CHAPTER 31

Please do vote, comment and follow!!

Happy Reading!

♤♤♤

The next morning, Nandini got up and saw a note placed beside her pillow. She rubbed her eyes and picked it up. It was from Manik. He had informed her that he will be picking Aadhya from her friend's house before coming back from office.

This note made Nandini immensely happy. Although his actions had hurt her a lot in the past, but she was happy to see that he was fulfilling his responsibility as a father so well. The fact that there was someone apart from her who loved and cared for her sunshine, made her heart swell with happiness and her lips curved up in a dazzling smile.

She got out of the bed and did her daily chores. As soon as she sat on the couch to enjoy her leave from the office, she got a call from her best friend.

Navya- theek hai na tu

Nandini- Good Morning to you too!

Navya smiled hearing her cheerful tone. Finally she took a sigh of relief knowing that her best friend was fine.

Navya didn't want to make her gloomy when she sounded so happy, but the sensitive topic had to be touched.

Navya- Did you think about what I said yesterday?

Nandini- Yes I did.

Much to Navya's surprise, Nandini's tone was still happy and confident.

Navya- hmm, toh kya socha?

Nandini- He deserves a chance.

She said getting serious. Her words made Navya smile but the next moment she frowned listening to Nandini's dilemma,

Nandini- but what about his engagement?

Navya- he wanted a chance and you are ready to give him one so he deserves to know it. And about the engagement, then it's his call.

Nandini- you're right

Navya- so when are you planning to tell him?

Nandini- I will tell him once he returns from the office.

Navya- okay, stay calm and break his jaw if he hurts you this time.

Nandini laughed listening to her advice.

Nandini- I won't let him hurt me this time. It won't be easy for him to win my trust.

Navya- Its good to see you like this, happy and confident.

Nandini- okay, now don't disturb me. I am on a leave so let me enjoy.

Navya- How rude! Okay bye.

Navya disconnected the call and Nandini chuckled thinking of the grumpy look that must be on her face at present.

♤♤♤

In the evening,

Manik picked Aadhya up and took her to a nearby bakery.

Manik- so what will my princess have? Chocolate cake or brownie?

Aadhya- brownie with ice cream

Manik- okay, I'll just get it from the counter.

Manik bought her order and cleared his throat to gain her attention.

Manik- princess I wanted your help

Aadhya- what help dad?

Manik- mom and I are playing a game and I will need your help if I want to win.