CHAPTER 13

HEY!

One vote was still left to reach 60 votes on the previous chapter but that's okay, I am quite happy with the response I got so here is the next chapter❤

Please do VOTE, COMMENT AND FOLLOW if you are liking the book.

Happy Reading!

~~~~~

Nandini- what's done is done, we should just let it go.

Manik looked at her questioningly. Nandini ignored his questioning gaze and pulled her wrist back from his now loosened grip. She gestured him to stand.

Nandini- Go to the washroom and freshen up, then we will go home to see Aadu.

A mixture of happiness, excitement, worry and regret washed over Manik and a whisper left his mouth,

Manik- What will I tell her if she asks me that where was I for so many years?

Nandini- that we will see later. Now go and get ready.

After this they left together for Nandini's home. They settled in her car. The chauffer had taken a half day so it was Nandini who was settled in the driver's seat while Manik occupied the passenger seat. The atmosphere was filled with an uncomfortable silence. Manik's mind raced back to a sweet memory of the time when they were dating each other.

Manik- Nandini press the accelerator.

Nandini(irritated)- I am pressing it na par yeh chal hi nahi rahi hai.

Manik- Look, that's not possible. Yahi gaadi chalakar we have reached here, right?

Nandini(cribbing)- toh yeh bas tumse hi chalti hai. I don't want to drive this khataara.

Manik- Nandini, people will faint if they hear you calling this latest edition of BMW as khataara.

Nandini(grumpy)- I don't care. Agar gaadi theek hai toh phir problem tumme hai. Why can't you teach me properly!

Manik- Aur kaise sikhau? Achha wait, now see what I will do!

Manik stepped out of the car and came to her side. He opened her door and Nandini raised her eyebrows giving him a 'what' look.

Manik- Lift yourself, let me sit on the seat. 

Nandini- and where will I sit?

Manik- in my lap, aur kaha?

Nandini's eyes widened hearing him. Although they had been dating for almost a year now but still the freshness was still there in their relationship. She still used to blush in the same way that she had blushed when they had met for the very first time.

Nandini silently obeyed his order and comfortably settled in his lap.  

Manik- achha look now you have to shift this gear and then

He stopped abruptly as he found her looking at him without blinking. Her eyes were full of affection and care. Manik's voice broke her trance.

Manik(sweetly)- Nandini ji, ab bataiye main bura teacher hoon ya aap buri student hai?

Nandini cutely bit her tongue and said while stuttering,

Nandini- haan toh you are a bad teacher, its just because of you that I am not able to focus.

Manik- I can see that. You just can't seem to take your eyes off me!

Nandini blushed harder and lowered her innocent eyes to stare at her fingers. Manik turned her face towards him by keeping his fingers on her chin. He leaned towards her and whispered huskily in her ears,