Chapter 24

Guy- yes simple yet stunning, Mee, you never told me that your friend is so beautiful.

Meera looked back towards the entrance and an excited squeal left her mouth,

Meera- Sanku! What a pleasant surprise.

She ran and hugged the guy.

Meera- Manik and Nandini, meet Sanku, oh sorry, Sanket Mehta. My cousin brother. He is currently working in London, handling my uncle's business.

[Sanket Mehta- Meera's cousin brother. He is two years younger to her. He stays in London and is handling his dad's business. He is the kind of guy who will never let you be sad when you are with him because of his positive vibes and his charm. A perfect combination of sweet and smart.]

Sanket passed a warm smile to both of them after muttering a quick hi. He playfully hit Meera on her head and she glared at him.

Sanket- what? This is for hiding this beautiful friend of yours from me.

Saying this he stepped towards Nandini and passed his hand towards her for a handshake. Nandini was about to give her hand, when Manik stepped in front of her and grabbed Sanket's hand tightly for a handshake.

Manik(gritting his teeth)- Hello Mr. Mehta.

Sanket- Call me Sanket, Mr. Mehta sounds too boring for my personality.

Sanket pulled his hand out of Manik's grip.

Sanket- now, if you can excuse me.

He moved past Manik and took Nandini's right hand in his left one. He bent down a little and placed a soft kiss on her knuckles. All of this happened in the blink of an eye.Manik stood there dumbstruck and Nandini was too stunned to realise what just happened.

Sanket gave her a charming smile,

Sanket- You look gorgeous Nandini, I hope you don't mind me calling you that.

Nandini just passed him a polite smile, not wanting to look rude or ignorant to Meera's guest.

Sanket still stood there looking at Nandini while she looked around to avoid meeting his eyes. That's when her eyes met with a burning pair of chocolate orbs and it didn't take her even a moment to realize that Monster Manik was back, but she didn't have any intention of calming him down this time. She too wanted to see to what extent had Manik actually moved on. With this, she turned around to look at Sanket.

Nandini- Sanket what business do you handle in London?

Nandini asked trying to initiate a conversation with him. From the corner of her eyes, she noticed Manik tightening his hold on the poor glass of red wine that he held in his left hand. His clenched jaw and red eyes were enough to make her lips curl up into a victorious smirk. Sanket noticed her looking at Manik and cleared his throat to gain her attention. She immediately looked at him, giving him a dazzling smile.

Nandini- I am so sorry, what were you saying?

Sanket- So I was saying that I handle my dad's textile business.

Nandini- oh really, that's great. Then you can really help me as I was planning to expand our company to the textile sector as well.

Sanket- Sure, it will be my pleasure. Let me get you a drink.

Nandini- I don't drink.

Sanket- I was referring to lime soda, its non alcoholic.

Nandini- okay then, let me accompany you till the counter.

Sanket- After you.

Nandini left with Sanket following her and there stood Manik fuming with anger along with the two girls whose jaws were touching the floor, trying to process the things that just happened. Manik stomped towards Meera and uttered angrily,

Manik- if you want to see your brother alive, then tell him right away to keep distance from my Nandini.

Meera- calm down Manik, you are ruining your own plan.

Ashi- Meera is right Manik. As per my experience, Nandini is just trying to test you!

Manik gaped at her and then raised an eyebrow looking at Meera. Meera understood his confusion and looked down.

Manik- Ms.Meera Mehta

Meera- um woh, I couldn't hide it from her. But don't worry, she is here to help us!

Ashi- of course! In fact I think you should be happy as god has gifted you with a full toli of people for playing cupid.

Manik- you know what Meera, tell your family to stay away from my Nandini as I don't want her to lose her mind till the end of this plan. Your father creepily winks at me doing his overacting, your best friend utters absolute rubbish and your cousin, huff, that guy dares to flirt with my Nandini.

Meera passed him an embarrassed and apologetic smile.

Meera- just don't lose your patience

Manik- Meer

Meera(interrupting)- (shutting her eyes tightly) for Nandini

Meera's words were successful in making Manik tongue-tied. He huffed in annoyance leaving from there.

Manik rushed to the pool side where the drinks were being served. The scene in front of him calmed his down as it was Nandini sitting, dipping her feet in the pool. What gave him relief was that she was alone.

Manik- thank god that leech left her side.

Manik headed towards her but his steps stopped spotting another guy settling beside her. The fact, that it was none other than Meera's beloved brother resurfaced his anger. He wanted to go to him and splash the red wine in his glass directly on the perfectly ironed white shirt that he was wearing, after all red wine stains were never easy to do away with!

He took deep breaths to calm himself as he couldn't let his fury ruin the things for him, once again.

While Manik was trying to subside his anger, Nandini was enjoying forgetting everything. Sipping the perfectly made lime soda along with the cold water touching her feet, made her feel lighter. Sometimes, these little things are much more important than the lavish things as these provide you with respite. Sanket sat beside her, scrolling through his phone with a frown etched on his face.

Sanket(excitedly)- finally, found it! Look.

He tilted the screen towards Nandini and she smiled looking at the picture.

●●●●●●●

Hey!

How was the update?

And how was jealous Manik?

How was the new entry, Sanket?

What do you think will Nandini do next?

Will Manik be able to control his anger looking at Nandini and Sanket together?

A lot more will be happening in this little get together...Excited?

DON'T FORGET TO HIT THE STAR BUTTON AND LEAVE YOUR PRECIOUS COMMENTS!

More the votes and comments, faster will be the updates:-)

Thank you,

Best Wishes!

Inaayat