CHAPTER 15

Manik- I had said Sorry!

Aadhya's eyes widened listening to him and she uttered in disbelief,

Aadhya(giving an are you serious look)- sorry, just a sorry?

Manik looked at her cluelessly like a criminal who was absolutely unknown of the heinous crime that he had committed.

Manik- yes, what else can I do?

Aadhya- Are you even real, I do so many things to make mom forgive me whenever she is angry.

Manik shrugged and raised his eyebrows asking,

Manik- things like?

Aadhya- like making a card for her, baking her favourite cake

Manik(cuts her)- what you know how to bake a cake at the age of five?

Aadhya- ok ok I don't, It's Navya masi who bakes it, but I do help her.

Manik- and what else do you do?

Aadhya- Mom has never been very like very angry on me till date, so these things plus my puppy eyes were enough to melt her heart. Don't you know she can't stay angry for a long time from the peop

She was interrupted by Manik who completed her sentence with hope shining in his eyes,

Manik- people she loves

Aadhya- ya I was saying that only, so now what have you thought of doing to make her forgive you?

Manik- well, don't you think that you should give sometime to your dad to actually think about it?

Aadhya- I don't think you will be able to manage alone, I will have to help you in earning mom's forgiveness.

Manik- and how will you help me?

Aadhya- tomorrow is a Sunday, which means it's mine and mom's off so

Manik(interrupts)- even mine

Aadhya(cutely glaring at him)- don't interrupt! Ya so as I was saying it's her off so we will make her favourite breakfast for her.

Manik- my princess is so talented, you know how to cook south Indian at such a young age!

She looked at him with a scrutinizing gaze,

Aadhya- excuse me! You will cook, my job will be only to supervise by sitting at the countertop. Unfortunately, Navya masi has gone for work and will be out for the next one week, so you have to manage by yourself.

Manik's eyes widened and he screamed at the top of his lungs,

Manik- what!! but I don't know how to cook?

Aadhya passed him a sweet yet sarcastic smile,

Aadhya- None of my business. You don't know how to cook then go and learn, you have to put in these efforts if you want mom to forgive you.

Manik(to himself)- this effort is too small to mend my mistake.

He came out his thoughts looking at Aadhya's flaring nose that had turned red. He chuckled as she looked exactly like his younger version, a mini monster.

Aadhya- stop zoning out dad! Report in the kitchen at sharp 7am tomorrow. Good Night!

Saying this Aadhya went and lied down on her bed partially covering herself with the duvet.

Manik(to himself)- wow Manik, it's the first time that someone is giving you orders!

Manik covered her with the duvet properly and kissed her forehead. He switched off the lights and came out of her room. He went towards Nandini's room but she wasn't there.

Manik- where did she go?

He went to look for her in her study and there she was, sleeping leaning back on her chair. Manik walked towards her and stared at her beautiful face. He tucked the hair strands disturbing her sleep, softly behind her ears.

Manik- these glasses make you look even more cute Nandini, but now it's time for them to let you rest.

Saying this he slowly removed her glasses that were settled on her nose. Manik picked her up in his arms and brought her to her room. He made her lie down on the bed, removed her sandals and covered her with a duvet. He kissed her forehead and whispered a 'good night' in her ear. She smiled in her sleep on being tickled by his beard and he too smiled looking at her smile. It was after years, that he was the reason behind her smile. She had smiled for him. And he couldn't help but feel that things were not truly over, the mess he had created could still be sorted and things can be made even more beautiful than what they were six years back.

He went and lied down on the couch in her room and closed his eyes with a small smile playing on his lips.

////////////

Hey!

Hope you liked the chapter. I am extremely sorry for such a short update but I was caught up with some urgent work so couldn't really focus on writing the part.

Kindly ignore typing errors, if any.

DON'T FORGET TO HIT THE STAR BUTTON AND LEAVE YOUR PRECIOUS COMMENTS.

I will be back very soon with the next update, STAY TUNED!

Thank you,

Best Wishes!

Inaayat