20

"Where were you this morning?" Madelyn asked Alex putting on her scrub shirt on in the on call room this morning she woke up and he wasn't next to her like he always is

"Where were you this morning?" Madelyn asked Alex putting on her scrub shirt on in the on call room this morning she woke up and he wasn't next to her like he always is. Lately things between them had been really spotty.

"Sorry i had to come here early to finish some labs up"Alex responded kissing her cheek quickly Madelyn gave him a look causing him to give her the puppy eyes "Madelyn i'm not lying alright? i'm sorry i had to leave this morning i should have told you before i left but you were sleeping so peacefully" Alex said smiling stroking her cheek with his thumb.

"I just hate it when i wake up and you're not there" Madelyn told him wrapping her arms around his neck

"I know" Alex replied not looking her in the eyes Madelyn felt weird about everything it's like she couldn't trust anyone lately but she really wanted to believe alex. But her intuition was saying something else , His pager began to go off from Izzie he tried to hide it secretly but she had already seen it.

"Who paged you?"

"Uh no one important" Alex answered giving her peck on the lips she didn't really kiss back because Madelyn knew he was lying she hates liars. Her pager began to go off from Izzie and George , The couple looked at eachother before running out of the On Call room.

They ran up to George , Cristina and Izzie who looked really sad and depressed they were all surrounding him. Madelyns heart began to race as she walked up to them. George looked up at Madelyn with sad eyes.

"George whats wro-" Madelyn began to ask him but had gotten cut off by him hugging her tightly she gasped out in shock now she was really nervous , Madelyns eyes met with Izzies and Cristinas as they stared. Madelyns eyes also had started to water as she hugged George back. Madelyn knew something had to be wrong.

"My dad is in the hospital" George told her releasing from the hug he sat down in a chair staring blankly. Madelyn walked back up to him rubbing his shoulder trying to comfort him in any way. George had amazing parents he was raised with both of his parents married to each other.

"George i'm so sorry" Madelyn spoke with her voice shaking a little she was scared for his father and she felt terrible that george even had to experience something like this. Meredith walked up to the group with a bright smile.

"Today is the day people. Today is the day when dark and twisty Meredith disappears forever. And bright and shiny Meredith takes her place. You're probably not going to want to be friends with me anymore cause the sheer intensity of my happiness will make your teeth hurt. That's okay, 'cause life is good. Life is good" Meredith rambled about being happy and bright and shiny her smile faded once she noticed the looks on everyone faces. "What's going on?" Everyone is gathered around George

"George's dad was admitted last night" Madelyn informed her sister Meredith immediately walked up to George.

"Oh my God, is he okay?"