CHAPTER 7

Nandini and Navya sat on the swing in their garden.

Navya- how was the meeting?

Nandini- it went well, I have finalised the deal.

Navya- I am not asking about it from the business perspective, let me reframe my question, how was your meeting with Ma

Nandini (interrupts her)- Navya please, its just a professional relationship so let it be limited to that only.

Navya- ok not a problem at all, I won't say anything. But will your heart give you permission to keep it limited to the professional level only?

Nandini- Manik was my past and I can't and will never deny that. He was my happiness but the thing is that he WAS my happiness but is not anymore. Things have changed, people have changed and situations have changed.

Navya- I can't believe that you are saying this. I agree, things have changed, people have changed, situations have changed but the question is, has love also changed? Close your eyes and give this a thought Nandini as this is not only about you both but now it concerns Aadu as well. You need to be careful. I know this profit that you were talking about yesterday is just an excuse. Nandini Murthy is successful enough to earn these bucks even without entering in a tie up with any other company, let alone his company.

Saying this Navya left from there, leaving Nandini lost in her thoughts.

On Manik's side,

Phone Conversation,

Manik- Mr. Sharma please buy that mansion that you had mentioned yesterday as I am not leaving Delhi anytime soon and I don't think I will be able to manage in a hotel for so many days.

Mr. Sharma- Sir but the thing is that the owner of the mansion is selling it at a pretty hefty price, sensing our desperation to buy it.

Manik- that's okay, that is the only mansion available at the suitable location so pay whatever price he wants. Am I clear?

Mr. Sharma- yes sir, I will finalize the deal and get the papers ready.

Manik- good, and ya inform Yash that he will be handling the Mumbai branch till I am back.

Mr. Sharma- Sure sir!

Manik disconnected the call and kept his phone aside.

Manik(to himself)- Nandini I know that what I had done was completely unacceptable but now I want to mend things and I am not going anywhere without you.

Manik's mind raced back to the events that took place in the award function that day and that one thought of Nandini moving on with someone else, once again jabbed his heart. But was this really the truth? He found it next to impossible to believe that his angel had found her peace in someone else. But who was her sunshine? At that moment a thought crossed his mind.

Manik(to himself)- no it's not right, (huffed) but I don't seem to have any other option to find out the truth.

Saying this, Manik picked up his phone and hurriedly dialled a number. The call got answered in the first ring itself.

Manik- Hi Jatin, Manik this side.

Jatin- Hi Manik.

Manik- actually I needed your help, I want to get an investigation done.

Manik asked him to investigate about Nandini, particularly to get him the information of the people she presently had in her life.

Jatin- the work will be done!

Manik- till when?

Jatin- have some patience man, it can take sometime but don't worry I will try to get all the details at the earliest.

Manik- thank you, the advance will be transferred to your bank account within five minutes.

Manik cut the call and took a deep breath. The thought that, what will he do if Nandini would be happy with someone else, made him blank. Will he really be able to handle himself? He chucked these thoughts away and got drowned in work.

On Nandini's side,

Nandini's place,

Nandini saw Aadhya sitting with a sad pout on the couch in the living room. She went to her,

Nandini- what happened? Why does my Aadu looks so sad today?

Aadhya- mom will I never be able to meet my dad?

......................................................................................

Hey Guys!!

Here's the next chapter. Hope you all liked it! I am writing something like this for the very first time so I really don't know how well are my words expressing the emotions and the dilemmas that the characters are going through.

Anyway, Please shower the update with your love and support by hitting the star button and leaving your precious comments.

Thank you for sparing your time,

Stay safe and Take care,

Best Wishes!

Inaayat