26

Madelyn and Mark are sitting in her car drinking coffee and eating donuts

Madelyn and Mark are sitting in her car drinking coffee and eating donuts. It's something they did together, well just started doing these past weeks. Madelyn and Meredith was stressed about their mother having heart surgery.

"What are you stressing about?" Mark questioned drinking his coffee raising his eyebrows , Madelyn turned her head to him with a playful glare.

"Nothing" Madelyn brushed it off picking at her donut. He continued to stare at her with disbelief they had been getting to know each other more they were actually friends.

"It's about your mother's heart surgery isn't it?" Mark guessed correctly Madelyn sighed putting her donut down in the box licking the icing off of her fingers.

"Yes! i mean she was lucid and she said things and i said things , and now" Madelyn said the last part slowly looking at her hands "She's gone again" Madelyn finished her sentence.

"Madelyn your mother wants you to be like her extraordinary. But you already are so don't take what she said personally" Mark told her smiling softly Madelyn nodded with a smile. Mark hummed looking at the donut she put back.

He tilted his head looking in her eyes "You want that?" He questioned pointing to the donut Madelyn rolled her eyes playfully.

"No mark be my guest" Madelyn laughed out

He cheered happily before biting into it "Why do we have to do this in your car? why can't we just go into the hospital" Mark asked her still chewing she sighed drinking some of her leftover coffee.

Madelyn groaned "Mark chew your food , and the reason i want privacy is because i don't want people assuming stuff early" She explained to him leaning her head against her seat.

"That we're messing around?"

"Yes Mark"

"Would it be bad if we were?" Mark questioned slyly Madelyn chuckled dryly before cleaning up the boxes and cups in her car.

"We'll just have to see Mark Sloan" Madelyn replied with a smirk.

Madelyn, Meredith and Cristina are in the locker room getting ready for the start of their shift. Meredith looks angry and irritated. Madelyn and Cristina on the other hand is smiling.

Meredith turned to them with a glare "What?"

"Nothing" Cristina said as she shrugged it off Cristina and Madelyn looks disappointed that Meredith isn't happy. Madelyn is still smiling.