CHAPTER 27

Sanket- what kind of love are you looking for? or to be precise, what kind of a lover are you looking for?

Manik fisted his fingers hearing his question. How dare this man have the audacity to indirectly ask the mother of his child for the qualities she is looking for in a guy when he was sitting right there trying hard to make her confess her love for him. But Nandini's words left him stunned as she said those exact words that she had told him on the first night of their marriage, when he had asked her that what made her fall for him!

Nandini- It's beautiful to find someone who is in love with your mind. Someone that wants to undress your conscience and make love to your thoughts. Someone who wants to watch you slowly take down all the walls that you have built up around your mind and let him inside. Someone who loves your flaws in a way that it feels unreal. Someone who's eyes touch you more than hands ever could.

She had a serene smile on her lips and unintentionally, her mind had too drifted back to the early days of their marriage, the most beautiful days of her life. Back at their first night, she had said these exact words to Manik telling him that how over time he had become that special someone in her life, someone who craved for her soul and heart more than her outer beauty.

Her trance was broken by Sanket's words,

Sanket- that was intense. No one can imagine that you are this romantic just by looking at you. Your thoughts are really deep and beautiful. Anyway, did you find that someone?

Nandini's eyes unconsciously shifted towards Manik who was already looking at her, keen to listen to her answer.

Nandini- Time proved that all of this only sounds pleasant to the ears, reality is far way from this. Love only gives wounds.

Meera- But it heals all wounds too. 

Ashi- Time ke saath sab theek ho jata hai.

Nandini chuckled painfully and looked directly in the eyes of Manik before saying,

Nandini- kayi baar, time ke saath sab khatam bhi ho jata hai.

Manik spoke with urgency and confidence clear in his voice,

Manik- Love never ends. All it needs is to be found by breaking the walls of façade and insecurities that one has formed to hide it.

Their eyelock was broken by Ashi who spinned the bottle again. This, time it again stopped at Manik.

Ashi- truth or dare?

Manik- dare

Ashi- a few words for the woman you love.

Manik stared at Nandini without blinking and said with utmost sincerity,

Manik- main gumshuda si raat hoon, 

           meri khushnuma subah tum ho.

            Jo inn faaslon ke baad bhi zinda hoon main,

            Jaan lo ki mere jeene ki wajah tum ho.

Nandini kept looking at his face with an unknown emotion floating in her eyes.  She knew that those lines were directed towards her. But the question was that what was Manik trying to do? On one side, he had agreed to the marriage proposal and was claiming to move on and on the other side, his words hinted that he was still there, waiting for her to come and hold his hand. Things were just too complicated for Nandini to land to at any conclusion.

Sanket- I'll spin.

The bottle stopped at Meera.

Ashi- Truth or dare?