CHAPTER 6

The Next Morning,

Malhotra Enterprises, Delhi

Manik- I hope we are ready with the presentation.

Sharma- Yes sir.

A knock on the door of his cabin broke their conversation and he responded with a "come in" to the person on the other side. His receptionist entered and greeted him, in response to which he gave her a slight nod.

Receptionist-Sir Ms.Nandini Murthy is here along with her assistant, I have showed her the way to the conference room.

Manik got up from his chair and headed to the conference room to meet his angel. He entered the room and his breath hitched looking at the heavenly sight in front of his eyes. There she stood, wearing a formal wine-coloured blazer paired with white pants, looking beautiful as ever. Her silky tresses were falling over her shoulder, like a wave and her dangling earrings were sparkling with the movement of her head. Her face was covered with minimal makeup. Her beauty lied in her simplicity. He kept staring at her, forgetting to blink his eyes, his trance was broken by Mr. Sharma who asked him for permission to begin with the presentation. He nodded his head granting the permission and settled down on the chair that was placed exactly opposite to Nandini's chair. His eyes didn't leave her face throughout the presentation. Once the presentation was done, he was blessed with the opportunity to hear the soothing voice of his angel.

Nandini- I liked the ideas but we could work upon them to improve the efficiency levels, there are some minor errors in the reports that you have prepared, so we can get them revised in order to increase our profit margins.

Had it been someone else pointing out scope of improvement in his work, he would have answered him in his way, but this was his Nandini.

Manik- I agree with you Nan..Ms.Murthy.

His response left all the members in the room dumbstruck as they were expecting him to shout his lungs out and throw the person, who had dared to question his work, out, but instead, they witnessed an extremely calm Manik agreeing to the one who had knit-picked mistakes in his work.

Nandini- ok so the deal is final from my end. I will send you the legal papers till evening. Thank you, Mr.Malhotra.

Nandini extended her hand for a handshake and the moment Manik held her hand, she realised that what a big mistake she had made. She looked up only to get lost in his brown orbs which were expressing his pain, his regret, wait what, regret, that's not possible, this must be an illusion, that was what Nandini thought. The handshake made Nandini feel butterflies in her stomach. She immediately withdrew her hand and left from the room without giving another look to Manik.

Manik was still lost in her. He could still feel her soft and delicate hand in his hand, holding it tight. He could still smell her mild lavender fragrance.

Nandini's Car

Nandini(to herself)- no, no, no. I have to stay strong. Nandini you cannot forget what he did to you. He didn't believe in your love, neither he believes in it now. His eyes are lying. That pain, regret, sorrow, everything is a façade, just a façade.

Nandini drove towards Colours and Smiles Pvt. Ltd. and entered the premises only to be greeted by the several faces present there, but not one face looked familiar, she was alone in this world, she was there to protect her Aadu but who was there to protect her? The answer was very simple, No one, as her protector had become her destroyer long back.

She made her way to her cabin. She sat on her chair and took a deep breath to calm her senses. She called her assistant, Sanya, and asked her to get the contract papers of the venture with Malhotra enterprises ready. After working on the other projects till evening, she made way to her heaven, her home, where her daughter would be waiting for her.

On reaching home, the mother-daughter duo spent some time together, after which Aadhya went to bed. Nandini and Navya sat on the swing in their garden.

Navya- how was the meeting?

Nandini- it went well, I have finalised the deal.

Navya- I am not asking about it from the business perspective, let me reframe my question, how was your meeting with Ma

Nandini(interrupts her)- Navya please

............................................

Hey!

Here is the next chapter, Hope you all liked it!

Please show your love and support by HITTING THE STAR BUTTON and LEAVING YOUR PRECIOUS COMMENTS!

INLINE COMMENTS ARE APPRECIATED!

Thank you,

Stay safe and take care,

Best Wishes!

Inaayat