29

The interns are at Cristina and Burke's apartment studying for intern exams

The interns are at Cristina and Burke's apartment studying for intern exams. Madelyn never stressed before a test because she could always handle it easily. But this particular test she was so she needed professional help well as close too professional she's ever gonna get.

"What are the signs of a central line infection?" Mark questioned her reading off the note cards he wrote as they sat outside a coffee shop she furrowed her eyebrows thinking.

Madelyn snapped her fingers "Puss, redness and fever" She smiled out he nodded slowly changing the cards.

"What's Kahn's syndrome?" Mark asked another question she opened her mouth to answer but nothing came out. Mark began to smirk at her , they had made a bet and he wanted to win.

"Wait, wait, I know this" Madelyn told him closing her eyes trying to think.

Mark tapped his expensive watch "Tick tock Mads" She gave him a look shaking her leg under the table rapidly. Mark smirked looking under the table at her leg.

"Um..." She mumbled lowering her head down on the table trying to think.

Mark leaned closer to her raising his eyebrow "Cracking under the pressure?" He questioned teasingly she popped her head up frustrated. Mark smirked at her frustration face it was cute and her cheeks turned red "Your cute when overwhelmed" Mark teased her she rolled her eyes playfully.

"No! Um...hypocortolis...cortolism.." She muttered to herself she smiled looking up and him with the answer "Primary hypro dostrolonism!" She exclaimed happily Mark cheered proudly setting the stack of cards down on the table.

Madelyn smiled looking at Mark , he gave her a weird look "What?" He chuckled.

Madelyn shook her head "Nothing , Just uh- thank you for helping me today" She thanked him he waved it off nonchalantly.

"Why not help a friend in need" Mark commented leaning back in his chair Madelyn hummed taking a bite out of her toast. "But seriously how do you feel about this intern test?" He asked curiously.

"I've never failed at anything when it comes to things like this" Madelyn responded talking about the test "The only thing that i seem to fail at are relationships" Madelyn jokingly replied Mark sighed loudly nodding.

"Same" Mark chuckled dryly Madelyn grinned slightly still admiring his qualities , mark is actually a good person and she starting to realize that.

"I have to go to cristina and burke's house to help plan for the wedding" I told him with flashing a small smirk his eyebrows raised madelyn chuckled softly "what?" she questioned.

"You really like that kind of stuff huh?" He asked standing up next to her stacking madelyns flash cards in a pile.

"Actually yeah , if my fifteen year old self could see me now , She would be disappointed" Madelyn joked pulling her hair back in a ponytail to prevent the wind from messing it up.