CHAPTER 3

Nandini got the biggest shock of her life on listening to Manik's name. It felt like someone had knocked the air out of her lungs and had thrown a bucket full of cold water straight on her face. She was not yet ready to face the man who had crushed her heart so brutally. Although she claimed to have moved on but deep within her heart, she knew that she was still there where Manik had left her that day. She still wanted him to come and hold her hand. To take her away from this world of pain and cruelty, to take her back to their happy world. But she knew that she couldn't fall weak. She somehow handled herself, regained her calm and moved towards the stage to take her award. Manik was observing each and every movement of her, she had grown even more beautiful in these six years. He too stepped on the stage. The host passed the mike to Nandini.

Before Nandini could have said anything, a bunch of media reporters entered inside the venue and started firing questions at Rohan Kapoor.

Media Person 1- Mr. Rohan Kapoor, we have got the news of you being involved in the scam that took place with Reldency Pvt. Ltd. last year.

Media Person 2- We have heard that your father had a tie up with this company, what do you have to say about it?

Media Person 3- As per our sources, you have been blackmailing and forcing Ms. Alishka Khanna to sleep with you, Is that true?

Sweat beads started forming on Rohan's forehead. He was hell confused that how all of this had come out in the media all of a sudden.

Media Person 1- The nation wants an answer Mr. Kapoor.

Rohan started leaving the premises to dodge their questions.

Media Person 2- Sir you can't run away.

The media followed him. He sat in his car and left the venue in a hurry. Manik smirked looking at him running away like a scared kitten. Whereas, Nandini was confused looking at the scene that just took place, however, one look at her Monster's face and everything was crystal clear. She sighed. He hadn't changed a bit. He was still the same old possessive devil who could burn the person who would cast an evil eye on his Nandini.

Host- Ok so let us continue with the ceremony, Ms. Murthy, we will be delighted to hear a few words.

Nandini- Sure, Thank you so much for awarding me with this. With this, I want to become an inspiration for every woman out there, whose closed ones left her all alone to fight with this world, whose loved ones refused to believe in her, remember you are strong, very strong. I would like to dedicate this award to my sunshine who gave me a reason to smile, who made me believe in life, who gave me strength when I was broken, who gifted me a new life. Thank you so much my angel!

Nandini's words left Manik stunned. Right now, his mind was full of questions, who was the angel in Nandini's life? Who was the reason behind the prettiest smile in this world? The thought of her moving on with someone else felt like a poisonous arrow piercing his heart. Was she no longer his Nandini? Did she really fall for someone else? Did her heart now had someone else' name engraved on it. These thoughts filled his mind and he just wanted to run away from the cameras and the people present there who were waiting for him to give his vote of thanks. Finally, he took the mike from the host. And clearing his throat, he said,

Manik- Unlike Ms.Murthy there is no angel present in my life who has helped me to climb the steps of success. The sun that shone for me, left me long back so ya, there's no sunshine in my life. Whatever I am today is because of my efforts. So, if I would have to thank anyone, then it would be myself, so thank you so much Manik Malhotra because you deserve every bit of it.

Saying this he threw the mike away and rushed out of the venue. Stepping out, he took a deep breath and shouted on the top of his voice,

Manik- Nandiniiiii

Nandini- Manik

He turned back to look at the woman standing behind him, the same woman who used to shine for him, the same woman who used to fill his life with happiness.

Nandini- What was that?

Manik- Why are you here, go back and thank your angel or even better go to your angel, he must be waiting for you.

Nandini was so lost in standing there and observing his each and every movement that she missed that 'he'. She was busy staring at his chocolaty orbs, that once used to look into her eyes so deeply that it used to make her feel things. Those pair of brown eyes, which she could gaze for her entire life but still would never get enough of them. His eyes were as deep as an ocean, an ocean in which she could not swim, but drown without any worries. His eyes, alone, were enough to make her feel butterflies in her stomach. His sharp jaw, pointed nose and toned arms sent tingles down her spine. She was busy ogling at the man she once loved, still does but was afraid to accept, afraid that he will not trust her again, afraid that he will leave her yet again, afraid that he will again break her heart, afraid that she will be left stranded all alone with no one around who could listen to her painful screams, with no one to tell her that everything would be alright, with no one to console her, with no one to take away all her pain, with no one to heal her wounds, with no one to tell her that she is loved. Her trance was broken by his shout.

Manik (shouts)- Just go away Nandini

Nandini flinched due to the rise in his tone,

Manik- oh I am so sorry, I have lost the right to call you that as you like it to be professional and formal with strangers, so ok let's try once more, just go Ms. Murthy! Leave.

.........................................................

HEY!

Here is the third chapter. Hope you all liked it!

DON'T FORGET TO HIT THE STAR BUTTON AND LEAVE YOUR PRECIOUS COMMENTS!

INLINE COMMENTS ARE APPRECIATED!

Thank you for reading,

Stay safe and take care!

Best Wishes!

Inaayat