CHAPTER 29

Kindly follow my profile and do vote and comment on the chapter:-)

Please do vote for the previous chapters as well if you haven't done so already!

Nandini started walking to the exit of the pool side when she stopped feeling a tug at her saree.

She turned around to see that her pallu had been tangled in a glass show piece kept there. She moved back trying to untangle it when she felt another pair of cold hands trying to do the same. She raised her eyes to see Manik untangling her pallu patiently. His cold fingers brushed against her warm ones and she instantly withdrew her hands whereas Manik continued to do the task.

He slowly untangled the pallu but hissed feeling the sharp edge of the glass piercing his right hand's finger in the process. Nandini immediately held his hand and sucked the finger from which blood was oozing. A moment later, she saw drops of blood dripping down his hand and realized that the side of his right palm had also been injured in the process. She spotted a servant passing from there and asked him to get a bandage and antiseptic in a panicking tone. He rushed and brought all that she had asked him to. She cleaned the cut carefully and did his bandage while blowing air on his wound. She looked up to see him looking at her without blinking his eyes. She felt anger rushing in her veins on looking at his carelessness,

Nandini- Can't you be a little careful, kisne kaha tha zyada hero banne ke liye?! I was taking it out then why did you have to interfere.

Manik had a subtle smile on his lips. This was his Nandini. She was scolding him for helping her without even thinking that if he hadn't done so then she would have been the one to get hurt. The concern and worry in her voice filled his heart with a warm feeling. He took his finger back and mocked her with a tight lipped smile resting on his lips,

Manik- aur phir kehti ho pyaar nahi karti!

Saying this, he walked away from the place leaving behind a blank Nandini.

After composing herself, Nandini too went to the dining table to see everyone settled there. She silently occupied the only empty seat, that was beside Manik. The servants served them the food.

At that moment, Mr. Mehta announced that he would be having his dinner in his room as he had some urgent work to complete. He went from there after giving a sly smile to Manik while Manik just glared back.

Nandini noticed that Manik was trying hard to pick up the spoon from his right hand, but was continuously failing because of the deep cut on his finger. He tried to eat using his left hand, but he didn't seem so comfortable in doing so. Nandini looked up at others to see if they noticed him doing so, so that he could get some help, but to her disappointment, everyone was quietly having their dinner, looking down at their plates.

Before she could have requested Sanket to help him, Ashi stood up and decided to shift to the living area, which was right beside the dining area, so that she could watch television while having their dinner. She gestured Sanket to come with her, who shrugged and kept digging the food in his plate. Ashi turned to look at Manik who glared at her and pointed at Sanket through his blazing eyes. His stare was enough for Ashi to grab Sanket's hand and drag him to the living area, even after his complaints and protests.

This left Nandini with no option but to finally feed Manik herself as she clearly wasn't impressed by the idea of Meera doing so. She looked up and found Meera busy glancing at her phone while simultaneously having the dinner.

Manik kept struggling when he finally felt Nandini snatching the spoon from his hand and filling it before thrusting it in his mouth. He swallowed the food and bit his lower lip to stop the smile that threatened to settle on his lips at any moment.

Meera, from the corner of eyes, too noticed that their work was done so she excused herself and walked out of the dining area. As soon as she stepped out, she was pulled to the other side.

Her eyes widened and heartbeat paced up due to the sudden pull but soon that shock got converted into an uncontrollable laughter as she saw three faces gaping at her, looking confused and curious at the same time.

Ashi- stop laughing and tell me what's happening inside?

Sanket- why didn't you guys tell me about this plan?

Meera- Manik had messaged us when he was returning from the pool side so we didn't get the time to inform you.

Ashi- since when is he a part of this mission?

Sanket- since the time my smart mind figured out everything going on around me.

Meera- I told him everything before going to the pool side.

Mr. Mehta- leave all that, did Nandini say anything?

Meera- okay first you guys need to chill out.

Ashi- yaar say na, did our plan work?

Meera- it did, of course Nandini didn't confess till now, that can take some more time. But it's clearly visible that she is melting. She wasn't able to see Manik in pain so right now she is feeding him from her hands.

Ashi- I can smell the fragrance of love!

Meera- definitely, just some more time and then the process of brewing this coffee will be done.

Mr. Mehta- Meera you should have told me earlier if you wanted coffee.

Meera shook her head in disbelief.

Meera- dad please just get over your pjs, they aren't even funny.

Sanket- guys what about modifying this plan a bit?

Ashi's eyes widened and she said in a loud tone,

Ashi- no way, it's the monster's plan! He will bury us alive if things go wrong.

Sanket- Trust me, he will be the one thanking us!

He voiced out with a smirk while all three of them passed him a questioning look.

Sanket- let me show it to you, Mee please call one of the servants here, I have to instruct him about something.

●●●●●●

Hey guys!

How was the update?

What do you think Sanket is upto?

Any advice that you want to give to Manik or Nandini or maybe any other character?

Your favourite moment?

DON'T FORGET TO HIT THE STAR BUTTON AND LEAVE YOUR PRECIOUS COMMENTS!

Will post the next chapter soon, Stay tuned!

Thank you,

Best Wishes

Inaayat