CHAPTER 21

Hello!

I have decided to continue with the book and stick to my storyline. I will be happy to get your support.

And just to let you know, the current plot is just a small part of the book and will be over soon, IT ISN'T THE MAIN THEME.

Please shower the chapter with your love and support as I really need some motivation right now.

Happy reading!

■~■~■~■~■~■

Evening,

The City Stacks Café

Nandini entered the place. It was a quiet place with only a few tables occupied. She could hear the sounds of clicking of shoes and some hushed whispers. The smell of freshly brewed coffee and cocoa beans entered her nostrils and relaxed her. She felt good but soon that peace changed into nervousness looking at the corner most table of the café that was occupied by Manik. She took a deep breath to calm her senses and finally made her way to the table.

She looked at Manik smiling looking at his phone. "Maybe he was busy texting Meera", this thought that popped in her mind, instantly made her feel nauseous. She pulled the chair with full force and settled down grabbing Manik's attention, who, at the speed of lighting pressed the lock button that was on the edge of his phone, fearing that Nandini might notice him admiring their wedding pictures and all his planning would go down the drain. He took of a sigh of relief and mentally thanked god for saving him.

Manik- hey!

Nandini didn't even glance at him. She asked the waiter to bring her the menu, even though an extra menu was lying there at Manik's side.

Manik (to himself)- she looks way too pissed, that she preferred to talk to the waiter over me.

After a few minutes, Mr. Mehta too arrived and all three of them started the discussion regarding the funds allocated for the project. Finally, after an hour, they concluded their meeting.

Mr. Mehta- Manik, I didn't bother you before the meeting because it was meant to be a professional one, but now enough of this formal way of greeting. Just call me dad.

Mr. Mehta winked at Manik, indicating him that Meera had told him everything.

On the other hand, Nandini choked on her coffee and started coughing badly. Tears brimmed in her eyes. She didn't know whether it was because of the constant coughing or because of the words that she just heard. This was getting too much. She got up from her chair.

Nandini- since the meeting is over, I will take your leave gentlemen.

Manik looked at her. A ping sound coming from his phone gathered his attention. He looked at the message that he had just received and smirked looking at the disappearing figure of Nandini.

Nandini stepped out of the café and went to her car. Her chauffer was on leave so she had drove herself here. She opened the door to the driver's seat but halted her movement looking the punctured tire.

Nandini- Aiyappa, now how will I go!?

At that time, she spotted Manik and Mr. Mehta exiting the café and coming towards her as their cars were also parked near hers only. Manik looked at her with a frown.

Manik- you haven't left till now!?

Nandini huffed and pointed towards the punctured tire. Manik offered her a ride for which she refused. He shrugged expecting that response. Nandini took out her phone to call a cab but sighed noticing that the battery of her phone had drained out. She mentally noted to scold Aadhya for using her phone without even taking permission for playing her weird games. Looking at her pouting disappointedly, Manik thanked his princess for successfully completing her task. Nandini took a step towards him and he immediately started looking in the opposite direction.

Nandini- okay

Manik- sorry, are you talking to..

He pointed his index finger towards himself raising his eyebrows.

Nandini- Drop me home.

Manik- I am not your chauffer, be polite.

Nandini- leave it, I will manage.

Saying this she turned around to leave when he instinctively held her hand to stop her.

Manik- I will drop you.

Nandini turned around and gave him a sarcastic smile. She moved towards the back seat and was about to open the door when she heard Manik's shout.

Manik- Oh hello, I am not your chauffer. Come and sit on the front seat.

Nandini had a poker face. She slowly withdrew her hand from the handle of the back door and moved towards the front seat. She settled inside and Manik started the car.He looked at her to see her lost. He leaned towards her but she didn't notice him doing so. He bent to get hold of the seatbelt so that he could tuck it for her. Nandini came out her trance and was startled to see him this close. He pulled the belt and was about to tuck it when he felt her staring at his face intently. He too turned his head to look at her. Their noses were almost touching and they hardly had any noticeable distance between them. Her chest was rising and falling due to his proximity. She was feeling as if the whole world's butterflies were now there in her stomach, making her feel ticklish.His gaze unintentionally shifted towards her alluring lips and she immediately started feeling a strange dryness in her mouth. She subconsciously licked herlips making his eyes turn darker. She too glanced at his rough lips.He leaned towards her more to end the gap between them when a honking sound startled them. He tucked the belt and moved back to his seat, cursing himself for losing control as it could have ruined all that he had planned. Nandini closed her eyes and leaned back on the seat powerlessly.

The silence in the car was broken by Manik's ringtone. He smiled looking at the caller id and Nandini too tried to peep in his phone to see what made him smile. She felt a pang of jealousy seeing Meera's name popping on his screen.

Manik- Hi Meera

Nandini could only hear his side of the conversation.

Manik- Nothing, just dropping Ms. Murthy to her place as her car's tire punctured.

She looked at him with hurt covering her face on listening to him all of a sudden referring to her as Ms. Murthy rather than Nandini. She knew that it was her only who had told him to call her Ms. Murthy but still he had not obeyed to her, until this call.

Manik- now? But let me drop her. No, she won't be comfortable. Okay then I will see you soon.

Manik kept his phone and avoided looking at Nandini's face that was red with jealousy. Not able to hold herself anymore, Nandini asked with curious eyes,

Nandini- what was Ms. Mehta saying?

Manik- nothing that you should worry about, its personal.

.....................

Hey!

How was the update?

DON'T FORGET TO HIT THE STAR BUTTON AND LEAVE YOUR PRECIOUS COMMENTS!

Thank you,

Best Wishes!

Inaayat