CHAPTER 17

Before beginning with the chapter I just wanted to apologize as I wasn't able to update on Tuesday as I was busy with my internals. I am still having them but I took out sometime to write this chapter as I really don't want to give a lot of gap in updating. My schedule is a bit upset due to the assignments and internals so there might be some delay in the upcoming chapters but I won't make you guys wait for long!

I have written this chapter really quick so I don't know whether it's upto the mark or not🙈

Please do vote, comment and follow for faster updates!

Happy Reading!

........

As soon as he left, tears brimmed in Nandini's eyes. 

Nandini (to herself)- just stop doing all this Manik because I can't forgive you. I am scared, scared to left alone once again, scared to be broken. I can't give us a second chance.

The rest of the day went by normally.

At the dinner table,

Nandini- Aadu, these green vegetables are not to be kept aside but they have to be eaten. Finish all that's in your plate.

Nandini's scolding made Manik's mind race back to their past. 

Nandini- Manik you are ill, can't you just listen to me once.

Manik- Nandini, you know na I can do anything for you but not this. These tasteless vegetables make e feel pukish. No no I am not having them. No chance!

Nandini- Mr. Malhotra get me straight, you aren't leaving this chair until you finish all of these vegetables that you have so conveniently shifted to my plate by sending me to get water for you.

Manik- I was ill last week. I don't need these now. Order some biryani or pizza for me.

Nandini- Please Manik, for me.

There came Nandini's master stroke, soft voice and puppy eyes, the best combination to make Manik give into her demands.

Manik- no don't give me that look.

Nandini- can't you do this much for me?

Nandini asked emotionally. Manik huffed in annoyance and picked up his fork that made Nandini smile,

Manik- fine, just for you. And dare you show me those puppy eyes again!

Nandini giggled and bobbed her head looking at the whining monster sitting right in front of her.

In the next few minutes, all the vegetables had disappeared from Manik's plate much to Nandini's relief.

Manik- now where's my reward?

Nandini passed him a clueless look.

Manik- what? Stop looking at me like that. I did this for you so now it's your turn to do something for me in return.

Nandini- but I already ate my vegetables, so what should I do in return.

Nandini said innocently, rolling her cheek on the inner side of her tongue. Manik got up from his chair and came towards her. A smirk was playing on his lips. He leaned towards her and whispered in a husky voice,

Manik- there are many ways by which you can give me a reward.

Nandini- what ways?