she opened the doors to the rooms.

"On call rooms. Sleep when you can, where you can. You know, but not with anybody. Not attendings...especially not attendings. Sleeping with attendings...not a good idea" She rambled on they gave her weird looks she cleared her throat shaking her hard "Where was I?"

"Um, rule number three. If i'm sleeping, do not wake me unless a patient's actually dying" She said as she closed the doors to the on call rooms now giving them glares "Rule number four. The dying patient better not be dead when I get there, because not only will you have killed someone, you will have woken me for no good reason. Are we clear?" She finished up her lecture A girl with dark red hair raises her hand slowly Madelyn titled her head at her "Yes?"