CHAPTER 23

The Next Morning,

Nandini- But Ms. Mehta isn't it a personal function.

Meera- Please Nandini, Dad really wants you to be there too. He wants to thank you as after all it was you because of whom we met Manik.

Nandini was too tired throwing excuses to not attend the get together and arguing with Meera since the last fifteen minutes. At last, she agreed having no other option. Disconnecting the call, Meera messaged Manik a thumbs up telling him that his work was done. 

On the other hand, Manik was just too tensed for tonight's get together. He had to do the things which he was least interested in. He had to hurt Nandini a bit more to make her confess. He had to give her a little more pain so that she could get happiness for the rest of her life. He had to, it was no longer an option.

The time flew by and the evening approached. Nandini had just returned back after dropping Aadhya to Shivika's house for the night stay. 

She went towards her room and froze seeing a half-naked Manik searching for his clothes. He looked cute with a slight frown and a confused pout. Nandini noticed him standing there with only a towel wrapped around his waist. She couldn't stop herself from ogling at his strong arms with veins popping out. She admired his perfectly toned physique forgetting about her surroundings. She gazed at this fine art of god who was once only hers. Her trance broke when she heard him calling her name.

Manik- Nandini, if you are done staring, then please come and help me.

Nandini- ask for help from Ms. Mehta, why should I help you?

Manik(smirking)- okay then, I'll video call her. Let her also enjoy this view. 

He said pointing at his bare upper body and Nandini's eyes widened. She said with urgency dripping from her voice,

Nandini- wear that black coloured shirt with the dark blue coat, the one with black lining on the collars along with black pants. Your black shoes are on the rack outside and your Rolex and perfume are lying on the dressing table.

Manik was left stunned,

Manik- Wow, that's detailed but much better. You have a nice choice (pauses) but mine is better.

He said staring at her from head to toe while she shifted on her feet getting nervous all of a sudden. 

Manik- I am waiting in the living room, get ready and come fast.

After twenty minutes, Nandini came out muttering uncountable sorries as she was late. Manik looked at her and boom, everything else just blurred out. He couldn't take his eyes off the lady standing before him, looking breathtakingly beautiful in a black net saree. She looked like the prettiest woman on Earth. The rose gold watch in her one hand and a few bangles in the other screamed elegance. The black winged liner and the dark shade mascara highlighted her captivating eyes. Manik was mesmerized looking at her. Her luscious lips covered with the dark red lipstick were looking way too inviting to him. He took a deep breath to calm himself down, when he heard Nandini saying,

Nandini- shall we leave?

Manik- yes, after you.

Manik opened the door and walked behind her. He opened the door of the passenger seat for her and she settled inside giving him a small smile, making his heat flutter. He closed the door after making sure that her pallu was not hanging out. He started the car after occupying the driver's seat. The drive was a silent one. 

Soon they reached the Mehta Bungalow. He helped her to get down and then sitting on his knees, he carefully adjusted the pleats of her saree. She looked at him with affection in her eyes, this made her relive their old moments. For Manik, he just couldn't take a risk with Nandini when wearing a saree as he was well aware of her clumsiness. He stood up and handed the car keys to the guard to park it.