CHAPTER 25

Sanket(excitedly)- finally, found it! Look.

He tilted the screen towards Nandini and she smiled looking at the picture.

Nandini- so what's her name?

Sanket's eyes twinkled while he answered her,

Sanket- Aashna, the future mother of my child!

Nandini laughed whole heartedly listening to his way of introducing his girlfriend.

On the other side, Manik was gritting his teeth so strongly that it seemed like they could fall out anytime.

Manik(to himself)- why is she laughing so much with him? Mujhse toh hamesha dur bhagti rehti hai. I can't even listen to anything from here, damn it!

He harshly kept his wine glass on the table beside him but that made no difference to the other two people sitting near the pool.

Nandini's laugh subsided before she said,

Nandini- you could have simply said that she is your girlfriend.

Sanket- hmm, but she isn't that simple to be introduced so simply. You know Nandini, my life was a mess before meeting her, full of crazy parties, no sense of responsibility, well, at that time I thought that's what you call the colorful and free life.

He paused and the only sound surrounding the atmosphere was off the water in the pool. The rippling sound filled the surrounding with a sense of calmness. Sanket cleared his throat to continue,

Sanket- But then, I met her at a charity event that I had went to attend on behalf of my company, no need to mention, dad had sent me forcibly.

He said, chuckling.

Sanket- I fell for her the moment I saw her. Too filmy, but it's true. She brought the much needed stabilization in my life, woh thehrav. She made me find myself.

Nandini softly smiled listening to his words.

Nandini- she is pretty.

Sanket- prettiest, she is like the crayons to my colouring book, never fails to fill my life with the colours of love and happiness. She is like aloo.

Nandini broke into a loud laughter.

Manik tightened his hold on the nearby table,

Manik(to himself)- what is he, a joker ki madam ko phir se hasi aa gayi!

Back to Nandini's side,

Nandini- aloo as in potato?

Sanket- yes, she fits with every piece of my life perfectly and effortlessly, just like aloo fits with all the vegetables whether its peas, paneer, spinach.

Nandini(giggling)- ok don't open a sabzi mandi here now, I got your point. Wait, if you have a girlfriend then why the hell were you flirting with me a few minutes back?

Sanket- haww! I never flirted that's just my happy go lucky nature and it was just friendly flirting. If that made you fall for me then I apologise from the bottom of my heart as I will have to break your heart as I love only Aashna and will be loyal to her always.

He said dramatically keeping his hand on his heart.

Nandini- okay okay, stop this drama. So does Meera know about her?

Sanket- no, you are the first one I have shared this with. I will be telling Meera after this get together gets over.

Nandini(frowning) - then why did you share this with me?