CHAPTER 14

Hey guys!

I am back with the next chapter. Please do vote, comment and follow.

Enjoy the update!

~~~~~~~~

Manik- what did you mean when you had said that what's done is done and we should let it go?

Nandini- that's not important, you have met your daughter.

Manik- but I had told you that I want my family back. My daughter is not the only one who I count as family.

Nandini(bluntly)- I can't get back with you.

Manik- why not? You know right that it was Nyon

Nandini- I know that all that happened was because of the insecurities of Mrs. Malhotra but trusting me and believing in my love was completely in your hands. She had not asked you throw me out, you were the one who had asked me to leave and I can't forgive you for that.

Manik- I just want a chance to prove myself worthy of your forgiveness.

Nandini- and I am not willing to give that.

Manik- but

He was interrupted by her harsh voice, 

Nandini- stop, this discussion is pointless Manik. I can give you only one advice, stop trying to mend what doesn't even exist. You failed as a husband so just let that fact be and now focus on becoming a good father. I know you love Aadu a lot so please focus on keeping her happy, work on building that bond. We are over.

Manik too increased his volume a bit, 

Manik- No, we aren't. You can't see me hurt Nandini. My pain still hurts you. I know what I had done doesn't deserve your forgiveness but I am too selfish to let you go and loving or not loving each other is not even in our hands. No one, I repeat, No one can change the fact that we love each other, not even you. You can repeat this 'we're over' as many times as you want but your eyes tell a different story. You are just too afraid to give me a second chance but I promise you that I will finish all these insecurities of yours very soon.

Saying this Manik left from the kitchen.

...............

Living Room

Aadhya- no dad, I won't let you go this time.

Manik- I will meet you tomorrow princess. This is your and your mom's house, I can't stay here forever.

Aadhya- no means no, you can't go! Is my family not normal? Why can't all three of us live in the same house, under the same roof like my friends' families?

With this, Aadhya broke down into tears and Nandini and Manik immediately came towards her. Nandini rubbed her back to calm her down.

Nandini- stop crying, your dad is not going anywhere. He will be living with us here only.

Aadhya looked at her with a twinkle in her eyes.

Aadhya-promise?

Nandini- promise.

Aadhya gave her a wide smile. Nandini could feel a heated gaze at her all along and she knew who this gaze belonged to.

Nandini- now you go and quickly change into your night dress.

Aadhya happily left from there along with Navya, leaving behind Manik and Nandini. Nandini turned her sharp gaze towards him and said, 

Nandini- what? Stop staring. I am doing this for Aadhya. You can stay here as her father but don't keep any hope beyond that. 

This made Manik's lips curve upwards.

Manik(happily)- The world rests on hope!

...................................

Aadhya's Room

Aadhya and Manik were playing with each other.

Aadhya(grumpy)- you are cheating

Manik- no princess I didn't cheat

Aadhya- oh really, then why is that red piece kept behind your back?

Manik tried to think of an excuse to escape her accusing stare.

Manik- ummm, I think it must have fallen there in the last round.

Aadhya cutely hit her head on listening to his stupid excuse.

Aadhya- dad this is not fair. Even I can think of a better excuse than this!

Manik gave her a sheepish smile and ran his fingers through his hair.

Manik- ok ok I am sorry!

Aadhya nodded her head and gave him a 'I am letting you go this time' expression.

Aadhya-it's ok, let's start a new game!

Manik(to himself)- I wish Nandini would also have forgiven me that easily.

Aadhya- dad, is mom angry with you because you were busy with your work?

Aadhya's question brought Manik out his thoughts and he tried to figure out how to explain the reason behind the complications that existed in between Nandini and him, to this five year old kid. He released a sigh failing to land on any any conclusion while Aadhya nudged him with her elbow to answer her question. Not getting any other way to come out of this situation he said,

Manik- yes, she is angry because I have hurt by being busy and not coming to meet you two since so many years.

Aadhya put her finger on her chin and looked up towards the ceiling thinking something deeply. After a few moments of silence, she threw her next question towards him.

Aadhya- so what have you done to earn her forgiveness?

The question formed a deep V on Manik's forehead and confusion washed his face. He gave her an 'Isn't that quite obvious' look and answered in a confident tone,

Manik- I had said Sorry!

Aadhya(giving an are you serious look)- sorry, just a sorry?

Manik- yes, what else can I do?

//////////////////////////////////////////////////

What are your thoughts on Manik and Nandini's conversation?

How was Manik and Aadhya's scene?

Hope you liked the update.

DON'T FORGET TO HIT THE STAR BUTTON AND LEAVE YOUR PRECIOUS COMMENTS!

Thank you,

Stay safe and Take care,

Best wishes!

Inaayat