CHAPTER 1

Manik- Ms. Nandini Murthy, you are the light to my darkness, the angel to my devil, the beauty to my beast, the shining star to my sky. I am nothing without you, you are the reason of my existence. You make me smile. Your light guides me. Your shine gives me hope. You have filled my life with colours and taught me how to live! You make me fall for you a little more each day, and now I am madly and irrevocably in love with you. I can't imagine my life without you. And today I want to ask for a favour from you.

Nandini(confused)- what favour?

Manik- I want you to become Mrs. Malhotra.

Nandini (smiles with tears in her eyes)- Manik

Manik- Will you bless me with a lifetime of togetherness? Will you marry me Ms.Murthy?

Nandini (jumps and hugs him in excitement)- Yes Yes Yes

..................................................................

After a year of their marriage,

Nandini- Manik trust me, I didn't do anything

Manik- Then how did all of this happen?

Nandini- I don't know but we will find the real culprit, you trust me right?

Manik- how should I trust you Nandini, everything points towards you.

Nandini- I don't care, the only thing that I care about is whether your heart also says that I have done this, do you also believe in everyone's words that I am the one because of whom Mom has been hospitalized?

Manik turns his face to the other side

Nandini-look into my eyes, I want an answer Mr. Manik Malhotra.

Manik- you yourself said that you were the one who made that tea for mom, you never left the tea alone then how can someone else come and add that poison in it

Nandini- so you don't trust me.

Manik- how can I when my mom is there in the hospital, fighting for her life.

Nandini- she is our mom Manik, I gave her the place of my mother the day I had married you.

Manik- I want a divorce.

Nandini- what did you just say?

Manik- you heard me right, I want a divorce Nandini.

Nandini(shocked)- Manik we can sort this out, why are you behaving like this?

Manik- no we cannot, do you get that we cannot sort this out, Mom had told me that she didn't like you, that you were not the one for me and this family but I had gone against her to marry you, no no no, I should not have done that.

Nandini- are you calling our marriage a mistake?

Manik- I just can't stay with you under the same roof anymore, your presence and this marriage is suffocating me, I just can't, I don't even know that whether you loved me ever or not.

Tears well up in Nandini's eyes.

Nandini- okay then if you have decided everything by yourself then there is nothing left to hear and say, you want a divorce right, you will get one but do not question my love for you as it was pure, your love was weak Mr. Manik Malhotra, your trust in me was weak, it didn't even take a minute to break.

Manik- just stop.

Nandini- no I won't, you are a liar Mr. Malhotra, your love, your care, your trust everything was a lie, one big lie and I was so stupid to believe you every time, to believe you when you said that you can fight with the world for me, to believe you when you said that our love will never end, to believe you when you said that we will be together forever, hamesha, I was such a fool to believe in every word that you had said. You remember that while proposing me you had said that I have filled your dark life with light, but the truth is that your darkness snatched my light, your flame burned me. You broke me Mr. Manik Malhotra. For you I fought with my parents. They do not want to see my face ever again because I left them for you. And you, what did you do? Doubted on my love for you!